It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Odd - I've found two big Swastikas in my city (Phoenix, AZ) with google earth!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Make of this what you will - I find it incredibly odd.

-I also posted this on bts because I wasn't sure where it went.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Herman]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I had to look at the picture several times to see if it was real! Wow! It looks like a graphic or photoshop but it isn't. It can't be a coincidence can it? What is the address and what are those buildings?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
oh, come on. like you didn't know we have nazis here.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Haha, it's between like 59th ave and 51st ave. and Thunderbird. I've driven by there a million times and can't remember what it is... Never noticed it before, though. It's the Nazi swastika too, not the peaceful one.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Haha thats crazy. Could coincidence though. Perhaps the designers just wanted something that had the most amount of seperate buildings in a set area, or something . . .

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
That's an interesting find. I'm guessing it was an oversight, and not intentional, but you never know. Quite simply, though, this doesn't necessarily constitute a grand conspiracy in Arizona, but instead gives possible evidence that the architect of the buildings could have some ties to Nazism.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
it look's like a huge target to me
but seriously i'd be interested to know what those building's are,, very strange indeed...

[edit on 16-5-2006 by the_sentinal]

d1k

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
These pics were posted before.

Supoosedly they are actually on a military base or have to do with the military or something. I wish I could remember exactly.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

Supoosedly they are actually on a military base or have to do with the military or something. I wish I could remember exactly.

Nah..this isn't anywhere near a military base. I never noticed them until I looked on google earth, and I drive by them all the time.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Haha it's crazy that. Guna have a look on Google Earth and see if theres anything else near it.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It almost looks like its just the design and nothing else? Are those rooftops?

I know the area very well and i dont ever remember seeing that.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
they're pretty far from the actual base, but they could still sevre some function as a military building. on 52nd street and mcdowell there's a large military complex, and it's all the way across the valley from the base.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
dgtempe - Yeah, those are rooftops. You can even see the little air conditioning vents
. It's odd to me, too, that I've never noticed those going by them so many times...

I guess it's possilbe that it's some sort of military base...but like I said I've never noticed them there. Even so, why would they be in the shape of swastikas?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If you look at it from a functionality perspective for appartments or office suites, the design does make sense. You maximize the building area while at the same time allowing every appartment or office to have a window view. Plus, there's a courtyard in the center to go eat, hang out, or whatever it is people who don't sit in front of their computers all day typing on ATS do. Instead of a large square building, they increased the property value for every one of those suites without losing much space in the amount of land they built on.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

That area is not even close to a military base, Luke AFB is like 30 miles west of that area. You think their going to slap down a military base right in the middle of a residential area?? Ive driven by that area a fair amount myself and have never thought anything of it. Look like one of the four of us who live in phx will have to go knock on the doors to find out what it is.

Not it

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Diem928]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Those are hindu Arya’s not nazi symbols.

Swastika (卐) is an Arya, or noble and auspicious, symbol. It stands for purity of soul, satya, truth, and stability within the power of Brahma or, alternatively, of Surya, the sun. Its rotation in four directions has been used to represent many ideas, but primarily describes the four directions, the four Vedas and their harmonious whole. It has been used predominantly in Hinduism since the early Vedic culture, and is still widespread in the Indian subcontinent. Many other cultures continue to hold it as auspicious, in spite of the recent association with Nazism, which used a clockwise, tilted version of this symbol called a Hakenkreuz standing for purity of race.

From en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think we've all taken into account that it could easily be the hindu Swastika, but it's also angled like a Nazi Swastika. I don't believe that there's a hindu temple there, so...

Not it!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
it look's like a huge target to me
but seriously i'd be interested to know what those building's are.

That's Heinrich Himmler Junior High.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Enkidu. I was going to say its the Mengele Medical center!

So does anyone know what the building is?

I think its just a coinciendece, but I guess you never know. Someone said they are even on the angle of a nazi swastika, well on the correct angle compared to what?? they could be viewed from 360 degrees in the air so what are they on the correct angle in relation to?

The person who said that they are on a military base I think you are thinking of the naval base in San Diego which has a swastika shaped building. If you search around there is a thread about here on ATS somewhere.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Those are hindu Arya’s not nazi symbols.

I think you may be mistaken there.

Hindi Arya

Nazi Swastika

The buildings look more like the latter, no?

Personally, I think The JJ's explanation for the design of the buildings is the best so far.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join