It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover-up at a Barely Prevented School Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I wasn't exactly positive where to place this, but I figured this would be the best. These following events began on Thursday, May 4 and are still ongoing.

On Thursday there were threats made at South Glens Falls High School, a small but rapidly growing town around 1 hour away from Albany, New York. The threats were made by the "goths", "ICP's", "nonconformists", whatever you would like to call them, that they were going to shoot all of the "preps" in the school. These shootings were supposed to occur the next day. Luckily the school adminisratation found out about this and took the steps necessary to prevent it. There were a dozen or so extra cops there just to be sure, and around 25% of the school was still absent.

Now here is where the cover-up comes in. The following articles are from the local newspaper, and while there are some specifics, it is mostly vague at best. And the worst part is the outright lies that are being printed.

www.poststar.com...

www.poststar.com...

www.poststar.com...

Now after reading these brief articles, it can be seen how vague they are.

This is what should have been told

-8 people were interrogated in this incident, with the arrest stated in the last article happening days before it was released. There is also the possibility that there were more arrests.

-Although it says there were rumors of two hitlists, this is false. There WAS one hitlist, with the names of many of the "preps". This is not rumor, but fact.

-It specifically says that there were no weapons found, but really there were some in possession of guns, although they were not with them, but at thier homes.

This school came much closer than you would be led to believe to another Columbine-type shooting. The only thing I am not sure of is what was worse, the fact that there were blatent lies, or the fact that the school never said anything to the kids to reassure them and that there was nothing sent home to parents notifying them of the situation.

I have waited a few days before posting this in hopes the school would reveal everything, but it has failed to, so i felt it neccessary to reveal the truth.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think you're really reaching.

The police have their reasons to withold information etc. There was a similar incident in the town I live in, where a few kids at one of the high schools were supposedly planning an attack. The police did the same thing. They're not obligated to give up all information.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
They don't want to cause a panic in the town or have taxpayers take money from the schools, on occasion, it's okay for the authorities to "tell-all".

1. These kids who were planning this need SERIOUS HELP, and deserve their privacy without the public knowing to get it.

2. The school needs to protect it's students and can't do so, when the public knows as much as them, so they need to keep it quiet so the police there aren't disrupitive in a investigation.

3. The students, although what they were planning was "evil", deserve a chance to re-enter society; and CAN'T DO so with their idenities being exposed. So they don't get shunned undeservenly by their classmates while getting help.

You need to think about that, okay?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
No, everything needs to be released including the names of the kids who wanted to kill the others. If the plan wasen't stopped, they would be behind bars right now. What is to stop them from hurting the kids on the hit list in another way maybe even off campus.

The kids on the hit list would have no idea of who was trying to harm them. What would happen if these potential killers came around one or more of the victims without the victims knowledge say in a McDonald's parking lot or somewhere else they tend to hangout? I would rather let the victims and others know who the potential killers are so they can be cautious around those people especially out in public.

Why is protecting the potential killers so much more important than protecting the potential victims? The potential killers deserve very much to get shuned by others. You would shun me instantly, have a police restraining order on me, and have me locked up if at all possible if I tried to kill you. What makes this situation any different?

If the schools really want to protect their students, the students who created the plan and almost carried it out would all be expelled immediately. They can seek the help and schooling they need in an environment that is more sutiable for them, perferablly in a mental hospital or a jevunile home.

How can they re-enter society if they haven't even recieved any help as of yet? Many kids who have spent time in Jevunile homes and have served sentences for past crimes have returned to society without much problems. They have also been shown the conquences of their actions, and know when they are old enough that the next stop is prison.

Are you asking me to believe that these kids will be any different? They will have no chance at all to become a part of society after they pay their dues? Are you asking me to believe that they should have no major conquences done to them because they just need "help".

I'm sorry, but they planned a major crime, and they need to pay their dues. I hope includes shunning by the victims, having to face a judge in juvnile court, serving time in one way or another, and making them get the mental help they need.

