It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehall Calls Existence of Guantanamo "Unacceptable"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just caught this on Sky News, so I don't have a link as of yet. But Our (British) Attorney General, Lord Peter Goldsmith, just called for the closure of the Guantanamo Bay Prison, calling its existence "unacceptable", and a symbol of injustice.

HERE HERE!

EDIT: Here is a BBC News article confirming this

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Code_Burger]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They publicised Guantanamo and its alleged atrocities/inhumane treatment of prisoners, in order to add another element to their Terror-brew: to silence protest generally: to convince we sheepies that there was indeed a legitimate War on Terra underway.

It's rare that governments openly advertise their horror-camps. But of course, they wanted us to feel an icy chill up our spines, via Guantanamo, and they wanted to justify their invasion of Iraq. So from the outset, Guantanamo has always been on Page One.

Now, Guantanamo has served its purpose as far as governments are concerned.

All along, of course, the REAL terror camps have been operating in secret while the sheepies' attention has been focused on Guantanamo and its lengthy, much publicised trials.

You'll notice that neither Goldsmith or anyone else were jumping around, publicly acknowledging the transport, torture and murders of far GREATER numbers of prisoners whose identities have NEVER been made public. And of course, Goldsmith isn't calling for a halt to the secret torture of prisoners who were/are ferried to secret locations in Britain and elsewhere. As usual, the sheepies' attention has been kept on Guantanamo aka Red Herring --- while the atrocities continue elsewhere.

Guantanamo is no longer newsworthy or advantageous to the ruling-elite: it's a burnt-out story: it's served its purpose. So 'they' have decided NOW -- via the prostitute media -- to use it to their own advantage and to make cheap heroes of themselves before the voting public. Wow -- how heroic, how upstanding of Goldsmith -- to publicly and with fanfare, call for Guantanamo's closure.

Did he do so several years ago? Of course not. He hadn't been given PERMISSION to do so: hadn't been INSTRUCTED by his masters to do so. Only NOW ... for political advantage .... does he thrash a dead horse and pretend to be The Voice of Conscience. How despicable.

Too little, too late, Goldsmith & Co.

Now if he really wants to convince us he has ONE IOTA of conscience, it's up to Goldsmith to earn the public attention/approval he so clearly seeks ---- by REVEALING the locations and inmates (and dead victims) of the CURRENT and ACTUAL torture camps. And by demanding that British troops be withdrawn from Iraq. Guess when it's politically advantageous and ONLY after being given permission by his masters to do so, will Goldsmith again make a grab for the headlines.

Yes, Goldsmith, once again in case you didn't catch it last time: too little, too late.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I am surprised to see none of the pro-Gitmo people crowing about this.

Or have they now become anti-Gitmo because they've been shouted down as un-American so many times?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Just just assume ship the whole lot of them - lock, stock & barrel - over to jolly old England and set them free in the English countryside.

We could say "good riddance to bad rubbish", and our friends on the other side of the pond could occupy themselves entertaining and coddling these poor, unjustly persecuted "victim" of the US war machine.

That is, until the fireballs and body parts begin to appear.......

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Pyros:

Just just assume ship the whole lot of them - lock, stock & barrel - over to jolly old England and set them free in the English countryside.

Since you filled them with hatred for the USA by keeping them in a concentration camp, they ought to be let go in the US.

Cut out the time waiting for them to get back to their countries of origin and to organize a terrorist cell to kill Americans for keeping them locked up.

You created them so it only seems fair that you reap the rewards.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Pyros:

Since you filled them with hatred for the USA by keeping them in a concentration camp, they ought to be let go in the US.

Cut out the time waiting for them to get back to their countries of origin and to organize a terrorist cell to kill Americans for keeping them locked up.

Although your characterization is incorrect at worst, and debatable at best, I am cheered to see you at least provide me with enough justification to continue to enforce our current arrangement with this element.

