It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran To Financially Support Hamas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
la2

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Following the US and European decision to cut funding Palastinian aid, Iran has today pledged £30 million (or $50 million) to fill the gaps. This is following guarantees from Moscow that Russia would also give money to the new government.

news.bbc.co.uk
The US Treasury this week further tightened the screws on Palestinian cash by banning American nationals from doing business with the Hamas-led authority.

'Work with Hamas'

Iran's Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said Iran was determined to help the Palestinians.

"I am honoured to announce that Iran has donated $50m to help the Palestinian nation," he said in a televised speech.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is yet another twist in the Iran story that will add further strains upon its relations with the west, specifically the United States. It is aiding its neighbours, but it does so in the knowledge that it has stirred up futher suspition from the west concerning its ambitions in the region in the future.

This is a trying time, and i have to say that judging by recent events, who knows what is to follow in coming months, and could this see Bush legitimise an attack on the grounds that Iran supporting an Hamas heaed government in Palestinian territiry constitutes 'financing and harbouring terrorists'?

Related News Links:
www.ynetnews.com
www.voanews.com
www.radionz.co.nz
www.iht.com

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Their only interest is that the Palestinian people do not die from hunger and disease. Virtually all aid money has been cut from the Palestinians, I think an extra $50 million is better than $0 to help these people.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I doubt that Iran is giving aid to Hamas for humanitarian purposes alone. If that were the case then Iran would have been giving aid before Hamas took office. Iran is putting itself on the spot like they've got something to prove or accomplish and its first goal is defying western policies and idealogies. They are trying to influence palestine to continue to make peace in the region w/ Isreal more difficult.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
as much as ive defended iran im really starting to believe they just want to push the US war mongers. these people im starting to believe really want war and nothing else. i voted this up because im officially against defending iran. im done with these leaders doing just about everything to piss off a nation as stupid and warmongering as the US. they want war as much as these prowar nuts over here. let em have it then, let the US fall to, screw em we all have it coming.

everyone wants war, fine let em all bomb the world to hell...im sick and tired of watching these moron leaders play chicken with our lives.

sorry im in a bit of a pissed off mood, so just disregard me if i say something stupid.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I see... so you condone the Palestinian government having no aid whatsoever? Iran gave them money because everyone else stopped. Thats fine though. I guess its ok for the Palestinian people to die of starvation now. Would make this whole rights to land thing muh easier I guess.

Ok I will jump on the bandwagon. Iran needs to take back the money and convince other Muslims not to give them any so that their people may starve and die and the whole debate can be over with forever.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
No sane person would condone any under previliged government from obtaining the necessary means of providing for its people. However when your using those means for politics it becomes twisted and warped. I mean there has to be some reason why europe and U.S. aren't giving aid and its not because they just don't feel like it. Its because they want peace to prosper and not regimes.

Hamas originated from a militant group that won't even recognize the existance of Isreal and therefore prohibiting talks w/ Isreal from being productive towards commuting w/ eachother and not against each other.

Its not coincidence that Iran stepped in to reinforce their own ideaoligies w/ financial aid rather then pressuring Hamas to withdraw from hostility.

[edit on 4/17/2006 by Nathabeanz]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Look if Iran had not stepped up and given any aid, then thos epeople would have been alot worse. Why does it have to be political. It stepped in because everyne else cut them off.

Lets say this. your neighbor has had his house forclosed on, and all banks have cut off his credit. He has been fired from his job and makes no mone, and all of his accounts have been frozen. Do you live him out to starve and die because everyone has cut him off, or do you offer him shelter and food until he can get a plan going?

I wonder how you will all react if the biblical revelation came true and you had dear family and relatives who were on the run from the world because they chose not to accept the mark of the beast and therefore are unable to not only participate financially in the world, but are persecuted for it! Will you help them with food and water, or turn them in to the devil.

Iran only intentions is that they see their fellow brothers and sisters of faith do not starve because the world governments have cut them off from any monetary assistance. Any Christians would do the same for their own people.

Hamas has yet to attack Israel since they came into power, I am willing to forgive their past and give them another chance, especially for the sake of the civilians who now count on them. Others are not so forgiving.

[edit on 4/17/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
sorry i was pretty aggervated last night. i don't blame the palestinians at all. That doesn't change the fact that it seems as though iran is deliberately attempting to sabotage whatever actions we take. They seem to want to make us angry. To me they are starting to try and cause problems.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
finally, progress,

a united enemy, is better then a scattered one.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I would like to add other points. Iran is not undermining anything. The US and Europe and the rest of the world chose not to give them any money. For Iran to undermine this, it would mean they are getting those to give money again. The only efforts they may be undermining is the starvation and suffering (as if they dont suffer enough) of the palestinian people.

And I would like to go on about forgiveness if I may. Germany launched one of the biggest unprovoked attacks in history which created the largest war in human history, only years after they had started the previous worst war of all time. It can also be said Germany's actions against a specific race of people helped instigate the situation we are all pondering over now. Germany was forgiven after being conquered. Hamas, as an organization, only waged what they believed was a fight for independance, nowhere near the scale of what happened during the World Wars. Now they have been DEMOCRATICALLY electe to lead the people of this nation, and have since ceased their attacks against the state of Israel in order to try a different approach to their goal.