They need to know and must understand that their actions have conquences, and those conquences are not going to be good and even harsh. Otherwise what message are you sending them? Oh, it is ok to do what you did? We will pamper you and protect you while you get "help". We will make sure you don't get ridiculed, shuned, or nothing bad happenes to you. What you planned was not good, but I'm sure you understand that. Now go play like good little kids with the others, run along now, and give them a pat on the back.

Come on, get real. Quit weeping soft tears from them and start practicing some real tough love which they need. Tougher than normal if they are involved or have formed a gang of any type.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1899wascool
These kids who were planning this need SERIOUS HELP, and deserve their privacy without the public knowing to get it.

Huh? They plotted to murder dozens of other students because they were 'different' and weren't popular enough for them. They've forefeited their right to that much privacy.

so they need to keep it quiet so the police there aren't disrupitive in a investigation.

DEfinitly. Might still be ongoing. They might also want to see who know's there was one list rather than the fake story about their being two, and thus track the information back to get more of the people in on the plot.

The students, although what they were planning was "evil", deserve a chance to re-enter society;

No they don't. That's societies choice really. I say
People that plot mass murder of other kids because they aren't cool enough for them are lamers.

You need to think about that, okay?

I sure as heck wouldn't be concerned about that, I'd be concerned about my friends writhing on the ground dying from a gut-shot for not being 'goth' enough, or girls getting their skulls blown off for not going on a date with some jerk.

If the schools really want to protect their students, the students who created the plan and almost carried it out would all be expelled immediately.

And if society wants to protect its members, it'd probably going to have to destroy these lunatics. Clearly they're derranged, there's no way a person is going to commit themselves to doing something like that, get stopped, get released, and not do it again. Heck, they'll be even more angry for being stopped.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown agent
The threats were made by the "goths", "ICP's", "nonconformists", whatever you would like to call them,

Wait what? I don't know what you mean by "ICP's". Do you mean as in the rap group? Because they're not "ICP's". If you meant something else, sorry.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
And if society wants to protect its members, it'd probably going to have to destroy these lunatics. Clearly they're derranged, there's no way a person is going to commit themselves to doing something like that, get stopped, get released, and not do it again. Heck, they'll be even more angry for being stopped.

I'm not so sure about destroying them. I still stand behind expelling them. Then I would perfer them locked up, or some type of hard knocks juvie camp where they make them work extremely hard. Then they would have to do some jail time after they turn 18. The mental health would not be voulentary.

If they are that deranged, I hope they gt life locked up in the mental ward.

The schools need to quit focusing on "self esteem", and eliminating practically everything that could "mentally hurt" them starting by bringing back the dreaded red pen which some schools got rid of. With all the pampering they get and a pat on the back saying good effort even though their answer was wrong and way out in left feild somewhere. No wonder childeren think they are better than everyone else when all the teachers practically pamper them. Then they get to go home and do what? Play violent viedo games, watch MTV, violent TV shows and violent movies.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Wait what? I don't know what you mean by "ICP's". Do you mean as in the rap group? Because they're not "ICP's". If you meant something else, sorry.

i'm sorry if i have caused any confusion in this area. ICP stands for Insane Clown Posse. there are people who follow this group with a huge following, and they are generally referred to as (if i am not mistaken) juggleoes and juggleees, or something like that. calling them ICP's is just just a shorter, and much easier, especially when i am not completely sure if that is what they are called, or how to spell it.again sorry for any mixup.

and just to add to the overall topic, there is still no release from the police or the school stating what really happened. hopefully this due to an ongoing investigation, but i truly believe that it is due to the school wanting to preserve it reputation more than anything.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown agent
i'm sorry if i have caused any confusion in this area. ICP stands for Insane Clown Posse. there are people who follow this group with a huge following, and they are generally referred to as (if i am not mistaken) juggleoes and juggleees, or something like that. calling them ICP's is just just a shorter

Lol. Okay. ICP = The Group. Juggalos = The male fans. Juggalettes = The female fans.
I don't know what proof you have that every fan of this rap group made threats, but okay.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
it wasn't all of them, but remember this is not an overly large school. i do not want to say all of them, but there were a large number of them involved.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So the only fans of music that made the threats were ICP fans? There were no rock fans that made any threats? I just don't see why you seperated them from the whole.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
God... hard decision... bash the preps but support the murdering nonconformists...

hell I'm gonna bash them both and if you want to stop me I'll be in the cockpit of the 747 coming very quickly towards your house!