If even the most virulent, anti-American, human rights-at-the-expense-of-all-else types like yourself can publicly admit that these people will most likely "get back to their countries of origin and to organize a terrorist cell to kill Americans".....well, then I feel perfectly justified in keeping them in our happy little Cuban gulag in the sun. They can get their 3 squares, plenty of vitamin E, and read the Holy Quran 'till the cows come home, and I'm happy to pay taxes for just that.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
We could say "good riddance to bad rubbish", and our friends on the other side of the pond could occupy themselves entertaining and coddling these poor, unjustly persecuted "victim" of the US war machine.

Oh yes - so many Terrorsts are arrested and Held in Gitmos.

It would be Terrible to let them go.

Let's check these Terrorists out:

UN Report: US Is Abusing Captives

• Hafizullah Shah, farmer from Afghanistan
    'I was just walking in the street and I was captured. The next thing I found out is that I am sitting here. The only thing I did in Afghanistan was farming ... we grew wheat, corn, vegetables and watermelons'

• Mesh Arsad al Rashid, farmer from Afghanistan
    'I don't want to spend any more time here, not one more minute. I did not know my training would be considered al-Qa'ida training. I was trying to help Muslims. I am not from the Taliban, I'm just a person, a helper'

• Unnamed apple seller from Khazakhstan
    'I never had a weapon. I never carried a weapon with me and I've never been in any kind of armed fight ... I always knew America as a democratic country and always heard positive things about America. I believe that after 9/11 America became very aggressive and that's probably the only reason I'm here'

• Arkin Mahmud, prisoner from China
    'If I am guilty then they should come up with my punishment. Otherwise, they should do something faster to finish my case'

• Zahir Shah, prisoner from Afghanistan
    'What are we going to do with the RPGs? The only thing I did in Afghanistan was farming'

• Abdulaziz Sayer,
    a Kuwaiti who studied at the Imam Mohamed Bin Saud Islamic University, has a degree in Islamic law. He met a man while worshipping in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, who said Sayer should go to Afghanistan to teach the Quran. He entered Afghanistan through Iran in October 2001 and did charity work. His name was found on a computer after coalition forces raided a house, but he denied belonging to al-Qaida or the Taliban.

• Mohammed Fenaitel,
    told the tribunal he traveled from his native Kuwait to Afghanistan two days before the Sept. 11 attacks to see how his charitable donations were being spent. He lost his passport in Afghanistan and was smuggled into Pakistan, where he hoped to reach the Kuwaiti Embassy. He said smugglers sold him to Pakistani authorities. "Of course they pictured us as terrorists and turned us over to the United States," he said.

• Boudella al Hajj,
    an Algerian clergyman, worked with orphans in Bosnia for a humanitarian organization and the Bosnian army. He is accused of being in contact with known al-Qaida member Abu Zubaydah and belonging to an Algerian militant group - all of which he denied. He also was accused of planning to attack the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, but was acquitted before being handed over to the United States.

• [edit on 11/5/06 by Souljah]

Mod Edit: ATS Isn't An External Source.

[edit on 11/5/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:49 PM
    link   
    You're funny Souljah, posting quotes from terrorist prisoners. "I was just minding my own business..." LOL

Hey, while your at it, why dont you go interview some people on deathrow and ask them what they did to be in prison...I have a feeling they are all innocent too...

Gitmo is a spa for these people, they have it better than the ever had. They eat well, have plenty to read and get to live is climate controlled quarters in the Caribbean. The guards and environment is conducive to their religious needs and they get to play football if they behave. And all they had to do to get there was shoot at Americans! How can it get any better than that?

Club Gitmo

But all you bleeding heart terrorist collaborators see it another way. Of course you don’t know anything at all other than what your bias news sources tell you, but that hardly matters. If its anti USA then its for you!!

I would never wish violence on anybody, but I almost cant wait until they attack again. Some of you will/may be affected, and your tune will change...

[edit on 11-5-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:54 PM
    link   

If even the most virulent, anti-American, human rights-at-the-expense-of-all-else types like yourself...

Yup. Because we're anti-Gitmo, anti-torture, and pro-human rights we're anti-American. (We're either with you or against you.)

