It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastors to Become Secret Police Enforcers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Prison Planet is notoriously biased. So why do you all take what it says as fact so blindly? Why not try and find a source that has a different viewpoint and come to your own conclusions about this?

that's what i was thinking...

i wonder if there are any "independent" sources that are reporting this...

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Prison Planet is notoriously biased. So why do you all take what it says as fact so blindly? Why not try and find a source that has a different viewpoint and come to your own conclusions about this?
Because, biased as they are, everything they report is the TRUTH.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As time goes on and we tiptoe closer and closer to the cliff's edge, there are going to be fewer and fewer news sources that will be reporting the stories that the government doesn't want us to hear.

Like it or not, Prison Planet, Infowars, WhatReallyHappened, truthout and the likes very well may be the only kinds of places our news comes from in the future. Sure we shouldn't trust them 100%, but while CNN and MSNBC are telling us about Immigration, the Good News from Iraq and American Idol (sorry, dg) we may have to open our minds as to what constitutes a valid news source.

This story is not going to be on CNN.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
As time goes on and we tiptoe closer and closer to the cliff's edge, there are going to be fewer and fewer news sources that will be reporting the stories that the government doesn't want us to hear.

Well said. That is where our faith will come in for the news. I have seen a lot of things from Prison Planet end up being true, maybe 60%. Thing is, the "mainstream" news did not cover these same issues with the same amount of veracity. It's a 30-second clip of this, 30-second clip of that, and if it's really sensation, we hear about it on 60 Minutes.

I also go with my gut instinct on things like this, and this one rings true. Didn't Stephen Colbert say, "ya gotta go from the gut, right sir?" Enter nodding Bush.

This whole thing makes me go

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And, although I suspect there's some truth to this story... I'm taking into account all the other stories that we've been reading here on ATS in the past year.

Yes, I suspect there is some truth in it too. Of course, in my opinion, it ends after this section...

In March of this year the Pastor... was invited to attend a meeting of his local FEMA chapter...

In my opinion you shouldn't believe that something is real simply on the basis that there is some truth to it. At that point you may as well believe that Pecos Bill was a real guy!

And because there have been other similar stories on ATS that means that this one must have some credibility? There have been hundreds of people on ATS saying that "the world is gonna end tomorrow," but has it? Are they credible? Or are you allowed to pick your credibility on how many topics about something there are? In that case, none of this matters, as our alien overlords will be here soon enough.

Where do you draw the line?

But just because a source is biased, doesn't mean it's wrong. And it certainly doesn't mean it's right.

So... Then why did you present this as factual? After all, you said the whole thing is based off of this Pastor's "particularly bad feeling about this news."

I do know that some denominations are very supportive of this government and some are really not.

That is a very biased and unfactual statement. What denominations as a whole have claimed support or opposition to the current administration? People of certain denominations may have claimed some sort of support or opposition, but they could certainly not speak for the group as a whole.

Originally posted by dgtempe
Because, biased as they are, everything they report is the TRUTH.

Everything? So, if the source was to report that the sky was actually green and there was an Illuminati conspiracy to make it appear blue, would it be truth?

Honestly, I think that the Pastor in question is nuts. Why hasn't anyone else come forward about this? If it's to be a national thing, then they would be speaking about it to Pastors around the nation... And only one has come forward? Odd, that is...

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yes, I suspect there is some truth in it too. Of course, in my opinion, it ends after this section...

In March of this year the Pastor... was invited to attend a meeting of his local FEMA chapter...

I'm sorry, I don't get it. What is wrong with that? What am I missing?

In my opinion you shouldn't believe that something is real simply on the basis that there is some truth to it.

Well, I'm not sure of the specific difference between something being 'real' and something having 'some truth'. Specifically, I believe that there probably is a government-funded program that targets church leaders to manage their congregations WHEN AND IF (like I said in the story) Martial Law is invoked. I also believe that 'faith-based initiatives' have something to do with it.

I don't know if that means that I believe the story is 'real' or not. But I do believe it contains some truth.

And because there have been other similar stories on ATS that means that this one must have some credibility?

Not necessarily. But in looking at the NSA story, the 9/11 truth movement stories, Hayden, Rove, DeLay... The corruption in our government leads me to believe that stories like the Prison Planet story could very well be true.

I didn't imply that I believe everything I read on ATS. I don't. And where I draw the line is where everyone does. It's a personal thing. I draw the line when things seem credible, believable to me. Don't we all?

So... Then why did you present this as factual? After all, you said the whole thing is based off of this Pastor's "particularly bad feeling about this news."

