It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange happenings in my apartment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well, this scared the hell out of me. My cats come bolting into my room and as they get under my desk ALL the faucets in my apartment just opened up. The bathroom sink, the kitchen sink, and the bathtub. All opened up to full capacity. That just happened about 15 minutes ago.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Back in September, a bowl somehow relocated itself from the cupboard it was in to the middle of the kicten floor. Without breaking, just sitting there. I don't know how that could have happened either.

So yeah, a couple weird happenings, months apart. Freak occurances or what?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'd say your cats are pretty smart, to learn how to use taps

Really though, i have experienced weird stuff before, and if I experienced that, that would be it, I know there is much more than we know about, out and about.

Yeah

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I'd say your cats are pretty smart, to learn how to use taps

You know, that would have been what I thought the case was... But I only have two cats, and five different fixtures all opened simultaneously, and the cats were in here when it happened.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
whats the history of the apartment? who were the previous owners? have the cats ever been sensitive to anything around your house or something along those lines?
and are you renting from a landlord or is it your apartment?

good luck with it mate, i know i would of flipped out and be rocking back and forth on the couch by now saying "the taps, theyre out to get me, repeat"

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Thats Crazy CKK... i would do as suggested and chk into the history of that apt. computer search the address in some sort of local microfiche newspaper place.( you know what i mean).

Has crazy things happened like this elsewhere, or only in this apartment? Ive never experienced anything unexplainable like that so im not sure what to offer for advice. Im a "grab a gun and try to explain it" kinda guy.
maybe some sort of back pressure in the pipes??? but that doesnt explain the bowl...

total intrigue has got me.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Panic and run away, yo!

Seriously, though. Freaky. The animals are always the first to know. However, I'd like to point out that in both cases, something happened in the kitchen. Maybe whatever's there is trying to tell you something.

Where's your science NOW?

DE

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
No science in that one. Thats where my fight or flight kix in DX. cant explain it??.....freakin ruuuuuun!!!!

cmdrkeenkid, did the cats act weird back on the "bowl in the kitchen" day? I know i wouldnt be able to notice that or remember if i did notice them acting weird that far back, but its worth a shot.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I might wonder if someone was trying to send you a message. However there may be a logical explanation. Perhaps you have a ghost that used to work for the water department and he/she thinks you aren't using enough.

Ok joking aside,
Did your outside taps stay off if you have any? Maybe you have faulty plumbing or there was some surge that somehow triggered this. I would ask if any of your neighbors had any problems with their water suddenly surging out of the facet. I might leave out the part where it turned on by itself.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Bad news dude, these are signs of a person having multiple personilty disorder...or it could just be a serious case of amnesia...

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korsyn01
whats the history of the apartment? who were the previous owners? have the cats ever been sensitive to anything around your house or something along those lines?
and are you renting from a landlord or is it your apartment?

In order of asking... No idea. No idea, again. Well, they can usually hear somebody coming into the building and run up to the window. I'm renting from a landlord.

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Thats Crazy CKK... i would do as suggested and chk into the history of that apt. computer search the address in some sort of local microfiche newspaper place.( you know what i mean).

You mean one of those ancient places were they have those those things that are, like, made out of paper and ink and crap? What're they called again? Starts with a "B," I think...

Has crazy things happened like this elsewhere, or only in this apartment?

Well, my parents' house was haunted. I haven't lived there for a good two years, though.

maybe some sort of back pressure in the pipes??? but that doesnt explain the bowl...

That's what I thought too, actually. But, I thought that the toilet would have filled up more, or possibly even overflowed, so I went to the bathroom first to check it. It was at its normal level.

Originally posted by DeusEx
Maybe whatever's there is trying to tell you something.

Well, the first one was isolated to the kicthen. This second one was in three places. Maybe whatever is doing this, if anything, is hungry and then wants a bath.

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
cmdrkeenkid, did the cats act weird back on the "bowl in the kitchen" day?

Yeah, I can't remember how she (only had one cat at the time) acted when that happened. I know when I saw it on the floor I was just like, "Huh, that's weird," and picked it up and put it away. Though in the back of my mind it kind of freaked me out.

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Did your outside taps stay off if you have any? ... I would ask if any of your neighbors had any problems with their water suddenly surging out of the facet. I might leave out the part where it turned on by itself.

No, I don't have an outside tap. I'm planning on asking my neighbors if and when I see them. At least the people above me and the people in the apartment next to mine. I think I'll include them turning on by themselves, as it is kind of integral to what happened, though.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
CKK,

Thanks for sharing this. In our continuing saga here in this old haunted house we have had at least two instances of faucets being turned on. So this is very interesting that you now have this activity manifest in the form of faucets being turned on. I wonder what the significance is? Has anyone ever heard of why turning the water on might be important to an entity that is apparently trying to make its presence known?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
well animals r said to be more in tune than us but maybe they saw something in the kitchen and you just heard it u2u me if anything happens again plz

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Those were some freaky things that happened there
If I were you I would be freaked out and probably find a new place to live asap!!

