It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror suspects arrested in Toronto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Apparently police have seized a dozen suspects in Toronto this evening with suspected terrorist intentions. The reports are vague, but they claim to have found videotapes taken of the CN tower and the Toronto subway systems, among other suspicious activities. More is to follow in the morning with a news conference.

sympaticomsn.ctv.ca...

Wonder if this is the planning of a whole new round of attacks...Toronto is the main hub of our country and less than 6 hours away from New York. Canada has started taking a more proactive role in the war on terrorism since Harper was elected into office. The investigation leading to the arrests apparently took place over the last 2 years, so there must be substantial evidence piled up against these individuals. Can't wait to see what they say in the morning.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This was what the Morning Papers are noting.

It was suggested to have occured, during Traffic Reports last evening, in the Mississuaga/Brampton, area which is a stone throw from Pearson Int'l Airport (Toronto Airport YYZ).

www.cbc.ca...

The RCMP said they "have arrested a number of individuals who were planning to commit a series of terror attacks against targets here in southern Ontario."......

The charges are related to an explosives plot in Ontario.......

Officials said three tonnes of ammonium nitrate was found and they confirmed that the group attended a terrorism training camp

That is quite a large amount of Explosive Materials.

And the sad thing is, there are hundreds of like mind, in this area alone.

Hopefully, measures can be taken to round them all up, for the sake of Public Safety.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I live VERY close to the station where they are being held.
Helicopters circling over head!
Thats alot of fertilizer...3 tons

Sled

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
3 tons of ammonia nitrate found in Toronto 12 charged
I posted it already

Edit~~ sorry I just looked at the time and not the date.

[edit on 3/6/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah 3 tons of nitrate is alot. Only one ton was used in the Oaklohoma City bombing.

I live in MIssissauga, right opposite one of our biggest Shopping Malls.(Square One).

There is no new info as yet.

Sauron, checked out your thread on this, why and how you can blame Harper is beyond me. I believe the men charged, if found guilty will be responsible for this.

Maybe you are not aware that there is and have been terrorists cells in this Country long before Harper was on the scene.

And lest you forget, it was the Liberal Government who sent our troops to Afghanistan, regardless of the situtation now.

Wanted to add this link, it gives the names of the charged except for the youths that were charged.

www.torontosun.com...

[edit on 3-6-2006 by alphacenturi]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I work in Toronto everyday and live near by. Apperently they caught 17 people charged 12 males and have 4 young offenders. I m watching cp24 right now they have some canadian terrorism expert. Of the 11 country listed by the taliban only Italy and Canada have yet to be hit.
Time for a evac plan out of TO if the &*%$ goes down.
Canada! after the Stanley Cup we better start thinking about this....
(just being realistic!)
Peace

[edit on 3-6-2006 by SpinDropSmile]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Scarborough... come for a visit, nice place. Lots and lots of nervous neighbours... I was just out fo my walk this morning... you can "feel" it when you walk up to Glamorgan Park... not the usual "hood" stares either... more like what's a middle aged white guy doin' walkin' alone in this neighbourhood... normally it's smiles and hellos... I've lived here since '89. Tension is up, I hope for a cool summer. Times have changed and Toronto is an international city immune from nothing and we should unfortunately expect more of this sort of activity.

Victor K.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I live in toronto... and all of this doesn't make sense. If they are upset with the way muslims are being treated, why don't they move back to their country and take their aggression out there?

They come to OUR country looking for a better life, etc., yet they want to sh*t on their own doorstep, it makes no sense at all.

Unfortunately, this terror cell gives muslims all over canada a bad rep..... way to go, morons. I hope they rot in jail (im not muslim btw, just stating a fact).

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Man am I glad to see these guys get busted before they were able to pull anything off.
This could have been a huge disaster, three tons would make a huge bomb.

That Canada, a peaceful country that threatens no-one, would be targeted, just goes to show how nutty these fanatical Islamists are.

Bravo and well done to the RCMP!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
www.canada.com...

The suspects are said to be Canadian born-&-raised. That's the scariest part of it all. Protecting yourself against "foreigners" is one thing; but having to protect yourself against elements of your own people is a whole new ballgame.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but should'nt the authorities starts cracking down on those who spread those radical Muslim ideas? Those radicals aim to manipulate those young teenage guys. If we can restrain tobacco or alcohol companies from selling to teens, I can't see how we could'nt come up with a strict legislation that would prevent that type of harvesting of terrorist youth.

DSO

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This dosent suprise me one bit. Canada is a major target for terrorists, and we are apparently next on their list. Our nation is not prepared for the psycological impact of a teror attack becasue we are so peaceful. Some day soon we will be hit, and we must be preapred for the after effects of it on our nation.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nice to see fellow Canadians posting here.

But I think if you where to consider Canada as out of the realm of Target Countries, I think you have lived under a cloud of Liberal Leftist Spin for the Last thrity years.

We are not immune, nor are we anything 'special' that sets us aside of countries like the U.K. and U.S. which have had their own internal problems due to HOMEGROWN terrorists.

