It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

73p/schwassmann-wachmann 3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Could this comet's space debris cause the sun to appear from earth as BLACK like looking through black sack cloth thus cause the moon to appear red as blood. If so how long would this phenomenon last? Has this happened before?

Could there be enough space debris to cause something like this to happen with this comet coming in view this May 2006?

Please, just straight intelligent answers.
Thanks.

MOD EDIT - Fixed Title

MOD EDIT - Corrected sentence at OPs request

[edit on 20-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Where'd you hear about this? Just curious.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's from some "prophecy."

And it's highly doubtful. The Moon appears blood red during some rises/sets, during total Lunar eclipes, and if there is a lot of volcanic ash or dust in the upper atmosphere. From the debris of a comet? I doubt it, aside from the dust being rather thin, the volume of it isn't even enough to cover the disk of the Moon.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Heard about it on this board

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yeah... Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You could probably message davenman for his input.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I did, but haven't heard from him yet. Would like to get others opinions too

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well, i read about it here- Also, CoasttoCoast has it posted today.

I do beleive this time we may be screwed. I hate to swear, but :shk:

I'm really scared now. This is worse than a nuke from Iran, or any other stuff floating around.

Take a look at this website, which i linked to from C2C:

Yahoo ! News

Its a mess, but link to it and see for yourselves.

I'm in the line of fire, sitting out in the Atlantic coast, the furthermost point.

I dont know what to do.

ps...scroll down and read "the day of destiny"

[edit on 20-4-2006 by dgtempe]

MOD EDIT: Fixing a long link.

[edit on 4/20/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

[edit on 4/20/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Davenman stated that the debris could cause the sun to appear BLACK like looking through black sack cloth, I tried to edit this to my original post but its not coming up for some reason

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
dgtempe, the full story is found here

exodus2006.com...

Concerning Erin Julian, I don't know??? He's blaming malovent aliens for the disintegration of this planet. . .

What was more interesting to me is whether or not this comet can cause a bible prophecy to come to pass in May, which is what Davenman had to say on these threads, i.e. sun appears as black as looking through black sack cloth and thus causing the moon to turn blood red, this is a prophetic sign of the return of Jesus Christ

. . .it's also suppose to happen twice.

A scripture comparison found here was very enlightening to me. . .

www.fivedoves.com...

[edit on 20-4-2006 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Concerning Erin Julian, I don't know??? He's blaming malovent aliens for the disintegration of this planet. . .

SORRY Correction: he's blaming malovent aliens for the desintegration of the COMET 73P

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubletake
Could this comet's space debris cause the sun to appear from earth as thus cause the moon to appear red as blood. If so how long would this phenomenon last? Has this happened before?

Could there be enough space debris to cause something like this to happen with this comet coming in view this May 2006?

Please, just straight intelligent answers.
Thanks.

MOD EDIT - Fixed Title

moderator please fix this to where it states the sun appears as BLACK like looking through black sack cloth thus causing the moon to appear blood red

thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There is another interesting addition to this equation with comet 73P this year. On May 10 or 11, it would appear that there is a large asteroid passing through the same area of space that fragments of 73P would be in. From our perspectives here on earth, the view will be in our northern skies. We could see a somewhat bright flash of light if there is an impact as this asteroid passes through the comet debris field.

This asteroid is called 2006 GY2 and is estimated to be about 800 meters(1/2 mile) in diameter. This asteroid is no threat to earth though it does pass abuot 1.7 milliom miles from earth (6.7 times as far as the moon is) on May 16th

Anyway, on May 10 or 11 the direction to watch at around midnight is a bit west of Polaris, the North Star. If there is a collision between this asteroid and a fragment of the comet, then it could create a spectacular sight that might even be visible in daylight hours. At noon, the direction would be east of where the north star would be...and the north star does not change its' possition, day or night. The point of possible collision would be about 7 milliom miles from earth as this asteroid is on its' approach to pass us at 1.7 million miles.