NONCONFORMISTS: These people were probably middle/upper class, and love to wallow in self pity or are just doing it to go along with the latest retarded trend. Total bs! I swear that is my catchfrase now!!! If you do this stuff you are a conformist, I know that you people have trouble seeing any picture besides your own problems but bear with me, everyone is dressing in really tight black cloths, and now your doing it, to not conform with society, but society has conformed to you, the true nonconformists are people like me who can hold their head up high and say "I am an individual, I have morals, I have found something bigger than myself to represent, I can see right through your propaganda, I will dress, talk and act how I like within certain limits, and if you dont like it I'm still at the point where I can turn the 747" I've had enough with you people bitching, your parents have over 1000000 in the bank, STOP BITCHING and its not like their not spending it on you either.

Preps: Yeah thats right I'm coming for you next, You people make me sick, you think that just because you are "friends" with everyone you are perfect, your all clones squabling for power, your like the whole corperate ladder minus the goal at the top, you stand for nothing, at least the nonconformist are just misguided and a little bit spoiled. But you are at the lowest in my book, you get kicks out of degrading others and cause them to become nonconformist to, I challenge you to find something in this world that you stand for, not like the f---ing tabloids, not your favorite celebrity which you dont choose based on your own choice but based on popular oppinion, as in something nonmaterial, as hard to fathom as it sounds to you. Dont you think your so great getting driven to school in your parents expensive @$$ car and praising bush even though you don't know how high of rank the prez is just that he's some other celeb who is to be worshipped. You people disgust me. Maybe a part of a single atom in my brain is reserved to respecting you...

No f---in morals left... the world truly is coming to an end... in which case I better cover the other groups while I still got time

RACE CARD BRANDISHING MINORITIES: Shut your damn mouth, do you not have anything better to do than act like a gangster, with your expensive ars pimp chain or your pants that not just sag but litteraly hang down to the point where we see your legs after the boxers then the pants, I have had more than enough with the frivolous accusing of, oh your racist. No I am not racist, I am half black and a jew for F---s sake, how in the hell can I be racist. You on the other hand seem to be obsessed with bashing whites. You must think your doing the world a great service dont you, calling white people "crackers" and crying racist every chance you get. Funny how you act like such badasses but when I actually fought one of you, Wahh... MOMMY! Yeah thats right the little f--- actually did cry for his mom, To give him some credit it took a while and a few nasty bruises including my balls litterally being purple for a bit (oww... now who shoulda been cryin for their mom... ya just dont do that...) Funny how he was the guy who attacked me... I mean really... Just cause I dont yell it out every chance I get doesn't mean I couldn't kick your ars... stupid...

MMO OBSESSED NERDS: okay I'm not going to pick on you too much so dont worry, some of you I can actually relate with, I mean your probably the smartest of the bunch but seriously, when you communicate with someone 2 blocks away almost solely through those, you know you need to get a life, I just dont like people ignoring the bigger picture

POLITICAL ZEALOTS: Yup, rantical suicide so here goes, I understand that I have completely poluted the thread with my rant... And I'm just getting pissed and ranting caus I'm tired... I got my asshat on cause of all of the children getting beat, and I understand that I'm really preying on good albiet stupid people...

well now that I'm done ranting about my social life... god I'm miserable... now I'm turning into an nonconformist... damn...

okay... now to get back on topic
Gang war... nuff said, its not official but I kinda consider it gangs, or a division of the school.
Why not release name, they should get life in prison
No one should be let of for killing others, or seriously planning to, as in the difference between the 747 thing and this say (though bush has millions of times over)
Its not worthy of being on this board, just another juvinille homocide
this has to be my most off topic rant ever...

new topics

top topics

join