But at least whatever is causing these things to happen are not doing any damage or harm. Could be just trying to get your attention.

How long have you lived there? Can you rememeber any weird things that happened other then the 2 you mentioned?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
In our continuing saga here in this old haunted house we have had at least two instances of faucets being turned on... ...I wonder what the significance is?

I think it's just typical poltergeist-like activity. There are many such faucet stories out there (google). Just an entity making its presence known as balon0 says. It's simple, gets your attention, and does no harm - unless it's doing it when no one's around and you have to fit the water bill

PS - From what I've read of it, I've really enjoyed your ghost diary thread Valhall

[edit on 14-5-2006 by DEFCON3]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
Those were some freaky things that happened there
If I were you I would be freaked out and probably find a new place to live asap!!
How long have you lived there? Can you rememeber any weird things that happened other then the 2 you mentioned?

Well, I am actually looking for a new place to move to, but that's because this place is putting a big dent in my pocket book.

I'll have lived here for a year come the middle of July, and these are the only two instances of something weird happening, unless somethings have gones unnoticed.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Well, if you have any more trouble, you might want to consider those top gun ghost experts on that ghost hunting sci-fi show. I heard they are really plumbers and I saw a Roto-rooter truck in one episode. Maybe they can get to the heart of your plumbing problems.

As soon as I posted the above, my pc screen suddenly jumps to some web site showing furniture.
I don't suspect ghosts though. Someone may be trying to send me a message though.

[edit on 14-5-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Greetings Cmdrkeenkid, i hope you are well.

Your account of these events is very interesting to me indeed, I myself have had some strange activitie in my place that i am living in at the moment.
We dont have any pets though,Cats are said to have a "Sixth Sense" or to be intouch with the spiritual world.
They are said too see,feel, and even be precognitive to supernatural events.
In ancient Egypt cats were worshipped as the goddess, They were also said to protect the people who owned them from natural and supernatural energies.

From the way you tell it , i would say that your cats knew that this was going to happen.
If i were you i would watch them and see if they act in odd ways such as
staring at one spot for long periods of time, seem to be "stalking" something, unusual changes in your cats and any other strange things that they seem to do.

Have u ever felt anything? or seen anything?
such as cold spots in your apartment sometimes?? or maybie you have heared noises that seem to be coming from the inside of your place??
i am indeed interested in this and would love to hear your replies.
Remember what i said about your cats, watch them and see if they do anything strange like looking at something like a wall or a chair or an area for a long period of time.
Also i have noticed (i am not sure if this goes for all cats) but when my gfs mums cat gets agitated it will sway its tail and flick it around whereas when its calm it wont.
I would be watching this closely because if one of your cats seem to be staring at something for a long time and/or flailing its tail, this could mean that there is some sort of supernatural energy or energies in your apartment.

Weather that be ghosts,poltergeists,spirits etc, i am not sure but if u should see anything like this which i have decribed(with your cats) or this event happens again please let me know.
Cats really can see things we cant and sense things we cant, i am sure of it .

Omega85

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
If i were you i would watch them and see if they act in odd ways such as
staring at one spot for long periods of time, seem to be "stalking" something, unusual changes in your cats and any other strange things that they seem to do.

Also i have noticed (i am not sure if this goes for all cats) but when my gfs mums cat gets agitated it will sway its tail and flick it around whereas when its calm it wont.

As far as every cat I've ever seen, they've all done that. Hell, I stare off onto one spot for long periods of time. Mainly during classes.

such as cold spots in your apartment sometimes?? or maybie you have heared noises that seem to be coming from the inside of your place??

Cold spots? Anywhere in it, especially when I wake up. Otherwise, It depends on mainly what time of day it is. I keep my apartment relatively cool, when I can, at about 60 degrees. Aside from that, nothing odd really.

As far as noises, the only ones I hear not in here are from the outside, the apartments above and next to me, or the hallway outside my door.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You never can tell just what the history is behind the place your staying.

About two months ago I took a week off work. One day while putering around and doing some surfing I noticed the police outside. I started watching to see what was going on and it turned out a neighbor had committed suicide. I watched them take her body from the apartment.

The management cleaned the place up and a few weeks later a nice young couple moved in.

I haven't met them yet but hope to around the pool this summer. I'd like to find out if anything odd is going on there.

Good luck with your ghost my friend

wupy

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i was just reading through ATS and theres another thread here where a guy mentions his uncle has something like your problems with his faucets as well

heres a link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it should be the second post down
once again good luck with your ghost

top topics

<<   2 >>

join