Well, that should tell you something about what the US stands for, surely?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:58 PM
    link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
    Gitmo is a spa for these people, they have it better than the ever had. They eat well, have plenty to read and get to live is climate controlled quarters in the Caribbean. The guards and environment is conducive to their religious needs and they get to play football if they behave. And all they had to do to get there was shoot at Americans! How can it get any better than that?

If it's such a Wonderful Carribean Resort - why don't you and your family go there for vacation?

I guess you have not seen the BBC Documentary called Guantanamo Guidebook? I think you can watch it on Google Video for free also. Anyway, it was an experiment by the BBC, who made an EXACT copy of Gitmo detention center, and called up Volunteers to play the role of Prisoners for a while, when the Interrogators practice some of the "Interrogation technique" used by US in the real Gitmo on them. Most of those Volunteers were supporting this Illegal practice of torture and detention, like yourself do. They said, that those Terrorists deserved it before they joined this "Experiment". Well, after few hours most of them cracked like a little bunny. And ALL of them in the end said, that this is absolutely not a Humane way to treat prisoners of War in any way possible. But that was just after a few hours of Psychological pressure - no Violence whatsoever.

What goes on behinde the walls and fences of Guantanamo is another story.

Would you volunteer to be in such an Experiment skippy?

You would ofcourse eat well, have plenty to read and get to live is climate controlled quarters in the Caribbean as you said.

YEAH RIGHT!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:04 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
    Pyros:

Although your characterization is incorrect at worst, and debatable at best, I am cheered to see you at least provide me with enough justification to continue to enforce our current arrangement with this element.

If even the most virulent, anti-American, human rights-at-the-expense-of-all-else types like yourself can publicly admit that these people will most likely "get back to their countries of origin and to organize a terrorist cell to kill Americans".....well, then I feel perfectly justified in keeping them in our happy little Cuban gulag in the sun. They can get their 3 squares, plenty of vitamin E, and read the Holy Quran 'till the cows come home, and I'm happy to pay taxes for just that.

So your saying 'yes, we made them hate fuelled, vengence filled, future terrorists, so now we have an a good reason to keep torturing them?'

And you wonder why you got a terrorist problem? Breeding them aint the answer.

[edit on 11/5/06 by Mcphisto]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:05 PM
    link   

Gitmo is a spa for these people....And all they had to do to get there was shoot at Americans! How can it get any better than that?

I would never wish violence on anybody, but I almost cant wait until they attack again. Some of you will/may be affected, and your tune will change...

That's why so many have been released, I suppose? Or perhaps it was because the authorities realised they couldn't make charges stick? I know that you know that many prisoners have been released because you posted the quotation below on this ATS thread.

And you might care to remember that for many years the US government and its citizens supported the IRA terrorists. I myself left a building about 10 minutes before a bomb went off there. Yet by and large the British didn't hate the IRA or want them to get a bullet in the gut...

Now we can just kill them when they go home and pick up their weapons again.

And now we can save all the lavish accommodations we spend millions on providing for them

I wish they would release all of them. A plane ticket home, and a few bullets in the gut cost a great deal less than the millions we are spending each year at Club Gitmo

So much for 'never wishing violence on anybody'. And never mind the peculiar logic behind giving people a plane ticket home AND a bullet in the gut...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:05 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Code_Burger
    Our (British) Attorney General, Lord Peter Goldsmith, just called for the closure of the Guantanamo Bay Prison....

Gawd ... another foreigner trying to tell America what to do.

'Lord' Goldsmith is not OUR (American) anything and his opinion
    doesn't mean a blasted thing. He want's GITMO closed??? FINE.
    We will ship the terrorists over to his house and he can give 'em
    all a Chamberlain style hug.

He wouldn't last long ... they'd slit his throat the first chance they got.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:09 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Souljah

If it's such a Wonderful Carribean Resort - why don't you and your family go there for vacation?