Misunderstanding. I should have put 'this' in italics, because I meant myself:
You can believe this story or not and you can argue about the sources and whether the government’s intent is true, but this American has a particularly bad feeling about this news.

I was speaking of me. I have a particularly bad feeling about this.

People of certain denominations may have claimed some sort of support or opposition, but they could certainly not speak for the group as a whole.

You're right, I did generalize.

And only one has come forward? Odd, that is...

The story says several other pastors confirmed, but if you don't believe the story, then you probably don't believe that.

Again, I'm not claiming that this story is 100% fact. It was downgraded from ATSNN because of the source, even though there are 2 stories just last month using Prison Planet as their source (One didn't even have a 2nd source). Obviously many people find this particular story unbelievable. I'm not asking anyone to believe it. But I've seen a hell of a lot more unbelievable stuff on ATS and ATSNN and I can't really figure out why this particular story is so offensive. Is it me?

I just want to put it out there for people to consider. We "live in interesting times"...

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This may be a bit late, as I've been away most of the day, but I like to network whenever possible on this site. It is my pleasure to supply this link at the request of BH.

Jesus linked to 9/11

I do have to add, after reading through the rest of the thread, the pastor of the church I attend made a point just this past month of stating that good Christians follow the laws of the country they live in. I don't remember exactly, but he may have even referenced Romans 13 when he said it. He usually quotes or refers to scripture to back up his statements.

He is well connected in the church hierarchy and was out of town for several meetings, some even said to be in Washington DC, earlier this year.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
As an atheist, I find this plan highly amusing. Religious mouthpieces will be the last people I listen to in a crisis.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I am very integrated into a very large church in the Chicago area and have heard nothing of this (I would have). Second, no pastor worth their weight in dirt would accept what is claimed in the article. We are called to rebel against the government if the government rules against God's law. What's more, every anointed pastor I have ever met and gotten to know would not only reject what it is claimed FEMA requested, but would go public and teach on it to their congregations to prevent any of their flock from buying into such lies in the future.

This article reeks of fallacy, and I believe this "pastor" has alterior motives, if, indeed, he is a pastor.

What did Christ warn us of?? He warned us about wolves in sheeps clothing sneaking into the flock unaware. Junglejake, you have to see this and subscribe to the fact that it would happen...in fact the churches have been infiltrated for sometime. Sad, but true

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   

The FEMA directors told the Pastors that attended that it was their job to help implement FEMA and Homeland Security directives

Ummmm, no. That is not what the Pastors jobs are, and many of them are waking up to that fact, and the fact that they have been manuipulated by this government.

Armageddon for the Religious Right?

FEMA could find it a bit tougher to pull it off than they anticipated.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Of all these, I think we need to prepare for Bird Flu as the most serious threat

Forgive me if this changes the thread topic for just this short post, but please don't fall for the bird flu scare tactic that is being used.

The powers that be just want everyone to demand access to Tamiflu, which is being touted as the only drug to work against this flu. The effectiveness of this drug is questionable at best.

Now why would they do that, you ask???? Well....

Rumsfeld Holds Major Portions of Stock in Tamiflu

Maybe they want more money.

-

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Some of my cousins are Jehovah's Witnesses (they're scary, I've been trying to wake them up for years, but they take being closed minded to another level). I do know that Jehovah's Witnesses claim total neutrality to any and all government. While they do not publicly condemn a administration or country, behind closed doors they speak nothing but the evils of all government on earth. In no way would any of the members obey the government in the manner stated in this thread. During Vietnam they went to prison instead of being drafted. During WWII they refused to go to war and would not do any work that furthered the war effort, even something as simple as sewing GI's uniforms.

I'm not one to be overly paranoid, but there seems to be so many things on the radar so to speak, it makes me nauseous at times.

Bird flu, possible war with Iran, Iran opening it's own oil bourse, the USD falling, the stock market falling, the government spying on us, militarizing the border, I'm sure I'm missing about a hundred other things. It seems like there is just to many things happening, it's like a big pressure cooker about ready to blow its top.

Iran is opening its own oil bourse and only accepting payment in Euros (should be opening in the next few weeks). This is probably one of the biggest threats America faces, if this happens the dollar will plunge like a lead brick. We will have hyper-inflation. I can't even imagine what this country will be like. This is one of the reasons I believe war with Iran is imminent. Ok enough ranting for me, sorry people, I try not to lets this s*** get to me but it does.

Link to article on Iran's oil bourse

Link to facts about JW's

[edit on 25-5-2006 by redbrotherqing]

[edit on 25-5-2006 by redbrotherqing]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Before I begin on this explaination remember..government pays for our educations..most of us ...and they put in the cirriculum what they want us to know. Conversely they omit what they dont want us to know.

