It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to become an exorcist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi 007
But whats the difference between the roman ritual exorcism and other exorcist rituals?

The roman catholic one uses roman catholic texts, the others use other texts. Voodoo exorcisms use voodoo, islamic casting out of demons probably reference the koran, some protestants simply touch the person on the forehead and the fall about the floor, flopping around. No one does anything like in that movie, which was based on a comic book.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RudyCanoza
I'd think more than twice about attempting an excorcist without proper training. As Father Malachai (sp) Martin said many times on his Coast To Coast appearances, if you try to exercise a demon and don't really know what you're doing, then the demon will haunt you for the rest of your life. Some priests have died during exorcisms from heart attack, etc.

Creapy.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here are the requirements of Gnosis, in order for one to perform esoteric healings/exorcisms.

My notes in blue:

Rules for the Gnostic Medic

1. It is forbidden for the Gnostic Doctor to eat any type of meat. (Editor's Note: Samael later revised this statement when he discovered that the Initiate needs to consume the Tattwa Tejas, which is abundant in red meat.

2. It is totally forbidden for the Gnostic Doctor to fornicate(or reach orgasm).

3. Every Gnostic Doctor must be saintly.

4. Every Gnostic Doctor must be clean of vices.

5. Every Gnostic Doctor must be married.

6. Every Gnostic Doctor is obliged to practice sexual magic daily in order to awaken the Kundalini(sexual magic without ever reaching orgasm).

7. Every Gnostic Doctor must practice the exercises of occult meditation and vocalization daily.

8. The Gnostic Doctor must possess infinite charity and infinite sweetness.

9. The Gnostic Doctor can only practice sexual magic with his priestess spouse/her priest spouse.

10. The Gnostic Doctor can never be adulterous.

Many priests think or believe that they have the gift of the Holy Spirit.

But the reality is, is that if they don't have the secret of the Great Arcanum, then chances are, that they are a fornicator; as one has to know how to channel the sexual force in order to remain chaste.

Without chastity, the Holy Spirit will not work through us.

Believing in Jesus isn't enough to sublimate this Omnipotent Force.

We have to live as Yeshua did, in order to perform the miracles that he predicted his followers would perform.

The average single celibate priests either carry the malignant Poisonioonoskirian vibrations, due to represssion; or masturbate miserably because they don't know how to transmute.

The average married priest fornicates with his wife, because he does not know about sexual magic.

A single person can stay physically chaste for an indefinite period of time, through transmutation practices for bachelors; such as pranayama, meditation/prayer, physical exercise, visualization, mantra, etc.

But in the internal worlds, he or she eventually fails; unless he or she is working with the Flaming Forge of Vulcan with a spouse of the opposite sex.

"We must transform our mechanical and morbid sub-imagination and our automatic and lustful infra-imagination into the imagination of a newborn child. This kind of transformation is possible only with a special type of help, which comes from our Divine Mother Kundalini, the igneous serpent of our magical powers.

It is necessary to know how to pray to the Divine Serpent, asking Her, begging Her, to perform the miracle of transforming the subjective and mechanical imagination into that of a newborn baby. Only the Divine Mother, the Sacred Serpent, can transform the morbid sub-imagination and the bestial infra-imagination into the innocent imagination of a newborn baby.

If any esoteric student is subjected to terrible sexual tests in the internal worlds, without having first passed through long periods of daily Sexual Magic, he will fail lamentably, losing his seminal liquid in nocturnal pollutions. Without Sexual Magic, without the Maithuna, Arcanum A.Z.F., it is impossible to advance on the initiatic path."

- From the S.A.W. lecture "Sexual Energy"

It is taught that in order to truly heal, we have to be walking the Path of becoming "Kings and Priests of Nature according to the Order of Melchizedek".

This is the Path of the Razor's Edge.

Degrees given through religious dogmas and external orders don't really mean much.

The Path of Initiation by Christ is completely Internal.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
this thread caught my eye...anyway was wondering abt something related...

what happens "in real life" when someone is possessed?
i mean ive seen all the exorcist movies and recently an american haunting...so do people really start floating on their bed or what...man that would be scary to watch

how do you get possessed anyway? hollywood seems to project young girls usually...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpanishFly
this thread caught my eye...anyway was wondering abt something related...

what happens "in real life" when someone is possessed?
i mean ive seen all the exorcist movies and recently an american haunting...so do people really start floating on their bed or what...man that would be scary to watch

how do you get possessed anyway? hollywood seems to project young girls usually...

Well I guess that you can levitate and do some super powers if you are possessed by a high ranking demon. And plus the demon can do so only if he wants to you can't force it.

