It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Violation of Court Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
(don't think this has been posted anywhere on ATS?)--

violating a court order, wired.com yesterday published the full AT&T-NSA spying documentation (29 page pdf file, you must have adobe acrobat reader to view the file).

the file was up on the wired webpage for a very brief time yesterday before it was removed. however, while it was available, many people copied it, like myself, and now, it can be viewed on some independent webs and blog sites.

here's one place to view the banned documents-

blog.wired.com...

---

here's wired's explanation for putting up the documentation-

By Evan Hansen
02:00 AM May, 22, 2006

A file detailing aspects of AT&T's alleged participation in the National Security Agency's warrantless domestic wiretap operation is sitting in a San Francisco courthouse. But the public cannot see it because, at AT&T's insistence, it remains under seal in court records.

The judge in the case has so far denied requests from the Electronic Frontier Foundation, or EFF, and several news organizations to unseal the documents and make them public.

AT&T claims information in the file is proprietary and that it would suffer severe harm if it were released.

Based on what we've seen, Wired News disagrees. In addition, we believe the public's right to know the full facts in this case outweighs AT&T's claims to secrecy.
www.wired.com...

mod edit: removed all caps in title

[edit on 5/23/2006 by Gools]

alternate link:
www.truthout.org...

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 23-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Excellent, we need more people with enough guile to put these things up, and often some do.....but they getting taken down shortly after.

this is bound to be underground file no doubt, so I have saved it.....

good job bringing this to light

You have voted hackster for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It would be a good idea to mirror and copy this in the event that server is taken down.

Thank goodness for the power of the internet.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Totalitarian tiptoe is almost complete.

Imagine it, in a state of war now, you can claim someone to be a terrorist, and they are taken away as an enemy combatant. No lawyer, no court, no phonecall, no questions asked.

Total Information Awareness, sounds fitting. Total as in Totalitarian...total control, total knowledge... They hear something they dont want people to know, they shut you down, lock you up, and get to do it with a clean bill of health.

Sickening.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
(homer simpson on) : "DOHH"!

(sorry 'bout caps in the title... us newbies... (sigh))

[edit on 23-5-2006 by hackster]

[edit on 23-5-2006 by hackster]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have already copied the file numerous times, so there will always be a copy avialiable (just u2u me).

I find it a likely explanation AT&T would claim the information would allow them to be targeted by hackers.

do they think the hackers arent already guning for them for their involvement in this?

:shk:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i've saved the file also, and have also begun posting the link to site above on other message boards...

if AT&T doesn't want this out there, then let's send it EVERYWHERE.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
that what im doing, im spreading this everywhere I can get it.....

here is another link.....with supposedly ALL of the documents

www.eff.org...

but these appear to be just the legal documents and doesnt contain the 7 pages AT&T doesnt want released as in the original link.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
thanks x.

i'll save these also.

just cool to have stuff that is so briefly available on the web, and then gone forever...

remember several years ago the diebold inter-office emails and memos that accidentally got leaked and posted on the web just for a couple days, only to be removed by court order also? (circa, 2001/2002, just guessing...? i'd have to dig thru my backed up files...) i have those too... a HUGE database of thousands of emails and memos...

top topics

join