It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New russian tank

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Don't you just love the fact that in any thread about any weaponry that is non-US, the same old crowd come out and shout it down, like they know everything there is to know and claim that the US equivalent is far superior, would "woop ass" blahdy blah blah....

Truth of the matter is, you just don't know and you engaging in chest thumping to make yourself feel better. I especially like the fact that in one breath, a poster says "how do you know it's any good when you don't know this that and the other", but in his second sentence claims it would be easily taken out. How do you know this if you yourself don't know anything about it?

Makes me laugh sometimes, the sheer bravado people have over their countries weaponry. Armchair generals

EDIT: Instead of wasting bandwidth arguing over who has the bigger wang, why not use it to have a constructive and informative debate about what exactly this particular tank can do? Seems to make much more sense to me....

[edit on 28/6/06 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Don't you just love the fact that in any thread about any weaponry that is non-US, the same old crowd come out and shout it down, like they know everything there is to know and claim that the US equivalent is far superior, would "woop ass" blahdy blah blah....

Truth of the matter is, you just don't know and you engaging in chest thumping to make yourself feel better. I especially like the fact that in one breath, a poster says "how do you know it's any good when you don't know this that and the other", but in his second sentence claims it would be easily taken out. How do you know this if you yourself don't know anything about it?

Makes me laugh sometimes, the sheer bravado people have over their countries weaponry. Armchair generals

EDIT: Instead of wasting bandwidth arguing over who has the bigger wang, why not use it to have a constructive and informative debate about what exactly this particular tank can do? Seems to make much more sense to me....

[edit on 28/6/06 by stumason]

Seems to me that the biggest waste of bandwith would be you're post and mine, trying to fight this is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Seems to me that the biggest waste of bandwith would be you're post and mine, trying to fight this is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.

Shattered OUT...

I shall assume for one minute your not calling me a retard for trying to get people to discuss the matter at hand rather than having a pissing contest all the time, but instead are just pointing out the futility of trying to stop it...

Correct me if I'm wrong

Personally, I am interested in this tank since it was first mentioned, but haven't seen much info on it. Instead, we just get the usual crap posted.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Nah, I was calling people who do what you said that annoys retarded.

It's a nice tank, but really, suspectible to Close Air Support craft. Give me a MBT with AA capability, then I'll be impressed.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
From what I've read on it, the Black Eagle is supposed to be the best tank today. Just from what I've read. I'm not yet drawing on any conclusions until I see it in action or at least in tests. From what I've seen, though, the design looks incredible, especially the unmanned turret
Low profile and a crewless turret is already an advantage the Black Eagle has over today's tanks. I am hoping to get more info about it that will describe other advantages. Some action or tests caught on tape and put on ATS would be good
cuz a tank can be something when people say stuff about it, but when it REALLY shows what it can do, you can finally sleep well at night knowing Russia has made an incredible tank

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sorry for not writing for so long, but i am shore it is t-195.
Mine reference is Russian movie about military technology.
So, they say, "right now we are showing black eagle, but in 2006 you will see t-195"
Also, they said until this year the name was in top secret.

Well i was just curious if anyone hear about, i guess not.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It is still a mistake. there is no classification for tanks in Russia like that (I mean T-1xx) even in development. My reference is I'm an officer myself, russian officer.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant
Sounds like an impressive tank when faced vs another tank/afv..but when faced with airpower similar to US/European its just more junk metal to be taken out with ATGMs or precison missiles strikes/JSOW.

This is why I love people like you. It just makes my day. Any time you guys ever hear of some new technology (mainly russian since it chalenges those of US and any of it's alies) you look into it. You read the info on the paper and if it doesn't impress you you'll talk it down even more. Should it impress you however you will then proceec to say "hmm, well, this here is some good technology. It would be a hard/lethal oponent on the battle fied" buy THEN something flashes in the back of your mind and you realize that it could possibly put your militaries tech a few places down. AT THAT POINT you'll go into things like "yhea, but can the country afford it?" Still not feeling comfortable anough with you statement you will then say something like quoted above. You are saying NEW GENERATION TECHNOLOGY merely "sounds impressive" and only when faced against another tank BUT "our airforce would turn it into junk metal".

Ladies and gentlemen, here's a glipse into what war would be like in bmdefiant's world. Here come the new generation black eagles (t-195s or anything similar), they put up a fight to the tanks of europe and america. The victory seems within grasp for the black eagles but wait! here comes the air force of the US and europe! the day is saved!

You're forgetting one TINY detail; the fact that these tanks won't be in battle all by themselves but protected by a) the russian airforce b) russia's anti-air missile systems and c) the mobile AA platforms like the tunguskas.

