It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Rain May Contain Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
And so this is how life goes from planet to planet, in a cloud of red dust and rain:

Mysterious Red Cells Might Be Aliens

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

If his theory proves correct, the cells would be the first confirmed evidence of alien life and, as such, could yield tantalizing new clues to the origins of life on Earth.

Wow, cool find, even if its just bacteria, its still alien!.
Cool find.....

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
nice find, dont know if i believe its alien but hey you never know

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nice find....?

Good story but I'm afraid this is a duplicate post though....Ironically I was the first to post about this months ago when the story was still new.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
Nice find....?

Good story but I'm afraid this is a duplicate post though....Ironically I was the first to post about this months ago when the story was still new.

Hey, stop raining on my parade! Did your story have the results of these tests that showed the red particles replicating?

Now I'm depressed.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is interesting. As I posted in the other thread, a Grad student from that part of India told me that this has happened many years ago as well. That's just heresay, of course. I think the folks calling the sky bloom red sand have some 'splainin to do.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
maybe it's just some kind of weird mutation

who knows??? really strange
are there any other cases known?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I decided to do some reading on this and stumbled across this:

iangoddard.net...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That red fungus growing from the spores kind of looks like that disease people are getting where fibers are growing out of their open sores. Morgellon's Disease, is it? Alien infections?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I bet this means that the cells will evolve into a lifeform and soon take over the world......or not

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They may not be from space, they could be a new microbe that was sucked up from the water during perhaps a waterspout or windstorm. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just to inform you guys, this finding is beeing discussed in another thread:

Is It Raining Aliens?

Vaak

[edit on 2/6/06 by Vaak]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
RedRain has been reported since 19 century and some say even before that. I don't know if is a comon link to the red color but from what I've read, sometimes the red was caused by the cosmic dust and meteoric dust. Here are some links:

Actual Rains of Blood

Tennessee "Flesh and Blood Fall" of 1841

Massive Red Rainshowers:Ehrenburg and Darwin

Red Rain Scientific Analysis

Of "Blood" and Butterflies

Bloodworm Showers?

Rotifers Keep Falling on My Head

Charles Fort and Blood Showers

Red Rain and the Little People

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Telos]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
"Specifically, Louis has isolated strange, thick-walled, red-tinted cell-like structures about 10 microns in size. Stranger still, dozens of his experiments suggest that the particles may lack DNA yet still reproduce plentifully, even in water superheated to nearly 600 degrees Fahrenheit." (The known upper limit for life in water is about 250 degrees Fahrenheit)

What's really strange about this is the cell like structures can reproduce under extreme conditions yet don't contain DNA like all other cells on Earth...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Gah... I just saw this on Fark.com.
Was going to post it untill I saw someone already had. >_<

Anywho, its a rather good find to know whats actually in the red rain.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
"Louis and Wickramasinghe are planning further experiments to test the cells for specific carbon isotopes. If the results fall outside the norms for life on Earth, it would be powerful new evidence for Louis's idea, of which even Louis himself remains skeptical."

any word in regards to the result? or are they still testing for this?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
say that the results that this is some form of "alien phenomena", dont you think the government would immediatly put a hush-hush on it? Cells with no DNA reproducing.....in extreme conditions no less?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I doubt the governement would even care about this, it's nothing that would make them look weak or stupid, well, more-so.

Still, I find this really interesting, as a witness of weird coloured rain, I would like to think that the black rain that I got soaked with had wee aliens in it, alas, it probably only had something that buggered my lungs up.

top topics

join