It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princess Diana/Radio cutoff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The Jeremy Vine show on BBC Radio 2 here in the UK is a phone-in show for the most part and today one of the subjects was Princess Diana's death. A guest this afternoon was Mohamed Fayed, father of Dodi Fayed who was seeing Princess Di at the time of their deaths in the Paris crash. They had a couple of callers when all of a sudden the station went dead.

When it came back there was just music as they played a couple of tracks and for the last 30 minutes of the show, which is like I said a call-in show and there are always many opinions on any given subject, there was not one more comment made on this subject with no mention of any callers or emails.

Before that, Mohamed [Al] Fayed was talking about the bodyguard(?) who survived and his original story was that the driver was flashed with a light from a motorbike before the Fiat (which was never found) nudged the car to make it crash. A couple of weeks later he told Fayed that he couldn't work for him anymore and completly changed his story.

Anyway, I found it very strange in the timing of the station going dead and then not even mentioning any of it again, so thought I would get some opinions on here.

P.S. I assumed this is the right place to post this but if not then please move it

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This certainly does have a political conspiracy 'smell' to it. For that reason, I think the thread should stay here for the moment.

Interesting post, Muppitus Galacticus...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I'm listening to the Jeremy Vine show at the moment and he just read out a statement that the mics went dead during the Al-Fayed interview yesterday, and that transmission of the interview was 'interrupted'.

As he said the words "..The cause will be investigated as to whether it was.." at the moment he was about to mention a name (an organisation perhaps?) his mic went dead again and the show cut straight to music. After the song had finished, nothing more was said. Was he was unaware that his show had just been interrupted again? or that he was instructed not to say anymore? (and by who?)

Something smells fishier than Frank the fish wearing Eau de Fish aftershave

[edit] Have just emailed the show to ask why the mics went dead again and could they email me back with any explanation...fingers crossed!

[edit on 17-5-2006 by timski]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Definitely somethink up, especially if for a second time.

Maybe the royal establishment got wind of what was happening and pulled the plug.?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Last summer I went to the Big Green Gathering (ooh, how alternative!) and saw David Shayler (MI5 whistleblower) speak. He seemed certain that not only was what we are learning to call "seven-seven" was a false-flag op but that Di and Dodi's death was down to the "Security" services.

Sounds as if he was right. I never liked her but not enough to enjoy the idea she'd been knocked off...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by timskiHave just emailed the show to ask why the mics went dead again and could they email me back with any explanation...fingers crossed!

I forgot to tune in today so thanks a bunch for that info timski! I look forward to hearing what they have to say for themselves.

Something I want to try tonight when I get the chance, or if someone wishes to do it for themselves before then, is go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 and select "Listen Again" and see if any/all of the discussion is still there or if it has been removed.

I didn't catch this part first time around but The Scotsman has an article on that interview and Fayed started naming MI6 agents news.scotsman.com...

Mr Fayed began naming MI6 officers he believed had been involved in the alleged plot until a sharp intervention from Jeremy Vine.

So, I want to hear later if that was the cutoff point of the subject yesterday or did it happen a little later on if/when Six/The Royals/Government heard it.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've just re-run yesterday's and today's shows on the 'listen again' and here's what I found...

(the time-counter starts at 00:00:00 when the show begins playing)

Tuesday:
00:00:00 Show starts

01:10:00 Interview with M. Al-Fayed starts

01:17:10 Jeremy mentions 'mic problems' whilst talking with John McNamarra,
Al-Fayed's chief of security

01:27:00 Al-Fayed is talking about the involvement of MI6 and a cover-up and mentions the names of two agents involved, 'Spearman' and 'Langham'

01:31:55 Mics go dead and cuts straight to music. Broadcasting resumes a few minutes later

Wednesday:
00:00:00 Show starts

00:03:00 Jeremy reads out statement apologising for the loss of broadcast during the Al-Fayed interview and that the cause will be investigated

00:03:24 Just as Jeremy is commenting on the interview the mic goes dead and cuts straight to music

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by timski

01:27:00 Al-Fayed is talking about the involvement of MI6 and a cover-up and mentions the names of two agents involved, 'Spearman' and 'Langham'

01:31:55 Mics go dead and cuts straight to music. Broadcasting resumes a few minutes later

Well, sometimes its easy to see a conspiracy in everything, but this does sound well dodgy.

I bet Al-Fayed is making some noise to the effect that its bothering the establishment.

I always believed Diana was knocked off, pregnant apparently with A'-Fayed's sons baby, and they did not want any diversion to the heir of the throne, with harry and william, coz technically he would be 3rd in line to be king.

Why was her body embalmed from the waist down?? In France?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I also heard this yesterday and today, at first i though my radio was playing up but when he mentioned it today and got cut off as he was about to say something it sent a shiver down me.

will be interesting to see if he says anything more tomorrow, if he does then we can assume something is up.