This is just my guess though so I may be wrong. Thats how i think.

Oh and btw Tamahu what kind of rules are those you posted? What does exorcism have to do with kundalini and sex?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan[

Heck, you could perform the RCC rite of exorcism, unsanctioned by the church. It consists of little more than reading a prayer.

So what else besides a prayer?

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Jedi 007]

A tremendous amount of faith and the Grace of God. Constantine is a comic book and movie character. I acknowledge and agree that other religions have exorcism rituals. I also maintain that those who practice exorcism are pious in their own ritual. I am a deeply devout man and I would be very, very frightened to confront a demon. Exorcisms burn out devout priests, men who were secure in their faith. All the Adversary needs in one flaw, one chink in the armor, and you are meat for Satan.

Please be very careful about playing around with forces that we don't really understand. No one in their right mind would grab a fallen powerline. Dying is the least of your worries when you mess around with the Infernal. The very nature of occult 'research' is dangerous at best.

If you are that curious about the nature of evil, read the Demonologist. Also, Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin has just been re-released. This is a book about the trials of several exorcists and the price they paid for their courage.

Again, please don't play around with this -

God Bless you one and all.....

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
North American Indian Shaman of all sorts do a wonderfull job of ridding one of an unwanted spirit.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Census
North American Indian Shaman of all sorts do a wonderfull job of ridding one of an unwanted spirit.

Absolutely - they fall under the category of other religions. I am of the personal belief that you can call your god Cabbage - it's pretty much the same God. After all,

"In my Father's house are many mansions (dwelling places); if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a mansion (a dwelling place) for you."
John 14:2

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The Holy Bible

Mark 6:7
7 And he called his twelve disciples together and sent them out two by two, with authority to cast out evil spirits. 8 He told them to take nothing with them except a walking stick--no food, no traveler's bag, no money. 9 He told them to wear sandals but not to take even an extra coat. 10 "When you enter each village, be a guest in only one home," he said. 11 "And if a village won't welcome you or listen to you, shake off its dust from your feet as you leave. It is a sign that you have abandoned that village to its fate." 12 So the disciples went out, telling all they met to turn from their sins. 13 And they cast out many demons and healed many sick people, anointing them with olive oil.

Mark 9:38
38 John said to Jesus, "Teacher, we saw a man using your name to cast out demons, but we told him to stop because he isn't one of our group."
39 "Don't stop him!" Jesus said. "No one who performs miracles in my name will soon be able to speak evil of me. 40 Anyone who is not against us is for us. 41 If anyone gives you even a cup of water because you belong to the Messiah, I assure you, that person will be rewarded.

Mark 16:15
15 And then he told them, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere. 16 Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. 17 These signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak new languages. 18 They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won't hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick and heal them."

James 2:14
14 Dear brothers and sisters, what's the use of saying you have faith if you don't prove it by your actions? That kind of faith can't save anyone. 15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who needs food or clothing, 16 and you say, "Well, good-bye and God bless you; stay warm and eat well"--but then you don't give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
17 So you see, it isn't enough just to have faith. Faith that doesn't show itself by good deeds is no faith at all--it is dead and useless.
18 Now someone may argue, "Some people have faith; others have good deeds." I say, "I can't see your faith if you don't have good deeds, but I will show you my faith through my good deeds."
19 Do you still think it's enough just to believe that there is one God? Well, even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror!

[edit on 21-5-2006 by checkers]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
hmm

1) Wash the demonic person with holy water, then make him drink a bottle or two
2) Draw a cross or two on the demonic person
3) Recite the bible to the demonic person
4) DO NOT SPEAK to the demonic person or he can manipulate you
5) Put on some modern christian music
6) Make them then watch disney movie for 24 hours straight...

repeat..until the demon leaves the body...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
does it not say in the bible that christ gave us the power to "over the serpant" oohh darn it i can't remember but somewhere in ther he does an exorcism in front of the apostles and he tells that we (humanity) are given such power so i don't think we need the church to give us any command. i will look into it if anyone wanst and let u know exactly where it's at

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i am so sorry i didn't realize that someone already posted the info i offered. SO SORRY my bad!!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonwoolf appollonia
does it not say in the bible that christ gave us the power to "over the serpant" oohh darn it i can't remember but somewhere in ther he does an exorcism in front of the apostles and he tells that we (humanity) are given such power so i don't think we need the church to give us any command. i will look into it if anyone wanst and let u know exactly where it's at

So afterall you don't have to be a priest to perform an exorcism?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Well I thought about something like Constantine. He was not a priest and he could perform exorcism. So is that possible or is it just made up for the movie?
I saw that movie the demon was excorsized using magic.That goes to show that there are manifestations of demons with forms.