The Russian anti-air defenses are currently the best in the world. the S-300u i belive is said to be able to shoot down even stealth targets (at range of 60 miles), the S-400 is being tested I think, not sure how far they are with that. And the Tunguskas are more than capable of protecting those tanks from A-10s should they ever close in for strafing runs.

Now if that's not enoughfor you there's the Russian airforce. I'm wondering if you have ever heard of the flgith combat training the USAF conducted with the India Airforce (who have SU-30s at their disposal, manufactured and sold by russians). I'm sure you know all the claims that the US maid about the missiles ontheir planes, about how they would blow any Russian plane out of the sky befor it could get a chance to close in and even try any evasive manuevers, since you probably use that alot in your arguments, it just sounds like something you would say. Well those claims went down the drain after the practice combat flights were conducted. The legendary US planes (F-15s i think, maybe others) would have been blown out of the sky if that was a real combat engagement. Shortly in the following weeks the pentagon went on to declare that they did not have any fighters largely in service that could hold air superiority against any of the SU series. The Raptor could, but theres not enough of them in the USAF or even in production to make a diff whre as there are thousands of SUs in the Russian AF. And considering that much of the EU and Israel are supplied with american inventory that should just about put an end to your boasts.

But here's the real point: the subject of the thread is about the tank. We are not talking about russia's econ, or anything about it's military except the tank and the tank alone. PEOPLE, quit making dumb posts like "A-10s would rip it apart" and it's no mach for our airforce (no sh*t, you should be promoted to Captain Obvious). Tanks don't fight the airforce!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spets

Originally posted by bmdefiant
Sounds like an impressive tank when faced vs another tank/afv..but when faced with airpower similar to US/European its just more junk metal to be taken out with ATGMs or precison missiles strikes/JSOW.

This is why I love people like you. It just makes my day. Any time you guys ever hear of some new technology (mainly russian since it chalenges those of US and any of it's alies) you look into it. You read the info on the paper and if it doesn't impress you you'll talk it down even more. Should it impress you however you will then proceec to say "hmm, well, this here is some good technology. It would be a hard/lethal oponent on the battle fied" buy THEN something flashes in the back of your mind and you realize that it could possibly put your militaries tech a few places down. AT THAT POINT you'll go into things like "yhea, but can the country afford it?" Still not feeling comfortable anough with you statement you will then say something like quoted above. You are saying NEW GENERATION TECHNOLOGY merely "sounds impressive" and only when faced against another tank BUT "our airforce would turn it into junk metal".

Ladies and gentlemen, here's a glipse into what war would be like in bmdefiant's world. Here come the new generation black eagles (t-195s or anything similar), they put up a fight to the tanks of europe and america. The victory seems within grasp for the black eagles but wait! here comes the air force of the US and europe! the day is saved!

You're forgetting one TINY detail; the fact that these tanks won't be in battle all by themselves but protected by a) the russian airforce b) russia's anti-air missile systems and c) the mobile AA platforms like the tunguskas.

The Russian anti-air defenses are currently the best in the world. the S-300u i belive is said to be able to shoot down even stealth targets (at range of 60 miles), the S-400 is being tested I think, not sure how far they are with that. And the Tunguskas are more than capable of protecting those tanks from A-10s should they ever close in for strafing runs.

Now if that's not enoughfor you there's the Russian airforce. I'm wondering if you have ever heard of the flgith combat training the USAF conducted with the India Airforce (who have SU-30s at their disposal, manufactured and sold by russians). I'm sure you know all the claims that the US maid about the missiles ontheir planes, about how they would blow any Russian plane out of the sky befor it could get a chance to close in and even try any evasive manuevers, since you probably use that alot in your arguments, it just sounds like something you would say. Well those claims went down the drain after the practice combat flights were conducted. The legendary US planes (F-15s i think, maybe others) would have been blown out of the sky if that was a real combat engagement. Shortly in the following weeks the pentagon went on to declare that they did not have any fighters largely in service that could hold air superiority against any of the SU series. The Raptor could, but theres not enough of them in the USAF or even in production to make a diff whre as there are thousands of SUs in the Russian AF. And considering that much of the EU and Israel are supplied with american inventory that should just about put an end to your boasts.

But here's the real point: the subject of the thread is about the tank. We are not talking about russia's econ, or anything about it's military except the tank and the tank alone. PEOPLE, quit making dumb posts like "A-10s would rip it apart" and it's no mach for our airforce (no sh*t, you should be promoted to Captain Obvious). Tanks don't fight the airforce!

