It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information on Freemasons

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I spent countless hours studying freemasonry. If anyone has any questions post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeFathers
I spent countless hours studying freemasonry. If anyone has any questions post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

Oh goody! Thank you for the opportunity to ask these questions that I've been dying to know. Having spent (ahem) "countless hours" studying "THEM" you MUST know the answers to these questions, so here goes.

1. What degree MUST a Grand Master hold, with NO exception?

2. What is the fundamental difference between a Sovereign Grand Inspector General and an Inspector General-Honorary?

3. How many degrees (minimal) has a Royal Arch Mason received?

4. How many degrees (minimal) has a Mason of the Royal Order of Scotland received?

5. What is the color of the Cryptic Rite of Freemasonry and why?

6. What is the color of the Capitular Rite of Freemasonry and why?

7. Which Catholic Popes were confirmed Freemasons?

8. What is the title of the 96th Degree of Freemasonry?

9. In what year did the Rev. Billy Graham become a Freemason and what degree does he hold?

10. How many degrees do the Shriners confer within the Shrine Temple itself and what are the titles of these degrees?

11. How many Shriners must be present at the conferral of the Thirty-Third Degree?

12. How many Royal Arch Masons must be present at the conferral of the Knights Templar Degree?

13. Where are Knights of St. Andrew seated in a Council of Knights Kadosh?

14. What is the difference between a Master of the Royal Secret and a Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret?

15. How many Knights of Pythias are allowed in a Master Masons Lodge? How many in a Fellow Crafts Lodge?

This might be enough to get us started. I've always wanted to know these things.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Appak]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
ForeFathers,

I have observed several posters clearly stating on this forum that they see no historical background linking Freemasonry with anything remotely esoteric. I find that difficult to accept considering my own past experience but I would also like to mention that many Freemasons do see themselves very much involved in esoteric matters.

You say you have studied Freemasonry; shall I assume correctly that you are not a Freemason? What conclusion have you made regarding the general opinions of the Freemason posters here? Agree/disagree?

Peace.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So if you wanted to join the freemasons what would you do? Is it like a family thing? Just wondering. I don't know anything bout these people except that they're a secret group.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
who were the first freemasons? and why did it started?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm not a mason but I can give youmy opinions.

who to become a Mason? 2 be 1 ask1

Much of what was considered esoteric in the 17th century is today common knowledge.

when did they start? as I recall the earliest record dates to the mid 1660s. There are
many theories as to who and where The Masons come from but as far as I know nothing
definitive. I think they may have roots in the KT but there is nothing as yet to prove that .

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
But do the freemasons have a god then or are they atheists?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew14rp
But do the freemasons have a god then or are they atheists?

Yes, freemasons believe in God (in fact they have to), but not necessarily the same one as each other. I, for example, am a Christian.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak
Oh goody! Thank you for the opportunity to ask these questions that I've been dying to know. Having spent (ahem) "countless hours" studying "THEM" you MUST know the answers to these questions, so here goes.

I will try to answer these to the best of my ability. Though they were not directed at me, no one else has attempted to answer them yet, so, off we go. Bear in mind I am in the US.

1. 3° Master Mason.

2. A Sovereign Grand Inspector General is the presiding officer of the Supreme Council, 33° of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite. An Inspector General-Honorary is a Scottish Rite Mason who has had the 33° conferred upon him.

3. Seven.

4. It depends. Membership is by invitation only. The candidate must have been a Master Mason for at least 5 years. He should be a 32° S.R. Mason, in which case he would have had to have a minimum of 32 dergrees conferred upon him. The 32° requirement can be waived if he is a (Masonic) Knight Templar, in which case he would have had 13 degrees conferred upon him.

5. I don't know that there is an official "color" of any of the Masonic bodies. The body of the York Rite called the "Council" is sometimes referred to as "Cryptic" Masonry. Their symbol is usually purple in color. Not being a member of said body, I don't know their explanation for this, if one exists. Purple has traditionally been a signifier of royalty or high honors.

6. See above. They tend to be partial to red, though again not being a Royal Arch Mason (yet) I don't know the specifics of why.

7. None. Not one.

8. In the Rite of Memphis (which incidentaly is an irregular Masonic body; the only regular Masonic body with any connection to the Rite is the Grand College of Rites, and this seems to be merely for the preservation of the work.), the 96° is styled "Sublime Magus", or "Soveriegn Pontiff of Magi of the Sanctuary of Memphis".