The scariest movie was "The Haunted" the old version.Based on a true story.Ever scarier then the excorsist they rarely show that movie because it's too scary.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I saw that movie the demon was excorsized using magic.That goes to show that there are manifestations of demons with forms

Exorcism using magick? Hmm strange. I thought that magick is satanic and then how can a demon(s) get scared from magick if it is satanic?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
the bible says "these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name they shall cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues" mark16:17

belonging to jesus is paramont to casting out or exorcizing demons if your not a born again fire babtized child of the king, you may wind up possessed by the demon your trying to cast out

also the person your trying to deliver has to want to be deliverd from the demon if not, your spinning your wheels

[edit on 31-5-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Jedi,

Do not think so lowly of exorcism. Its an extremely dangerous and difficult craft to perform. You are not only risking your physical body, but also your soul. Many priests and exorcists have died, gone into a coma, or had heart attacks during exorcisms.

I personally have witnessed somebody getting possessed by a demon in my church. And since the possession took place in the house of God, the demon was definiteley above average. The person who was possessed is a pastor called Pastor Liu. The possession took place during a prayer session, and it was by far the scariest thing I've seen. There was no levitating, or projectile vomit, simply painful convulsions would overtake him. In this case, we did not actually use an Exorcist to exorcise him, but instead the entire church prayed in tongues. After about 2 hours he was back to normal.

Another case happened to a member of our church. Demons invaded her house one day and she claimed to see shadows dancing on the walls all around her. When she tried praying, she felt a strong hand grab her throat and squeeze it to the point that she could not breathe. She actually ended up fainting in her room, and having a vision in which she was standing in the middle of hell. But during the vision, Hell was enveloped in bright light and she woke up in her room unharmed. Thank God that the demons had been forced from her home, but she ended up moving to a different home because of that experience.

My point is, do not become an exorcist if you are the faint of heart. Sure, the easy demons can be exorcised with some holy water and a few prayers, but the big ones are the demons who cause deaths and chaos.

I've heard of instances in which exorcists would have to perform extremely long rituals to exorcise the strong demons. In extreme cases, exorcists need to call upon angels and archangels such as Uriel and Michael. In doing so, you must burn incenses according to which angel you need and have absolute faith and courage in the face of literal death. Exorcists have a deep connection with heavenly spirits, such as seraphim and angels, and the more powerful the exorcist, the more easily he can summon these powerful beings. I learned these things from my pastors, who travel abroad and come into contact with many cases which involve demons.

Don't be an exorcist if you think you cant take it!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Jedi,

Do not think so lowly of exorcism. Its an extremely dangerous and difficult craft to perform. You are not only risking your physical body, but also your soul. Many priests and exorcists have died, gone into a coma, or had heart attacks during exorcisms.

I personally have witnessed somebody getting possessed by a demon in my church. And since the possession took place in the house of God, the demon was definiteley above average. The person who was possessed is a pastor called Pastor Liu. The possession took place during a prayer session, and it was by far the scariest thing I've seen. There was no levitating, or projectile vomit, simply painful convulsions would overtake him. In this case, we did not actually use an Exorcist to exorcise him, but instead the entire church prayed in tongues. After about 2 hours he was back to normal.

Another case happened to a member of our church. Demons invaded her house one day and she claimed to see shadows dancing on the walls all around her. When she tried praying, she felt a strong hand grab her throat and squeeze it to the point that she could not breathe. She actually ended up fainting in her room, and having a vision in which she was standing in the middle of hell. But during the vision, Hell was enveloped in bright light and she woke up in her room unharmed. Thank God that the demons had been forced from her home, but she ended up moving to a different home because of that experience.

My point is, do not become an exorcist if you are the faint of heart. Sure, the easy demons can be exorcised with some holy water and a few prayers, but the big ones are the demons who cause deaths and chaos.

I've heard of instances in which exorcists would have to perform extremely long rituals to exorcise the strong demons. In extreme cases, exorcists need to call upon angels and archangels such as Uriel and Michael. In doing so, you must burn incenses according to which angel you need and have absolute faith and courage in the face of literal death. Exorcists have a deep connection with heavenly spirits, such as seraphim and angels, and the more powerful the exorcist, the more easily he can summon these powerful beings. I learned these things from my pastors, who travel abroad and come into contact with many cases which involve demons.

Don't be an exorcist if you think you cant take it!

