It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror suspects arrested in Toronto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Where are the photos of the suspects?

www.cbc.ca...

Five other suspects are under the age of 18

Five kids are suspects?

Yasim Abdi Mohamed
Kingston, Ont.
Born in Somalia. Immigrated to Canada with his family at the age of seven.

Since the age of seven?? Since 1986??
What is going on here??

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Guy Fawkes what do you mean about "since the age of seven"
I don't believe this means he was a suspect since the age of seven, just that he emmigrated here from Somalia at age seven.

I would think that these "kids" probabaly range in age from 14 to 18 and not less, this is not to say that this is not a sad situation, but we can blame the preaching Imams for their extremist rhetoric to these kids.

whether they choose to participate is up to them, most kids at this age know the difference betwen right and wrong, and if they are guilty I have not one bit of sympathy for any of them. They certainly can't spout off about not being integrated and poor, because so far the majority of the adults charged certainly have nice homes in nice neighborhoods and good post-secondary education.

www.canada.com...

Even certain people in their own community knew they were being watched.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What saddens me is the usual crowd that is talking about alleged US massacres in Iraq and the I hate America people are not saying. "Whooo Hoooo, a possible massacre in Canada averted." This silence speaks loud.

I will say these are alleged charges not proven yet, but if true are a great nab from bad incidents that could have happened to many innocent people. I will wait and see from the legal system to get to the truth, and not pass judgement without all the facts yet in.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1149285034044&call_pageid=976163513378&col=96904886 3474

In 2004 (Paul Martin), the CSIS were monitoring the guy. This debunks the whole "Stephen Harper is a big fraud". They were tracking these guys for two years.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The ammonium nitrate was a dupe. Part of the sting operation.

Considered in the past that our prime ministers choked protesters and pied people in the face, and the PM doesn't have it's own black suits ready to take a bullet, I'm glad that these guys were caught.

My question for CTs is...if Harper really wanted to strike fear to the hearts of Canadians, why not let them go on with the plan instead of catching them?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I thought I'd keep this here, and have it remain in the Subject of these 17 rather than start another thread. It's going to go on for 3 or 4 years, so we might as well fill this Topic with everything associated to the Toronto 17

We are now seeing, the Legal System in Canada, bending over and affording Terror Suspects BAIL, while awaiting Trial.

Today, the First Adult, of these 17, has been granted Bail. Last week, we set free one of the Young Offenders as well.

www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1153389189447&call_pageid=968332188492&col=96879397 2154&t=TS_Home

First adult terror accused gets bail
Charged with being part of terror plot

Jul. 20, 2006. 03:51 PM
SAN GREWAL
STAFF REPORTER

BRAMPTON - The second of 17 suspects in an alleged terror plot was granted bail this morning at a Brampton courthouse. Ahmad Ghany, 21, is the first adult accused to be released.

Nice to see the Canadian Courts bowing to the Lowest Common Denominator, and standing ALONE IN THE WORLD, when dealing with Alledged Terrorists. (Excuse me, but I maybe wrong. In Gaza and the West Bank, Terror Suspects are treated with considerations like this
).

And these conditions are quite severe.

under the following conditions:

:-Ghany can have no contact, either directly or indirectly, with any of the other co-accused in the case.

:-A $140,000 in total sureties - $100,000 from Ghany's parents and $20,000 each from two other sureties.

:-Ghany will be living with his parents. He may not leave the house unaccompanied by one of his four sureties, unless he is going to school or work, has a medical emergency, is going to court or to meet with his lawyer. In any of those five special cases, he may travel alone.

:-He also has to report every Monday to police.

:-He is not allowed to leave Ontario, and is not allowed to possess firearms, weapons or ammunition.

:-He has to hand over all of his travel documents, including his passport, and
cannot apply for any new travel documents.

This will certainly be a deterant!! None of these are verifiable, other than Signing In with Police each Monday. And if this was all he kept while on Bail, nothing would be said about the "Other" restrictions.

Just thought we should know, what was happening with these people. Same old thing. Set the Perp Free. The Canadian Way.

To bad the MJTF Police did not aquire them in the Initial Raids. They could all be sitting nicely and safely in Gitmo, until the War on Terror is won. How many decades that may take.

Ciao

Shane

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join