Last week, Monday or Tuesday, the Talk Radio Chat in Toronto revolved around this matter in Specific.

'How do we infringe on civil liberties and such, to inflitrate Mosques and Temples to find that terrorit entity". blahh blahh blahh

And Friday, we found some, and yes, thank goodness.

How? That will be interesting to see, but at least it's something.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I know if can put this but its happens on the east coast and I know its happen where I lived
on the west coast my place where I lived is watch by c.s.i.s and r.c.m.p and others like f.b.i n.s.a c.i.a etc I am helping them and same with my land lord and others its cool and watch them on cctv moniter everyday they come her property where I lived and pay rent also help them too any way I can its some thing as canadian person also have ear thing so can let them know who they are etc I hope get off welfare when its over and like cloak and dagger thing also a media black out of any kind intill its over from a court order sign by c.s.i.s etc local police and f.b.i etc and PM ,united nations etc on c-36 bill in canada and check people coming on my land lord property everyday and night and follow them where they hide etc also I got protected court order and same with my landlord and non-renters and ex renters who are not involed with this can tell much here and I know who come over etc and make threats towards her renters etc also a vouliteer caretaker so I know who comes over on her property etc will let you know what goes on
here its no joke and it will be big new ever and that all can say about it and its cool to help them anyway bye for now also know there anti-terrorist units and E.R.T etc watching this place if need
THERE MEDIA BLACK OUT OF ANY KIND WITH COURT ORDER SIGN
terrorist do not trend on me on canada soil
keep your guard up all times
of C.S.I.S, R.C.M.P ,Local Police
Joint Task Force Two, F.B.I
N.S.A,C.I.A, Millitary and other countrys involed too
fighting war on terrorism

[edit on 5-6-2006 by bartgirl]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have a question about this, What did Canada ever do to invoke an attack? It doesnt make any sence to me. Was this "Planned Attack" to get Canada involved with the "War on Terror"? It must be, as I see no other reason for this.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That Canada, a peaceful country that threatens no-one, would be targeted, just goes to show how nutty these fanatical Islamists are.

Except their comrades in arm in Afghanistan. We've been doing a lot of Combat over there recently. Though if these guys are truely Al Q. Why would they want to get our country all riled up? It's not a good idea you know... the frigid temperatures up here forge some extremely rough and tough soldiers...

What did Canada ever do to invoke an attack?

Afghanistan, Capitolism, Secularism, Conservative Government(under both teh Lieberals and CONservatives), Rejecting Sharia Law, Relasionship with USA, Security Certificateded Detainees(Our own Gitmo), etc. Take your pick.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
sardion, thoes are great reasons indeed....Thanks for refreshing my "selective memory"..hehe. Involvement of Canadian Troops in Afghanistan is a Huge reason indeed. Also all of the other reasons are very valid as well. But if this attack was carried out, wouldnt that allighn the Canadian gov even more with the US? Due to the fear/anger that would spread over the people of Canada?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidvisions
sardion, thoes are great reasons indeed....Thanks for refreshing my "selective memory"..hehe. Involvement of Canadian Troops in Afghanistan is a Huge reason indeed. Also all of the other reasons are very valid as well. But if this attack was carried out, wouldnt that allighn the Canadian gov even more with the US? Due to the fear/anger that would spread over the people of Canada?

It would make us feel much more involved yes. Right now with the deaths happening in Afghanistan(our troops deaths that is) people are starting to question just what that war is all about and for anyway. If an attack happened it could make us more militaristic for a short time(we'll likely get really pissed and start go blowing crap up, we have a fair share of Testosterone ridden Alpha males). On the other hand, it could harden peoples resolve against this whole "War on Terrorism" it's really hard to tell. One of the primary factors is how Ontarians react as like it or not, between us and quebec, we control the political scene the majority of the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Okay okay okay....
I live in a densly populated muslum area,
Brampton. Anyone who lives in the GTA
know's what im talking about....
But when i heard it was not a surprize,
None of my buddy's were surprized.
Im not sure if anybody feel's it...
But this year seem's like were going to see alot of poo happen.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
I live in toronto... and all of this doesn't make sense. If they are upset with the way muslims are being treated, why don't they move back to their country and take their aggression out there?

They come to OUR country looking for a better life, etc., yet they want to sh*t on their own doorstep, it makes no sense at all.

Unfortunately, this terror cell gives muslims all over canada a bad rep..... way to go, morons. I hope they rot in jail (im not muslim btw, just stating a fact).

Their religion commands them to convert non-believers, by force if necessary and kill those that will not submit.

These are people that tread kindness and weakness; there is no making peace with them.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luis Tiant

Originally posted by porky1981

Their religion commands them to convert non-believers, by force if necessary and kill those that will not submit.

These are people that tread kindness and weakness; there is no making peace with them.

Actually it's the interpretation of the Koran that commands them to do the things that they do. The Religion itself is not responsible, the buck stops at the individual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join