Call me a terrorist traitor liberal hippy if you want, but I believe that deserves forgiveness and a chance to be dealt with justly.

EDIT: Spelling errors

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
if you want to forgive Hammas, why don't you take it one step further and go help them rebuild? You know kind of like a new form of the Peace Corp.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You know I would love too. Of course I am sure I will be either arrested by the Israelies as a terrorist accomplice, or if that actually does not happen I will possibly be arrested by my own government upon my return for treason and funding a "terrorist organization". I would be happy to send them money, in fact I will try to. As an individual it would be meager and I would have little effect on the population as a whole. I just hope I do not get arrested for "funding a terrorist organization". Many of you would probably enjoy that to happen to me.

I just want it to be known I would prefer a group of people not have to suffer unnecessarily than to accuse those of actually trying to help them of having some political agenda. If I thought like some of yall I suppose I would believe the majoriy who donated to the Katrina effort were simply in it for the tax deductions.

In recent months, citizens of Western nations, including Americans, involved in pro-Palestinian volunteer efforts were assaulted and injured in the Occupied Territories by Israeli settlers and harassed by the IDF. Those taking part in demonstrations, non-violent resistance, and “direct action," are advised to cease such activity for their own safety.

Source

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's noble of you to think about going over there if you truly believe what you say. I think you could go over there at your risk, and I think if you did survive you could return to the U.S. without incident, during a democratic administration, maybe not republican for the short term. If you want to donate I would definately spend some time investigating to who it's to and what's it for stuff...

Personally, I think if there were more Americans like you who wanted to go over there to "improve the situation" it would help greatly. Understanding and compassion are crucial parts to ending war, especially in one that is tending to drag on.

The problem with the situation is supposedly, and I believe there are, people over there who would want to seek you out and kill you. Especially some of their religious leaders and their followers.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Palestine is a region that doesn't have any other source of income but what aid is given to them by other nations including Israel.

The aid money goes for everything in the country from paying salaries to school and occurs many also believe that it goes into financing terrorist.

But the truth is that while terrorist will still be financed under the table by nations in the middle east including Saudi Arabia.

The people is the one that is suffering the most without aid.

Iran is openly giving aid to Palestine and that is their choice rather than see the people die of hunger.

Nothing has change in Palestine since election, the country has a new leadership that is not favored the US and allies, but still the people is the same and the country reminds the same.

Taken money away because the government is not favored is a punishment to the citizens because they do not bend to the desires of more powerful countries.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
ok, so what should we do about it?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
OK, so what should we do about it?

Remember that before Hamas Palestine and Israel has been on and off into each others.

And they were still getting aid.

Now Hamas was chosen for leadership, the people is still the same, Israel and Palestine are still at each others neck.

So what is the difference?

Now Palestine is without aid, who will suffer?

Terrorist will still be financed by the interest groups front nations in the middle east that needs somebody else to do their dirty job for them.

What has change? just the name on the leadership.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Some may or may not find this surprising and related. Quatar has just ante'd-up for $50M USD too. It'll make the morning news and maybe the 11:00PM some places. Um, what does this say about Quatar? Is this consistent behaviour or a real change of pragmatism? I thought they were allied with the US, hmmm. Maybe not.
Maybe better think on this - why now? Does this start the chain reaction of division within the Arab nations whose governments are aligned with the US and whose peoples may not be so inclined to offer such allegiance?
I see a "with-us-or-agin-us" crossing of the Rubicon before the end of the week. Next week or two will indeed be divisive at best.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by Low Orbit
OK, so what should we do about it?

Remember that before Hamas Palestine and Israel has been on and off into each others.

And they were still getting aid.

Now Hamas was chosen for leadership, the people is still the same, Israel and Palestine are still at each others neck.

So what is the difference?

Terrorist will still be financed by the interest groups front nations in the middle east that needs somebody else to do their dirty job for them.

What has change? just the name on the leadership.

ok, so what do we do?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I agree, and both parts will suffer, more poverty equals more people that consider blowing them self up as a serious option. This is quite basic stuff to understand, I´m sure all the leaders of the west knows this but understands that terrorists are good for the western economy, it justify occupation in the oilrich mideast.
Israel vs Palestine is a symbol of the whole thing.

Russia wants a piece of the cake, China wants a piece of the cake.
Iran wants to keep the war outside the borders.
Quatar? I don´t know. Maybe they see their chance to get loose from the leach around there neck.

So, what shall we do about it? ctrl alt del and choose another operativ system on startup?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaftDebunk

I agree, and both parts will suffer, more poverty equals more people that consider blowing them self up as a serious option. This is quite basic stuff to understand, I´m sure all the leaders of the west knows this but understands that terrorists are good for the western economy, it justify occupation in the oilrich mideast.
Israel vs Palestine is a symbol of the whole thing.

Russia wants a piece of the cake, China wants a piece of the cake.
Iran wants to keep the war outside the borders.
Quatar? I don´t know. Maybe they see their chance to get loose from the leach around there neck.

So, what shall we do about it? ctrl alt del and choose another operativ system on startup?

they dont blow themselves up because they are poor they do it because their religious leaders tell them to, where does the problem lie?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join