It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

about time I'd say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was looking at newmax.com today and Oklahoma became the next state in line to pass the death penalty for pedophiles. I think it's about time that something was done to them for harming children. After all a child has only their innocence and if some pervert takes that away, they are harmed for the rest of their lives. ANy one have any counter argument and if you do please show me how one of these sickos can be treated with certainty.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm against the death penalty, so I guess you could call that a counter argument.

Unfortunately, life in prison is the only proper 'treatment' for most of these people. And life in prison for a pedophile is probably a fate worse than death. They aren't the most well-liked people in there. They're the lowest on the totem pole.

I'm one that thinks the prison and legal system needs an overhaul. I think we should use the prisons for murderers and pedophiles and serious criminals and stop filling them with people who use drugs.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My friend the benevolent heretic,
I have to agree that the prisons do indeed need an overhaul. I also agree that they should be used for the worst and the most vile. Not for drug users and alcoholics.
In this state pedophiles are put into protective custody. I think they ought to put them into general population if they can't execute them and let them fend for themselves. But you are right in that the prison system is in need of a major overhaul. Good point on the misuse of the system.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yeah pedophiles should be severely punished. So should all sex offenders.

I don't really know if I'm allowed to ask this but lilwolf have you been here before under a different name? I have a good idea what it was but I'm probably not allowed to say. Sorry if I'm wrong. Either way welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Proud Canadian,
No sir, never been on this forum before a week or so back. I stumbled onto this and was really thrilled. But in answer to your question I have never been a member to my knowledge.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Oh ok your name just sounded similar to another guy who got banned a while back and you were registered just recently...

This is an awsome forum, for sure the best discussion forum on the internet. I'm hooked. Have lots of fun here.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Doesn't this mean that a pedophile is better off killing the kid after abusing them???

I mean, most states don't make kidnapping a death penalty crime because they want to avoid that.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I guess that's a good point Nygdan.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by ProudCanadian]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think all sex offenders should be evaluated on a case by case basis. There are guys and women here in Idaho that are doing 25 years or more for fooling around with a person 17 1/2 years old. I would never want to see a child killed by one of the sickos - but putting them away for life is a tax burden to every one. I also would like to see them done away with. In my opinion you can't treat a wild animal or the like in a way that is acceptable. Just get rid of them would be the answer. But all in all the cases should be looked at one at a time. Sometimes an 18 year old boy has a 17 year old girl and if the parents hollwer enough he's gone. I don't think that is right. But id=f a child under 12 is messed with just do them away. It'll probably never get that far but at least maybe it sends a message that this is not acceptable to the norm of the public. Something has to be done. But again what can be done. We have a prison system that is antiquated and really does need a major overhaul. Sometimes it appears that we are beating our heads on a wall.:bnghd:

top topics

join