It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Odd - I've found two big Swastikas in my city (Phoenix, AZ) with google earth!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I guess it sort of depends on how you look at it.

Although this one seems angled slightly different than the nazi symbol, the hindu isn't angled at all.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Herman]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well i dont think the buildings are swaztikas, probably just coincedence
. Still interesting nevertheless

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is an old thread so probably noone will read this but heres another building with the same shape and its close by.

32°40'33.95"N, 117° 9'28.06"W

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Odd I cannot find Thunderbird as a street in Phonex AZ is it also known by annother name?

I see the strip between 51st Ave and 59th ave but I am not finding Thunderbird. is there any nearby main road I should be looking for to coaberate your picture?

I just verified those locations. WOW strainge

[edit on 13-1-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
As a technical illustrator who has worked with engineers and architects. It would be painfully difficult to design this building and not know you were building swastikas from the sky. All buildings being designed have the above, as well as side views (and more), in their blueprints. When these drawings are done they are seen by many eyes for approval. Whoever designed this building knew that from the air it would appear as a swastika, but from the ground when you passed it by, not a soul would notice. How it made it through the channels to be built is interesting. If I had been in a design firm building this, the nazi symbol would have been spotted right away and the design terminated, in good taste.

Something is weird here.....

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by redsuperman420
This is an old thread so probably noone will read this but heres another building with the same shape and its close by.

32°40'33.95"N, 117° 9'28.06"W

Wow... That is one serious swastika, although it really isn't "driving" distance. It would seem that something strange is going on here...

Whatukno,

In the picture, Thunderbird is the street right under the buildings. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but it's North of Sweetwater, and South of Greenway if that helps.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I also forgot to mention that since I posted this, I've driven by a lot more and they're some sort of medical buildings. I forget the exact name, but I know it's medical.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
I also forgot to mention that since I posted this, I've driven by a lot more and they're some sort of medical buildings. I forget the exact name, but I know it's medical.

Well, hopefully they're not doing weird human experimentation.
If you see a giant smokestack on the roof with the scent of burnt roast beef pouring out of it, run.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't know if it is relevant but the swastika is a symbol used by the Navajo people.
Infact, again in Phoenix. The Dept of Agriculture building (built in 1930) had Sawastika shaped tiles on it, which had to be removed after the onset of WW2.

In fact until the start of WW2 the Arizona State Highway had a Swastika symbol on its road signs.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
these are medical offices, called "The Fountains" at 5620 West Thunderbird

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
lol dang.. they look like barracks or some kind of dorm buildings to me.
btw, good find! i never find anything lol

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have thought of something

Mythologically the Phoenix is a solar deity, dedicated to the Sun of the Day
and the Swastika is an ancient symbol of the "renewed" sun.

Totally irrelevent to these buildings but might come in handy if you play jeopardy.

I think it is important to remember that the swastika has been a symbol, meaning different things to different folks for thousands of years.
It isn't always sinister and doesn't always have connections to Nazi's..Obviously! It is older and has outlived them.

It is quite a happy, little symbol really..

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Doesn't the Nazi swastika turns clockwise while the Navajo turns counter clockwise?

IMO this building design was VERY obvious to somebody and was done on purpose.

EDIT:Was supposed to be a question

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Jaychael]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaychael
Doesn't the Nazi swastika turns clockwise while the Navajo turns counter clockwise?

IMO this building design was VERY obvious to somebody and was done on purpose.

EDIT:Was supposed to be a question

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Jaychael]

I still don't think there is anything sinister in the use of this symbol, it is Arizona and it is a Navajo symbol too..I haven't time just now to check it's direction but will later.
We know it is a medical facility. We know it's name. Why doesn't one of the members from Phoenix, check out when it was built, who the architect was and who the financer's were.
I am from Ireland and I know this information is easy to come by here and a matter of public record. I am sure it is the same in the US.
Actually the swastika was also an ancient symbol in the language of Ogham which is a pre-historic language in Ireland, believed to be the 1st written language (but carved on stone)

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes, the swastika has been used as a peacefull symbol far longer than it was a Nazi symbol, but the angle of these buildings as well as the matter that the Nazi symbol is difinitely the most "popular" if you will seems like the designers would have taken that into consideration. I do live in Phoenix, so I can try to find some history on those buildings. I'll post if I find anything interesting.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...:Arizona_highway_marker.jpg

Have a look at this..Arizona highway marker from the 1920's pre-Nazism

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Navajo saddle with the symbol going both directions.

Seems some Nazi flags had a through and through image, clockwise on one side, counter on the other.
So regardless of what direction it's facing you can draw your own conclusions as to its meaning. IMO for a modern building it's really tasteless.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaychael
Navajo saddle with the symbol going both directions.

Seems some Nazi flags had a through and through image, clockwise on one side, counter on the other.
So regardless of what direction it's facing you can draw your own conclusions as to its meaning. IMO for a modern building it's really tasteless.

What is tasteless for a modern building?
What if it was a lovely take on a Navajo symbol..Renewal..Nice idea for a medical centre. Yes?
You draw your own conclusions if you want but I can't see, sitting in the middle of the desert in Arizona with the innocent symbolism hitting you in the face, that you can some how tie it back to Nazi Germany.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Look closer.

It's not just the direction it's facing, it's also the angle. I suppose if you were coming at them from another direction, they would be upright, but speaking from a North, South, East, West point of view, it's angled just like the Nazi symbol.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Look closer.

It's not just the direction it's facing, it's also the angle. I suppose if you were coming at them from another direction, they would be upright, but speaking from a North, South, East, West point of view, it's angled just like the Nazi symbol.

Oh Lordy I am opting out..Until I find justifiable reasons as to why there are Nazi symbolisms in Phoenix. When there are more simple and reasonable explanations.
Actually I showed my Husband your GE image and says it is similar shape to the swastika but the buildings are not interconnecting (which I missed) and are therefore not Swastika shaped at all.
He thinks the most simple explanation is the architect was trying to cramb a lota lota building into a small space and it has to take into account existing utilities.
If it is symbolic it is hardly nazi..Unless the Native Americans are neo-nazi's coming back to avenge their fore-fathers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join