BTW, I was the person who said that this comet could be the comet that brings about the prophecy of John the Apostle. More than anything, I want to bring it to the attention of people that it's quite likely that what John saw in his vision was a field of comet debris that made the sun appear speckled. This comet debris is mostly ice and would cause the sun's light to be refracted and cause the moon to turn blood red AT THE SAME TIME as the sun is speckled.

We've all seen the moon red because of smog, a lunar eclipse and various other phenomenon, but to see the sun speckled and the moon red AT THE SAME TIME is a differnet story.

I believe that a broken comet will mark the beginning of Jacob's trouble, the tribulation period, the time of great testing, the time of great trouble as this earth has never seen before. So bad will be this time that if it were not cut short, no flesh would survive. At the end of this time, Jesus will return in power to establish his Kingdom and to judge the nations. Some know that as the judgement of the sheep and goats. As for the rapture that is taught my many churches today, I do not know.

Now I know that many say that we do not know when that time will be. The truth is that we do not know what day the Son of Man will return, only The Father knows that. As for the years and the seasons, we are instructed by Paul, the apostle to the gentiles, to be aware so that that time would not catch us unaware.

Without even bringing up scripture, most of us carry with us the sense that the time is near. That sense is given to us by the Holy Spirit of God. The Spirit of God is there to convince us of all truth, thus we know it when we hear it.

The truth is that there is only one who shed his blood for us, to pay the price for our sin so that we might be able to approach to God. Without his shed blood, there is no remission of sins and no presence before God except for judgement. Because he paid the price for our sins, we can go boldly before the throne of God and present our petitions today and we may stand or kneel in the presence of God in the next life without fear of judgment.

Now...getting back to this comet or another if this is not the one we look for to mark the beginning of that time. There are those of us who long for this world to be restored to what it was supposed to be. We look forward even though we must endure some terrible days and quit likely death to get there.

This is why some of us obsess when we see a sign that may bring the beginning of the end of this era.

(edit typo)

[edit on 21-4-2006 by davenman]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Phil Plait at Bad Astronomy says getting hit by a piece of Schwassmann-Wachmann is pretty much pure bunk and goes into detail about it.

Fragment of the Imagination
April 13, 2006

Yahoo!News does it again.

A few months back, this "news" syndicator had a totally bogus article about a "chaos cloud" that was going to doom us all. The original source? The Weekly World News. Like it took a rocket scientist to figure out that was garbage.

Evidently, Yahoo@News is trying to top their own dumbosity. This time, they are reporting -- as straight news -- a story that on May 25 of this year a comet fragment will impact the Earth. Their source? the Exopolitics Institute, which studies UFOs, crop circles, and no doubt the Tooth Fairy and Bat Boy.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wouldn't bet any money on it and sounds like Aussie Bloke does it again , or is it now Frenchie Bloke?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I wouldnt dismiss it so fast as pure trash just yet. I remember even Sylvia Brown saying there would be destruction by an asteroid- soon.

I dont know if she's on record at all on the Internet of saying this, but i'm going to look. She predicted the towers crumbling down 2 months before 9/11 on the Larry King show.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well this is a comet, not an asteroid.

(Now to figure out how to hit myself with a one-line warn...)

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Asteroid= Outer space

Comet= in our space

No?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
No dg...

Asteroid = large chunk of rock; solid; micro planet like thing

comet = mass of ice (water. methane, CO2), dirt, cosmic debris; far less dense or solid

[edit on 21-4-2006 by jtma508]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't know about you but TEMPEL1 looked more like an asteroid than a comet.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by davenman

I believe that a ---broken comet--- will mark the beginning of Jacob's trouble, the tribulation period,

[edit on 21-4-2006 by davenman]

Davenman,

A broken comet? Exactly where did you get this information? Was it the Book of Enoch? please offer chapter, verse?

I feel strongly that the comet or astroid collisions could create the sign spoken of in the bible. But it's still not clear -in the bible- WHAT causes the sign.

If it was from a book that didn't make the canon it still could be usable information that can at least offer some clues on what exactly causes this sign.

thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Everybody knows its supposed to be the size of a pickup truck. Its in all the news, and on www.coasttocoast.com.

It was there this morning, under stories...bottom right side

[edit on 21-4-2006 by dgtempe]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join