But how obvious can they get, to do it once was risky, twice is surely taking it a bit too far.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
the interview appears to be available here - www.alfayed.com...

havent listened to it yet though. there is a lot of other info on his site also

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Very interesting, I'm going to listen to those broadcats after posting this. It begs the question, if the microphones were cut on purpose, who gave the word? Who at the BBC has the authority to cut a broadcast immediately without explanation, and what does he know that he has been told "cannot be aired"?

We all have suspicions about info being suppresed by the media, but coincedences like this raise it from suspicion to concerned, eh?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hmmmmm...

I to always felt things weren't right involving the whole incident.

I do have a question though, If Al-Fayed is/has been making waves and stirring up trouble, wouldn't it be more than likely for him to have an 'accident' of his own?

Now, before everyone starts with " it would be too suspicious" or " his security is too tight", this is what these groups supposedly deal with all the time.
It may look suspicious as hell, but proof is required. Case in point : Princess Dianna.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
I always believed Diana was knocked off, pregnant apparently with A'-Fayed's sons baby, and they did not want any diversion to the heir of the throne, with harry and william, coz technically he would be 3rd in line to be king.

Any child of Diana's after her divorce from Charles would have absolutely NO claim to the throne. He would NOT be part of the royal family or in anyway be considered Royal. Diana was Royal only because of her marriage to Charles. The line of succession is already established in law - and actually there is already a 3rd in line - Harry. Charles, William (and children), Harry (and children) and then on through Andrew, Edward and so forth.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Hmmmmm...

I do have a question though, If Al-Fayed is/has been making waves and stirring up trouble, wouldn't it be more than likely for him to have an 'accident' of his own?

Now, before everyone starts with " it would be too suspicious" or " his security is too tight", this is what these groups supposedly deal with all the time.
It may look suspicious as hell, but proof is required. Case in point : Princess Dianna.

They don't give a dam about how suspicious it looks, afterall we are here saything they just cut out a national boradcast twice, but im thinking the combanation of his security and the level of suspiciousness it would create would be too much for even them to handle.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I've just listened to what's on the BBC website. There's no sign that the interview was cut off in the middle. Al-Fayed and his security guy John Macnamara name (rather quietly) 3 MI6 guys whom they allege to have been involved, and the interview comes to a close. AF then says "Thank you for allowing me to give my opinion" and Talking Heads' And She Was is fading up in the background, at which point you get perhaps a minute of silence. Then the track returns.

It is a bit odd but not conclusively odd, if you know what I mean. It comes at a point that AF has already named names and banged on about the cover-up. He's made his point.

Of course, whether what I have just listened to is what went out on the day is another matter altogether.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Mic cut-off

I recieved an email reply from the production team at BBC2 today regarding the mic cut-off during the Al-Fayed interview and on the following days' show....
as follows:

To: "xxxxxxxxxxx" "[email protected]"
CC:
Subject: RE: al fayed interview/ mic cutoff
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:22:17 +0100

Show Full Headers Back To [INBOX]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Tim

I'm afraid the silence at the start of Tuesday's show was Jeremy having a little joke - the silence on Monday on the other hand was very very annoying for all of us here - its cause was a badly wired microphone which we have now replaced,

Hope that clears up the mystery for you,

All the best

I guess there's a sound-tech smarting from sound kicking somewhere in London tonite...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I cannot say I am surprised by this incident. The UK government is just as corrupt as the US government. In my opinion, the royal family behaves anything but royally.

Recommended Reading - The Royals by Kitty Kelley

This book is not available in the UK.
I mailed a copy of it to a dear friend of mine who lives in Haverhill. I hope he is passing it around the town.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Haha, having a little joke. Do you think that a dj whose show relies on call-ins would cut off someone so directly involved in the Diana death?

If someone lives close the the radio building, I would recommend going in there and asking this Tim character what happened face to face.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
If someone lives close the the radio building, I would recommend going in there and asking this Tim character what happened face to face.

S'cuse me????
I'm the person who emailed the studio after what happened on the mon/tues broadcast of the Jeremy Vine show.
I posted the reply I recieved from them as I thought it would help.

If you listen to the broadcast on the 'Listen Again' feature (click on the link above and go to Monday's show) you can quite clearly hear Jeremy mentioning 'mic problems' during the interview with M. Al-Fayed's security man, John MacNamarra.

specifically at this point:

01:17:10 Jeremy mentions 'mic problems' whilst talking with John McNamarra, Al-Fayed's chief of security

There is the whiff of conspiracy surrounding Diana&Dodi's deaths, but I dont think that the BBC were complicit in any cover-up during the interview. M.Al-F had already mentioned the two names of the MI6 operatives (amongst other controvertial details)

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It was tuesday that jeremay was having a little joke, not monday.

If they are saying the whole of radio 2 going down was because of a dodgy microphone then that was one hell of problem, im sure the army now has it in their arsenal for electronic attacks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join