It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: UFO or 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
L3X

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

How big was this thing??? Anyone know?

you read in my mind with this question

i suppose that if looks like an UFO could had dimensions a bit bigger than a car

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
piece of comet is definitely convincing considering they describe ripple effect and flame, all aspects of a high speed rock hitting the ocean after entering the earths atmosphere.

I'm in the midwest, so if the big one hits, I'll get some pleasant new beach property

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Due to the cold weather i would say it was probably a big block of ice as that would explain why nothing was found. I should speak with my sister later today who lives in South Africa and hopefully she might know something about this. The parents at the school event should have had cameras so hopefully someone was smart enough to get some visual evidence.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
block of ice? flames and massive ripple? please explain how ice catches fire...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Some even saw flames

I doubt this would be ice as you suggested. Ive seen meteorites, low flying ones and this definitely sounds like one.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
maybe the comet impact predicted by that air traffic controller for the 25th of may is real ??? this may have been a pre-cursor to the big one .....

releases.usnewswire.com...

[edit on 21-5-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This eye wittness description does not describe a comet.

It caused a big splash when it hit the water and bobbed up and down," said Lambinon, quoting one of the witnesses.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
bobbed up and down, or just sank. I would say it was definitely meteorite/ comet particles.

a large comet impact would be so SWEEEET!

*crosses fingers*

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harry55

This eye wittness description does not describe a comet.

It caused a big splash when it hit the water and bobbed up and down," said Lambinon, quoting one of the witnesses.

maybe it's just the pre-cursor to the bigger one on the way???

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by articulateka0s
bobbed up and down, or just sank. I would say it was definitely meteorite/ comet particles.

a large comet impact would be so SWEEEET!

*crosses fingers*

how can you say this ??? a huge comet impact could be the end of life as we know it, i dont think i would call it SWEET!! do you have some kind of deathwish or something ????

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

how can you say this ??? a huge comet impact could be the end of life as we know it, i dont think i would call it SWEET!! do you have some kind of deathwish or something ????

because it makes everything going on in this world so trivial and stupid. A world ending event in my life time. so amazing. I might even live through the initial hours and watch the world go down.

I dont really fear death, and what a way to go!

So i reaffirm my statement *ahem*

SWEEEEEET!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
sooo articulateka0s do you have any way of maybe staying alive after an impact of any substantial size ...any underground food reserves and some bottled water stocked up ??? ohh and here's a survival website you might want to look at

www.pep-c.org...

[edit on 21-5-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChandlerBing
Just replied to this @ the 25th of May prediction thread ,i live in S.Africa,my parents live about 100km (60/65 miles) from reported area.

[topic interuption]

That's my birthday, what's predicted to happen Thursday?! I hope it's nothing too drastic, I want to make it to 43.

[/topic interuption]

Spinger...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Still nothing new on this from what I've searched for. I was wondering if it could have been a small aircraft flying illegally in the area. It just seems bizarre and odd to me that this aircraft or object was visually spotted and described:

"It caused a big splash when it hit the water and bobbed up and down"

yet, there has been no sign of anything. What a shame. I hope they find something soon or there will always be speculation.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I just thought it would be nice to survive the impact. One blinding flash is good enough for me

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I would love to see this turn out to be something massive.
Like, rock the world kind of massive.

But I don't think it will get off the ground

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
That's my birthday, what's predicted to happen Thursday?! I hope it's nothing too drastic, I want to make it to 43.

Earth to have close brush with comet
73p/schwassmann-wachmann 3

Anyway... No, I doubt that this was a piece of the comet. Why? Simply, the supposed size of it. A comet is composed of pourous ice with a very small amount of rock and dust. Why does that matter? If a fragment were to come close to Earth, and enter the Earth's atmosphere, it would have to be relatively large, otherwise the heat and stresses of reentry would simply vaporize it.

That being said, fairly often each year, objects the size of a softball or slightly larger enter the atmosphere. If they're dense enough, they make it to the surface. Why don't more of these get reported? Look at how much of the world is covered with water. Look at how much of the world is just open land. More often than not, these objects simply land when no one is around to see them fall. This one just happened to be one of the rare instances where one of these chunks was seen.

So can we put an end to all the sensationalistic "the world is gonna end" posts?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This sounds strangely like the Shag Harbour Incident.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by articulateka0s
because it makes everything going on in this world so trivial and stupid. A world ending event in my life time. so amazing. I might even live through the initial hours and watch the world go down.

I dont really fear death, and what a way to go!

So i reaffirm my statement *ahem*

SWEEEEEET!

No regard for life...sounds like most of the news i hear all day long. :shk:
Go see a psychiatrist.

mod edit: quote clarifacation

[edit on 22-5-2006 by sanctum]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join