9. The Rev. Billy Graham is not a Freemason, nor has he ever been.

10. There is only one ceremony. Once you have been initiated into the Shrine, you are a Shriner. There are no additional degrees.

11. No Shriners must be present, because the 33° is in no way associated with the Shrine. In the old days one had to be a 32° S.R. Mason to be admitted to the Shrine, but that requirement was dropped some time ago. There may be overlapping membership, but that is the extent of any connection.

12. I haven't had that particular degree cenferred upon me yet, so I must say that I don't know. I don't think anyone who is not a K.T. is in a position to know, though I suppose it is possible if a person is incredibly nosy.

13. See #12.

14. The difference is in name only. Both refer to the 32° of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite.

15. a. Only as many as are also Master Masons. b. Only as many as are also Fellowcraft Masons. No one is allowed in open lodge except those who are duly qualified, meaning they must be Freemasons. The Knights of Pythias are an completely different organization.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by Naphtalite]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i find it funny that people would listen to someone who is not a freemason whos spent countless hours studying "them".

but ignore the real freemasons on the board

people are funny.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForeFathers

How many Shriners does it take to change a lightbulb?

And is this number clearly defined in the Ancient Constitutions?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yin_yang
i find it funny that people would listen to someone who is not a freemason whos spent countless hours studying "them".
but ignore the real freemasons on the board
people are funny.

yin_yang,

I hope you do realize that my post was meant VERY tongue-in-cheek for that reason. Why would ANYONE rely on a non-Mason for accurate Masonic information? Not that some non-Masons aren't well versed, but they are few and far between. Sort of like asking a Baptist preacher (nothing againsts Baptists..no flames please) for in-depth info on Roman Catholic theology. Why not ask a Priest, huh?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
sorry,

its just been a rough place for masons here on this board for quite some time now...and its hard not letting it get to you all the time. i realize your post was a light hearted jab, now, but at the time w/ so many posts on the front page TRULLY insulting masons, i hope you'll understand why i lumped it w/ the rest of them.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by yin_yang]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak
I hope you do realize that my post was meant VERY tongue-in-cheek for that reason. Why would ANYONE rely on a non-Mason for accurate Masonic information? Not that some non-Masons aren't well versed, but they are few and far between. Sort of like asking a Baptist preacher (nothing againsts Baptists..no flames please) for in-depth info on Roman Catholic theology. Why not ask a Priest, huh?

Hehe. Woops...

Well I was just trying to be helpful...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
ForeFathers,

Hopefully we did not chase you away before you could teach us about esomatosis, Grey's and Bahomet. < I'm kidding.>

It will be good to hear back from you whenever you're free.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Yeah, I think it's great than an (assumed) non-mason would go to such trouble to learn all about the fraternity. I'm sure it's all from a fine source...

Naughty Appak.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
ForeFathers, I'd like to know to what extent you've studied? What did you study? What interested you, and led to this study? What intent, if any, did you have?

I'm not mocking you - I'm genuinely curious.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
well i do believe that this thread would be the best to start watchin as it appears that no one is bickering.... it becomes clouded (the information) when there are so many retaliatory posts going back and forth and i am highly interested in freemasonry and wish to learn more before i look into joining or whatever so bear with me if i happen to ask what seem to be stupid questions and keep in mind that in truth there are no stupid questions only ignorant ones based in the lack of knowledge

He who controls the past controls the future, he who controls the present controls the past

Verum Mos Victum Totus

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I've got a masonic question for the original poster.

Where the hell'd you go?

Ok that wasn't masonic.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by junebugmedic
well i do believe that this thread would be the best to start watchin as it appears that no one is bickering.... it becomes clouded (the information) when there are so many retaliatory posts going back and forth and i am highly interested in freemasonry and wish to learn more before i look into joining or whatever so bear with me if i happen to ask what seem to be stupid questions and keep in mind that in truth there are no stupid questions only ignorant ones based in the lack of knowledge

He who controls the past controls the future, he who controls the present controls the past

Verum Mos Victum Totus

if you want real info about masonry, this is the wrong place for you. you should check out a masonic message board, free of the flaming and lies about us. staying here, all youll walk away with is the idea that masons have caused every world war, eat babies, rape women and children, and ((insert atrocity here)).

[edit on 23-6-2006 by yin_yang]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join