One thing most people do not know about most Churchs in America is that they are filed under the government registers as 501c corporations and have tax numbers. They are a corporation under government tax exempt status. This is not seperation of Church and State..this is Church and State working together for a benifit. The catch is that the Churchs can have the tune changed on them by the government at any time they need the conditions changed or risk audit of their status. IN this case it is FEMA necessities or Homeland Security...or both.

Churchs are supposed to be tax immune....not tax exempt. This is a concept you do not hear taught in public schools..for good reason ..we are never to have the ability to think this far.

It is a simple violation of seperation of church and state for members of a church to deduct their tithing or any giving to a church on thier taxes. This is a tax support or price support for a church ..by government ..this is not seperation of church and state. Both the Chruchs and government are in on this fraud.

Furthermore ..the Churchs have always supposedly been Sanctuary for people in times of difficulty...even against government. It does not bode well long term for people to realize that Churchs are now government corporations of the state.

Churchs have become licensing agents for the state...Marriages and births/deaths used to be recorded only in church documents and family bibles. ..not for the purposes of state accounting. Many of us no longer know this history since being subject to public education.
Now days much of this information will be available to the state and cross checked with information garnered from public school records and what they can pump out of our children for anything more.

The concerns of many of you about your churchs are justified..but most of you do not know of the Church/Government connection through the 501c corporate status. This is a status most churchs apply for themselves in order to get the tax exempt benifit. REally dumb of them. Many churchs themselves do not know that there is another way...Tax immunity. This is not taught to them either. Very few churchs in America do not have this 501c status. I know a few...but not many.

This 501c status is how the government leans or coerces the churchs to do their bidding. Obey, face audit, or loose your tax exempt status. You people need to know this about government and the churchs in America.

The concerns of many of you about NWO issues is justified. I believe what most of you are concerned about is that this policy will be instituted and then later down the road and under a different administration this new power will be abused...and misused. You are justified in this thinking too considering the historical track records of Governments...not just ours but in other countrys too.

Just some information for some of you to consider.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Prison Planet ISNT the most reliable source of info. They do however post stuff that is true. Its really a matter of sifting through the overblown paranoid unconfirmable stuff to find the really hard stuff.

While I can see alot of fundementalist churches buying into this FEMA plot, I cant see the majority of churches jumping on the bandwagon and keeping their mouths shut.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I agree with you Skadi, most churches won't comply. That wasn't my original concern. I don't go to church, so it wouldn't affect me anyway. It's the corruption this program (if it's real) implies.

I have emailed the pastor in the story. They wrote back asking how I got the email address. But I haven't heard anything further.

Sounds suspicious to me...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is rather funny to be honest. Many are complaining about the impending police state right? Besides the fact that most will obviously bend over and take it without as much as a whimper, those who choose to actually fight will be chastized and cry terrorist and fail to support those who are trying to prevent it by the last means necessary.

Ahh well, I have already mentioned to many people that Wal-Mart will become the distribution centers for community supplies in this event. Do not blame Wal-Mart, they just happen to have the most extensive and efficient distribution network available. If it were Target, Best Buy, or K-Mart it would be them. but it isn't. Should not feel bad. By that time many will be wishing hard they were working for them.

In the end everyone will finally realize "hey, I guess this is why all those Arabs who were being liberated were fighting in the Middle East" .

All we have to do is refuse to cooperate, and make use of those guns when we need them.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
well there really is no such thing as an independent source.
independent from what?

Prisonplanet is run by Alex Jones, who has a unique view of the world and the website reflects that. But they do a good job of searching out anti-government stories often based on real life interviews and i think its a very valid source for a site like this.

Its not like conspiracy theory is the sort of information you can be spoon fed, there are always doubts, questions, research and critical thinking required whatever the source.

The source doesnt verify the story in conspiracy, the facts do. Otherwise we would all just believe offical denials because of the source.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Ahh well, I have already mentioned to many people that Wal-Mart will become the distribution centers for community supplies in this event. Do not blame Wal-Mart, they just happen to have the most extensive and efficient distribution network available

And the ones with suspitiously close ties to the CIA, allegedly

[edit on 25-5-2006 by AdamJ]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Oh man thats pretty darned funny. And where did you hear about this supposed Wal-Mart CIA connection? A trusted source? Someone on the inside?
I surely hope you were not referring to this garbage

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
No, not that link

Alex Jones

There is no doubt an organisation of that size will have close ties to government anyway, i dont think its that funny.
Whether its a front company or not i dont know. obviously

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join