It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish commercial includes god.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A danish commercial currently running, stares god as he helps a girl with her hair. It goes something like this:

you see a big cloud in some girls bathroom, and a large large human finger representing god. He then gives the girl some hair product and ofcourse it works really good.

But then... the girl grabs her tits and says "Can you do something about theses?" and then the commercial ends.

Here in DK we are not very religious so people dont care about that kind of blasphemi (or is it?), but i wanted to know how that kind of commercial would be received in a religious country like the states?
What would come of it?
Would you be offended?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would not be offended. I live in the US. But I am not religious at all although I put all my trust in God.

Hopefully it would offend those who are religious--God is not theirs alone--they might not even know who they speak of.

God gave the girl her tits, why can't she ask for a 'do over' if He makes Himself known to her in such a fashion--in her bathroom, no less!!

At least now there is a hope for all of us to talk to God in the bathroom. I say it is a sign of progress in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
A danish commercial currently running, stares god as he helps a girl with her hair. It goes something like this:

you see a big cloud in some girls bathroom, and a large large human finger representing god. He then gives the girl some hair product and ofcourse it works really good.

But then... the girl grabs her tits and says "Can you do something about theses?" and then the commercial ends.

Here in DK we are not very religious so people dont care about that kind of blasphemi (or is it?), but i wanted to know how that kind of commercial would be received in a religious country like the states?
What would come of it?
Would you be offended?

I'm thinking that dark side obcessed materialists would be most impressed by this commercial and love it.

But like all things it shows that God will not bow to the wishes of his creation either so that is good.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
No. God doesn't bow. But HE does indeed faithfully serve all of His creation in ways you do not understand.

He is way too big to be bothered by some TV commercial....it was probably His idea in the first place.

[edit on 6/20/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
you banish the Goddess and God becomes a peeping tom.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I banish no one, Sir Wolf!

Besides, who do you think is God's wife beside the Goddess?

That was just His hand--His eyes have all-ray vision, no need to peep at His handiwork!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Cute commercial.
And no, I'm not offended by it at all.

But my guess is that the vast majority of US citizens would be HIGHLY offended. In fact, it wouldn't make it to air. Not necessarily because of the God thing, but more likely because of the breast thing (and her asking God for help with her boobs).

After all, look at the crap that hit the fan when Janet Jackson exposed one breast for a second on National TV. Kids will be scarred for life because of their parents' reaction to that one!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Quite nice interpretation Queenannie.

I actually thought that some of the fundementalist christians here would flame the commercial. But i would like some comments from someone who IS feel this commercial is just plain wrong.

By the way, i did not post about this to offend anyone. Only to get oppions.

MMP

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Religious zealots are so out of control in this country (my country, the USA) when it comes to indecency that I imagine protests would be staged and boycotts of the company would be called for by the leaders.

The FCC would probably require that the part about "Now can you do anything about these?" be completely cut out unless some type of ridiculously large kickback was paid. The FCC is also out of control when it comes to indecency in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Cute commercial.
And no, I'm not offended by it at all.

You wouldn't be--your heart is pure!

But my guess is that the vast majority of US citizens would be HIGHLY offended.

Just wait until you see what is coming! The world will be mostly highly offended at what God plans to finally reveal! But one like you, full of nothing but love and good will to others, will probably know that which you know and honestly admit that you cannot know in the present.....

Too bad there are not more truly humble and loving people like you, girlfriend! I hope there are more than I think!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP
Religious zealots are so out of control in this country (my country, the USA) when it comes to indecency that I imagine protests would be staged and boycotts of the company would be called for by the leaders.

That zeal is indecent, in and of itself, because it is not for God but for their own need to govern on their own ideas and narrow-minded paths which they wish to apply to us all--pretty much spitting in the principles upon which the country was intended to be built upon. The foundation changed from freedom to legalistic christianity...that's not how it was meant to be.

The FCC is also out of control when it comes to indecency in my opinion.

There is no control anywhere! The world is basically out of control....it will bring us to the brink of self-destruction, but only the brink, not the pit....

God loved the world and he never ever once said anything about christians (that's our word, not His) having His approval or authority.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
BOYCOT DANISH GOODS!!!

just kidding

Like BH said, the boobs will cause more of an uproar than having God in the commercial. I don't think many Americans would be offended by a commercial depicting God in an 'ungodly' manner. Yeah they may not like it, but that's as far as it goes.

It's not like there's gonna be riots, protest and even a few deaths as a result of this.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Im offended that any deity is endorsing any product. I am a firm believer in the separation of church and consumerism. If people start putting god in all their ads then God would become no different than that starbucks chick, and only god knows where it will go from there

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Im offended that any deity is endorsing any product.

Do you have a deity of choice--or is it just the general idea that offends you?

If people start putting god in all their ads then God would become no different than that starbucks chick, and only god knows where it will go from there

God does. Don't you think?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

God loved the world and he never ever once said anything about christians (that's our word, not His) having His approval or authority.

That's not really correct, Acts 11:[25] Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:
[26] And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

While you can ask God to help you in any area of life, it needs to be done in the proper way.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
"Can you do something about theses?"

Thats absolutely hilarious.

Er, I mean YOU DIE NOW! AL JIHAD! AL JIHAD!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
we also get that advert in the UK, havent seen it in a while actually...but from what i have seen here no one made a big deal out of it.

top topics

join