I see. But I know that you can risk your physical body but your soul? I thought that God protects you during the exorcim?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Dude you sound like a complete fool. You say you want to be an exorcist yet have no idea what type you want to be. If you are catholic then you clearly cannot do "proper" exorcisms. Yeah sure you can read a few words from the bible and throw around some holy water but do you really think what you are doing is going to be safe for you and the person who is possessed. The catholic exocists are incredibly devout people who know an incredible amount about the bible and christianity. If you are not willing to devote your life to god and the chuch to become a priest and possibly go on to become an exorcist then catholic exorcism is not for you.

Surely the type of exocist you want to become is based on your beliefs? If you are catholic then you train as a priest and maybe become an exorcist. If you are protestant you do what is required to become a protestant exorcist.

However, what it sounds like to me is you dont care what religion you follow as long as you can "banish some demons". Exorcists no matter what religion they follow are incredibly devout people and I am sure started out as a holy person and did not specifically set out to become an exorcist.

Yeah you can go around with only semi-serious religious beliefs and barely any knowledge of the religion. But what you would be doing would be outrageous. You would try and exorcise people when your knowledge is alot less than people who have spent tens of years as priests and have devoted their life to god. If you did not do properly they could die or suffer serious psychological harm.

You have approached this in a totally wrong way. If you were serious about doing exorcisms you would say something like the following : -

I am [Insert Religion] and have been so for 12 years. I have attend [Insert Religions Holy Building] weekly and have studied my religion in school for 6 years. I have decided that I want to devote my life to helping others and find the area of exoricism particulalry interesting. I understand that I will have to spend many years improving my knowledge of my religion and as stated earlier am willing to devote my life to doing it. How would I go about becoming an exoricist within [insert religion]

Instead yours seems to be the following: -

I want to be an exorcist as I watched some films and it looks cool. I am not particularly religious but am willing to change religion and beliefs so i can become an exorcist as quickly as possible. I dont want to wait 10-20 years to become one. I dont care about not being truly devout or the harm i could cause others through lack of faith and training.

You have seen a film think it would be cool but quite frankly dont have the faith or time to spend becoming a "proper" exorcist. Reading a book is not enough but i guess thats about as much work as your willing to put in. Sure go ahead and become an exoricst from reading a book but when someone is not treated properly and suffers from it whether mentally or physically maybe you would regret taking up a profession which requires great faith and training.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Herbaliser
Dude you sound like a complete fool. You say you want to be an exorcist yet have no idea what type you want to be. If you are catholic then you clearly cannot do "proper" exorcisms. Yeah sure you can read a few words from the bible and throw around some holy water but do you really think what you are doing is going to be safe for you and the person who is possessed. The catholic exocists are incredibly devout people who know an incredible amount about the bible and christianity. If you are not willing to devote your life to god and the chuch to become a priest and possibly go on to become an exorcist then catholic exorcism is not for you.

Surely the type of exocist you want to become is based on your beliefs? If you are catholic then you train as a priest and maybe become an exorcist. If you are protestant you do what is required to become a protestant exorcist.

However, what it sounds like to me is you dont care what religion you follow as long as you can "banish some demons". Exorcists no matter what religion they follow are incredibly devout people and I am sure started out as a holy person and did not specifically set out to become an exorcist.

Yeah you can go around with only semi-serious religious beliefs and barely any knowledge of the religion. But what you would be doing would be outrageous. You would try and exorcise people when your knowledge is alot less than people who have spent tens of years as priests and have devoted their life to god. If you did not do properly they could die or suffer serious psychological harm.

You have approached this in a totally wrong way. If you were serious about doing exorcisms you would say something like the following : -

I am [Insert Religion] and have been so for 12 years. I have attend [Insert Religions Holy Building] weekly and have studied my religion in school for 6 years. I have decided that I want to devote my life to helping others and find the area of exoricism particulalry interesting. I understand that I will have to spend many years improving my knowledge of my religion and as stated earlier am willing to devote my life to doing it. How would I go about becoming an exoricist within [insert religion]

Instead yours seems to be the following: -

I want to be an exorcist as I watched some films and it looks cool. I am not particularly religious but am willing to change religion and beliefs so i can become an exorcist as quickly as possible. I dont want to wait 10-20 years to become one. I dont care about not being truly devout or the harm i could cause others through lack of faith and training.

You have seen a film think it would be cool but quite frankly dont have the faith or time to spend becoming a "proper" exorcist. Reading a book is not enough but i guess thats about as much work as your willing to put in. Sure go ahead and become an exoricst from reading a book but when someone is not treated properly and suffers from it whether mentally or physically maybe you would regret taking up a profession which requires great faith and training.

Well I am very divoted to God and I am Orthodox Christian. And I have not much knowledge about exorcisms so I am asking questions so no need to be so rude to me lol.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join