I guess you have not seen the BBC Documentary called Guantanamo Guidebook? I think you can watch it on Google Video for free also. Anyway, it was an experiment by the BBC, who made an EXACT copy of Gitmo detention center, and called up Volunteers to play the role of Prisoners for a while, when the Interrogators practice some of the "Interrogation technique" used by US in the real Gitmo on them. Most of those Volunteers were supporting this Illegal practice of torture and detention, like yourself do. They said, that those Terrorists deserved it before they joined this "Experiment". Well, after few hours most of them cracked like a little bunny. And ALL of them in the end said, that this is absolutely not a Humane way to treat prisoners of War in any way possible. But that was just after a few hours of Psychological pressure - no Violence whatsoever.

What goes on behinde the walls and fences of Guantanamo is another story.

Would you volunteer to be in such an Experiment skippy?

You would ofcourse eat well, have plenty to read and get to live is climate controlled quarters in the Caribbean as you said.

YEAH RIGHT!

and that "experiment" proves about as much as the oprah special that had a white person dress as a black man and paid people to hassle them for being black.

If the BBC's method of experimentation reflects how europe's scientists experiment. well.....nuff said.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:11 PM
    link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Code_Burger
    Our (British) Attorney General, Lord Peter Goldsmith, just called for the closure of the Guantanamo Bay Prison....

Gawd ... another foreigner trying to tell America what to do.

'Lord' Goldsmith is not OUR (American) anything and his opinion
    doesn't mean a blasted thing. He want's GITMO closed??? FINE.
    We will ship the terrorists over to his house and he can give 'em
    all a Chamberlain style hug.

He wouldn't last long ... they'd slit his throat the first chance they got.

Oh the irony!!! Like as if the US doesnt tell the rest of the world what to do? And if you remember it is British soldiers blood lying on that sand, so does that mean anything? Because I am pretty sure there will be more British blood spilt while the US carries on ****ing up the world! And we Brits show you how to fight battles you cant fight on your own.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:12 PM
    link   

Originally posted by rich23
    we're anti-Gitmo,

... because it's the 'in' thing to be and you haven't got a clue
    as to how important it is for the war on terror.

anti-torture
    if you really were anti-torture
    then you'd be anti-terrorist.

and pro-human rights
    if you really were
    pro-human rights you'd be anti-terrorist. Those terrorists
    really know how to make sure that the female half of the
    population have equal rights, don't they??

we're anti-American.
    THAT explains why
    you side with throat slashing terrorists who want to drag
    the world back to the year 700.

Iraqi civilians killed this year by Islamic Terrorists - 2,261
    Iraqi civilians killed collaterally by Americans - 33

[edit on 5/11/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:13 PM
    link   
    As for "Lord" goldsmith calling for closure of gitmo......ummmm...who cares?

you think that will disuade the US military?

I have an idea.....if britain offers to take these people, lets give them to them.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:15 PM
    link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
    I have an idea.....if britain offers to take these people, lets give them to them.

Read the thread, its been covered.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:17 PM
    link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
    and that "experiment" proves about as much as the oprah special that had a white person dress as a black man and paid people to hassle them for being black.

If the BBC's method of experimentation reflects how europe's scientists experiment. well.....nuff said.

Would YOU Voluteer for souch a Puny "Experiemnt" then?

Actually, have you even SEEN IT - or are you just playin' smart without a real argument?

I have seen it, and I have seen Fear in eyes of a Man just like you, who supported Iraq war and torture of innocent people - well when he was playin' the role of the "Insurgent" he crapped and pissed in his pants.

I strongly suggest you watch it - just to maybe Expand your Horizont a tiny lil' bit.

And I also sense a little bit of Scepticizm towards European Scientists.

Ah - Yes, USA has the BEST, right?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:20 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
    Read the thread, its been covered.

Not at all. It is certainly open for more discussing.

If the yahoooos there think that GITMO is soooooo bad,
    then they should take 'em, hug 'em, rehabilitate 'em,
    sing them nice songs, and release 'em back into the wild.

That's what they'd do, right? Some loveydovey promote
    good karma group hug thing?

At GITMO they are fed better than they were when they were
    out terrorizing everyone. They get medical attention, better
    than they have ever had in their lives. But they also get
    incarcerated because they are TERRORISTS.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join