SO VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!! Whatever you said^ I will repeat

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   

You should not have mentioned this. Now there will be no end to the number of people who will try and tear you down for your insolance in calling the USAF lacking in any way

But the best part is that the F-15s dint even go up against the Su-30 MKIs (which are much better than the Russian versions)

Anyway lets forget that topic. Its been discussed to death on this forum.

Getting back to the tank. Can anyone provide some specs on it?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
OK, i'm sorry to go off topic again. My friend, they can tell me all of their opinions on it, i don't care. Just as long as they make a new thread about it and not trash this one with info irelivant to the tank. Hell, if i see anyone else make a post the airforces it i'll even do the honors of making a new thread for it myself.

And yes, the f-15s were there, I am very sure of that (the reason why I say very sure is because I cannot give you any evidence to support myself there). As for the SU-30MKI, yhea i know about them beeing better than the russian SU-30s. What you are forgeting is that; the SU-30MKI is the equivelant of a russian SU-34, so the indian assets are not better than the russian ones in tech. oh and don't forget abuot the SU-37. By the way, weather you belive me about my statement on the planes or not, there's still that speech made by the pentagon which backs me up doesn't it.
AHG, fine, i'll just make a new thread about it later.

KEEP THIS DISCUSION OFF THIS THREAD FROM NOW ON.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Spets]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Tsk, tsk, tsk, now you want us to stay on topic? Ok fine, so tell me, has the T-90 ever seen any combat of any kind? How about tank vs. tank?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
From what I've read on it, the Black Eagle is supposed to be the best tank today. Just from what I've read.

Yes - usually by Russians or their affiliates. After all, there are only 2 things certain about that thing:

1. NOTHING substantial is kown about the design - as can be seen from the very vague specs one will find. Also there is a ridiculous amount of unfounded statements and assumptions about the tank floating around.

2.. It STILL is a prototype. And regardless of how good it is, it can´t be the "best" tank around as long as it doesn´t go into production - because only in production it will have its final features one could discuss about.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think that the Black Eagle would be a very formidable tank. I am in the US Army and obviously I will tell you it has no chance over an Abrams with the best trained soldiers in the world at the controls, but I hope that we never have to find out because that would be one helluv a war. So I will just say it looks like a very well designed tank.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

OK, i'm sorry to go off topic again. My friend, they can tell me all of their opinions on it, i don't care. Just as long as they make a new thread about it and not trash this one with info irelivant to the tank. Hell, if i see anyone else make a post the airforces it i'll even do the honors of making a new thread for it myself.

And yes, the f-15s were there, I am very sure of that (the reason why I say very sure is because I cannot give you any evidence to support myself there). As for the SU-30MKI, yhea i know about them beeing better than the russian SU-30s. What you are forgeting is that; the SU-30MKI is the equivelant of a russian SU-34, so the indian assets are not better than the russian ones in tech. oh and don't forget abuot the SU-37. By the way, weather you belive me about my statement on the planes or not, there's still that speech made by the pentagon which backs me up doesn't it.
AHG, fine, i'll just make a new thread about it later.

KEEP THIS DISCUSION OFF THIS THREAD FROM NOW ON.
[edit on 30-6-2006 by Spets]

Ok i dont know what you are talking about
I agreed with you on most points that you stated.

As for the Su-34, its not even in service till 2008, hence any comparisons to the Su-30MKI should be reseved till then. For the time being the most advanced Su in the world (in active service) is the MKI

As for the tank. I looked but nowehere did i find any concrete specs. And west also mentioned something to the same effect. So could really use the help of some of our russian members, who might know more about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
LtCol-d seemed like he knew a thing or 2 about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
From what I've read on it, the Black Eagle is supposed to be the best tank today. Just from what I've read.

Well, that's a good start, as nobody seems to have given us any details about it yet.

Can you tell us anything about it's armament, protection or mobility? Any new gadgets worth mentioning?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wembley

well guys i'm a russian guy who is joining army in america. i'm sure that t-195 is a fine tank, that is if it ever hits droduction
. i'll look up specs. for it

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
this tank will look just great cruising down the streets of former Soviet states getting showered in flowers from liberated civillians ...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Does this tank have a hatch on top.
if it does it is toast.
most of the new anti tank weapons today are top attack weapons.

Why?
if you have a hatch it has to be light enough to open.
this makes a soft spot for at weapons.

The other soft spot is the top of the engine compartment.
If you knock out the engine the tank is junk till someone comes to replace it.
that is if the fuel does not cook the crew.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join