It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build your own UFO detector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I came across this object and thought some on ATS might find it interesting.

WHAT IT DOES
Many UFO’s are known to cause magnetic and electromagnetic anomalies during their sightings. Anomalies that include magnetic compasses spinning wildlyor acting erratically, radio static and automobile engine failure and stalling.

The UFO detector continually monitors it’s surrounding area for any magnetic and electromagnetic anomalies. When the UFO Detector senses an anomalie it signals by flashing a LED and beeping. Once triggered the UFO Detector will continue to signal until it is reset

HOW IT FUNCTIONS

The UFO Detector uses a state of the art Microcomputer interfaced to four Hall magnetic flux sensors to monitor any magnetic and electromagnetic anomalies against the Earth’s natural magnetic field.

The anomalies effects of UFOs on eletrical equipment seem to be reported in many cases so who knows. Might be a interesting electronics kits to build in your spare time.
www.imagesco.com...

BTW check out their Roswell UFO model
Very interesting design not the classic saucer shape, looks alot more like a modern real life UAV

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You dont wanna buy it from the site tho. Too expensive. Make your own.

You can make the same with about 15 bucks worth of electronics from radio-shack.

Here are some sites on how to make one from scratch.

John Keel's UFO Detector

www.shellac.org...

I might make one just for scientific curiosity and to see what it does. I think you can use them for detecting ghosts too, supposedly.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
A cool thanks for the INFO Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

A much more economic approach for anyone that wants to try this. I bet you could make that almost at no cost if you scavaged around the normal house.

I never really knew people tried this approach before that kit was the first I seen on this.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Its a pretty well-known thing in ufology, though most serious investigators don't really use them. Mainly because so many other things can screw with magnetic fields.

I know there are old posts on here from when I joined that had member tips on building a ufo detector. It would actually be very interesting to make, though, if nothing else, for amateur scientific curiosity.

If i ever get around to building one, Ill post the pics and results on ats tho.

You ought to do the same!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this document explaining how to make a ufo
Mike Miners Hungry: Cars From Stars

What do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowXIX

Thanks, that's very interesting! I wouldn't have the technical savvy to build one myself, but I'd love to know if anyone here has ...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Im fairly certain that if such devices were actualy tuned to ONLY respond to UFO rather than say localised abnormalities in the mangetic structure of the earth, or increased levels of related solar interferance, then they would be a good idea. However, I dont believe for a moment that such a device exists , as can differentiate between the different forms of flux that can occur in the magnetic field of our earth, and were such a device to be in existance, that no one but proper physicists could put one together, or be able to calibrate one. Your average dude is not going to have the skills base to scratch build a truely decent detector, hell , most of us couldnt even operate a sufficiently accurate machine, simply because there are to many inputs required in order to ensure no false alarms and so on. What would be truely fantastic of course, is a machine which tracks objects by thier magnetic signature, and creates, instantly a 3d representation of the object, its speed , altitude, and course, and connects to google maps for tracking purposes.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
What would be truely fantastic of course, is a machine which tracks objects by thier magnetic signature, and creates, instantly a 3d representation of the object, its speed , altitude, and course, and connects to google maps for tracking purposes.

Well, that would be quite something! I doubt one could scavenge around the house to build something like that.

Also, probably not a good idea, as far as national security goes ...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Snow.In.Summer

Now see, heres where a problem comes up... I dont much care for national security. If the security service was up to scratch , you could broadcast instructional videos on assasinating the leaders of the developed world, and STILL no one would try it. As it is, they rely on dumb luck, and are pretty awful at what they are suposed to be doing, if thier reliance on airport scanners and idiot bombers (like the times square guy ) to avoid casualty heavy incidents is any indication of thier skills.
So in short, stuff national security, UFOs are more important ! Thats PLANETARY security , and thats EVERYONES problem!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

See now, I have to disagree. I do think the intelligence services are doing their best as far as national security goes. It's a very difficult job.

Planetary security! That made me smile. That opens up a whole new can of worms, as far as the intentions of extraterrestrials goes. I'm not really in agreement with Stephen Hawking's recent warnings ...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It sounds pretty simple to make,

If I had a door bell or a buzzer laying around I would make one

new topics

top topics

join