It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of work do you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
As with many bits of information we know about somebody, the nature of work somebody does can be very telling about them.

I think we all have “attributed” personalities to other members here as we read posts and interact with them. But often as I learn more about them in one way or another, my perception of their personality may change. In some ways my perception is disproved entirely (and some times proved beyond a doubt!)

So we can all learn a little bit more about each other, what type of work do you do? Of course you shouldn’t post the company your work for (its your prerogative anyways), but what’s your title? What type of work is it?

Ill start:

I am an analyst (of sorts). I cannot state my exact title as it gives too much information (but it’s not as exciting as you may assume). I use various reporting methods and statistics using historical data weighted with current trends to make forecasts and predictions about stuff. I am held 100% accountable for the accuracy of my forecasts.

You?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well I am in the process of becoming a Social Worker with the government, so at the moment I work in a Microsoft office providing technical support in the evenings and by day I work with a railroad company. As of right now and for the next two months I work about 60 hours a week.

:bnghd:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I work desktop support for a major private equity firm. The company has 150 people or so total, and about 50 of them are in my office. I make sure their stuff runs well, and am really good at my job, that's why I have so much free time to pop in on ATS.

We also have offices in NYC, London, and soon to be Hong Kong. I don't support the other offices, but I do get to visit and make sure my team is doing ok.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm a student at the jail. No wait its just Kissimmee Middle School. The school year ends tommorrow. There was supposed to be a food fight today and one tommorrow during lunch. The people who were supposed to start it today were stupid and didn't do anything. We'll see what happens tommorrow.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Classified as disabled for the last three years due to several chronic health conditions, but I try to be as big a thorn in the side of my Congressman and Senators as I can be to hold their feet to the fire for the stupid things they are doing in D.C.

JDub

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was a programmer, then i took some classes on game design, now i am still in class and getting a degree in 3d/anim soon. Also do freelance on side to make a few bucks.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
well i am a house wife and mother to five.
i used to work in I.T for a while then left to dedicate my time with the children

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm a mechanical engineer.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
i used to work in I.T for a while then left to dedicate my time with the children

What does I.T mean???

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
As of last Thursday I am a Mechanical Engineer. I currently design industrial machinery. Previously I have worked as an aircraft mechanic in the Military Aerospace field and am a veteran of the US Navy.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spidy

What does I.T mean???

Information Technology , computers and junk.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I work at a stable yard, looking after horses, riding, grooming, the whole lot

Best job in the whole wide world!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spidy

What does I.T mean???

Informatin Tecnology basically i worked with computers. entering data, doing spreed sheets, working with dos (although not my strong point), lots of stuff

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crookedblue

Are they race horses by any chance?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo

Originally posted by crookedblue

Are they race horses by any chance?

Why does it always have to be about race?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Most of our horses are for hacking/school.

We have a couple of ex racehorses and hunters though

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am the one and only...
Super Plumber!!!

Or as Fett likes to call me...Plumber Bummer...

Mic

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
I am the one and only...
Super Plumber!!!

Or as Fett likes to call me...Plumber Bummer...

Mic

Plumber = $$$$$$$$

Mickey is rich!!!

[edit on 23-5-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Lemme borrow some cash, I work with computers, that means I'm po.

A friend of mine told me that you can trade in almost any water heater to the manufacturer for cash, no matter how old. So I know you gots money.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm also a Mechanical Engineer

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join