It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headlines in MyATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Why do we have to have the banner headline in MyATS? ( Current one = The Secret Battle Over WMD's, etc.)

As it is MY MyATS, I feel that I should have the option of displaying it, or not.

Something along the lines of a check box in settings, or somewhere else convenient.

__ "Display Headline in MyATS"

However important the issue might be, I get tired of seeing it over, and over again. And would like to turn it OFF, sometimes. It gets to be almost as annoying as some of the advertising on this site.

Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Extra! Extra!

The question of ATS headlines is, of course, one about which there are many different opinions.

There's been some heated debate about this in the past, so I ask members to remember to be courteous and respectful of differing opinions in discussing this topic.

But this is BQ&B, and the topic is a legitimate aspect of ATS site design and operation, so if anyone has opinions about the headlines and where they should be displayed, this is a good place for them.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Its not a big hassle to me. Everything about this site is free, so to me, a little headline is way too small a thing to bug about IMO. Just scroll a little faster so u dont see it...lolol jk

I kinda like it cuz i have a tendency to just leave my ats page on autorefresh, that way if the headline did change, id see it instead of accessing main page to get it.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Personally I like the headline because often times I would have not paid attention to the thread. But maybe there would be a better way not so big. Just like a simple alert, still noticeable but not so in your face. Know what I mean?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have to go with leaving the headline alone. It is an alert to something some of us would miss if it weren't there. I don't see what the problem is to point out an important ATS thread on the ATS board.

After all, if we try to rely on the front page......okay - I'll let that go.

Edit: Come to think of it, every other site has "their headlines" on top. Why shouldn't we?

[edit on 6/18/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Edit: Come to think of it, every other site has "their headlines" on top. Why shouldn't we?...

Because for one, I mostly frequent BTS. And when I do go to ATS or PTS, I would have to go to the Main Page there, anyway. So having the headlines in MyATS seems overly redundant.

I don't mind having headlines altogether, but when I'm browsing through BTS and refreshing on MyATS, I don't necessarily want to see the headlines every time I refresh there.

I still think having the option to view it (within MyATS) or not would be helpful.

[edit on 6/18/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
SO.... Can you reduce the clickable area for that headline? I keep hitting it when trying to get focus on the browser, and I lose my place....

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
EH, does not really bother me, but if there was an option to turn it off, I probably would.

I usually go to certain threads by looking in the recent posts anyway.

Semper

new topics

top topics

join