It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New russian tank

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I looking for any information about new russian tank t-195.
Until this year it was in secret file, but now it is not.
Thank you.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Are you looking for the Black eagle tank? If so it's really not secret anymore.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
On the weapons section in ATS there is a thread on the Black Eagle under the title of "Iranian Tank" This is a link to a pretty good article on the Black Eagle as well as the T92 and some other tanks as well. By the way the black eagle is a top notch stste of the art MBT that could be very formidable. Good luck

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by azazelgmail
I looking for any information about new russian tank t-195.
Until this year it was in secret file, but now it is not.
Thank you.

Here, but it's T-95, not 195

gun caliber 135-155mm, stealth technology, composite armour, covered with new generation active armour.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by LtCol_D]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
that a good looking tank

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The tank in the picture is a Black Eagle.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
The tank in the picture is a Black Eagle.

Which says it's T-95

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There is a pretty good 3d type setup at the following:

www.gunpoint-3d.com

It covers a 3d perspective of a variety of different weapons systems from all over the world.
Not to bad of a site for information as well.
I still think the black eagle is an awsome piece of weaponry. Gonna be hard to out perform it in battle. I would love to spend some time checking it over and asking a lot of questions. Awesome tank

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The question is how much money is available to field the tank in sufficient operational numbers..im sure there is quite a few people in the West would like to spend some time checking it over and asking a lot of questions

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
I still think the black eagle is an awsome piece of weaponry. Gonna be hard to out perform it in battle. I would love to spend some time checking it over and asking a lot of questions. Awesome tank

Erm how do you know that ? You don't know how good the armour is, the penetrations or mnitions of the gun, it's cross country mobility, it's speed or it's fore control system. You think it's good because it looks good. LOL. It's just another tank, nothing special - a direct ht by a modern sabot round will blow it to pieces.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Exactly, but with reactive armor plating now days it can get real interesting. I am not saying it's a good tank. I have no personal knowledge on it. I am saying that is awesome from what I have read on it. I was in the Army when the Abrams was an experimental toy. I saw it being tested in Aberdeen Proving grounds. It was a pretty formidable piece of junk then. Now it has been modified and improved many times over and it too is awesome. Don't discount the Black Eagle either. The russians have watched and learned over the years and they have an excellent tank there. I sadi it "could" be a formidable opponent on a field of battle. But alot depends on the crews as well. Sabot can take anything down - agreed but you gotta hit it first. That might not be as easy if the crews know what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
You think it's good because it looks good. LOL. It's just another tank, nothing special - a direct ht by a modern sabot round will blow it to pieces.

You really think so?..
Grins...
Are you russian officer, who knows exactly what the tank really is?..
Or, maybe, you've seen T-95 in action?..
If you ever find yourself in a battlefield and T-95 is the opposing force - no matter what weapon you have, help you god... Take my word for it...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LtCol_D
You really think so?..
Grins...
Are you russian officer, who knows exactly what the tank really is?..
Or, maybe, you've seen T-95 in action?..
If you ever find yourself in a battlefield and T-95 is the opposing force - no matter what weapon you have, help you god... Take my word for it...

why should we take your word for it?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hey planeman. Look up the data on the black eagle and read on it. You'll see it is an awsome tank. It could be a very pormidable tank. If you've never been in a tank battle you have no clue. The good Col. knows what he's talking about.
Do some reading on it you might be impressed.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Umm… from what I’ve read of the T-90 I can say that it sounds like a decent tank, nothing too special about it but a decent tank. Now to take that and imply that this tank is somehow the 'best' or is somehow 'unbeatable' on the battlefield is pushing it IMO, especially since the T-90 has never seen the battlefield. So "The good Col." can say what he likes but it does not mean it’s true.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Now to take that and imply that this tank is somehow the 'best' or is somehow 'unbeatable' on the battlefield is pushing it IMO, especially since the T-90 has never seen the battlefield.

Especially in Chechnya where they have yet to use its potential... makes you wonder why.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sounds like an impressive tank when faced vs another tank/afv..but when faced with airpower similar to US/European its just more junk metal to be taken out with ATGMs or precison missiles strikes/JSOW.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm hearing all about this new Russian tanks: Black Eagle / Obiekt 640, T-95, and the T-99U. However I hear very little about them, even when I look for the information? Is the Russian Army just covering up their new equipment, or do they still actually use early-to-mid 1980's T-80 and T-72 tanks as their mainstay?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Has it been confirmed yet that the Black Eagle uses a unmanned turret? It's turret profile is so low I have a hard time seeing people in it like a M1A2 or Chally.

If it really is I would love to now more about that systems very interesting design move.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A-10's incoming...

What Black Eagle?

Shattered OUT...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join