It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: The wupy returns.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

PODcast: The wupy returns.
Sorry to have been gone so long. I got a bit busy : )

length: 07:11
file: btstpod_1613.mp3
size: 1683k
feed: btst

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
lol Gread pod cast !

I really enjoyed that, And Gosh yes its interesting the differences then and now, I guess we never really realize just how far we have come,

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh, Mrwupy! It's so good to hear your voice today!

My dad was born in 1906 and lived to 83. He would have been 100 this year.

When I was born (in the late 50s) we did not have a bathroom in our farmhouse! I remember at about 3 years old, finally getting an indoor bathroom! My sister and I used to go out to the outhouse together. It was a 2 seater.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was born in 1960 and my family always had the indoor plumbing, but our neighbors didn't. Yeppers, we were the snobs of the neighborhood.

I assure you, there is nothing worse than white trash with a superiority complex. But oh did I have fun in those young years. Sitting on my grandfathers lap, my first tricycle and always having dinner around a large table filled with family members.

I miss it.

I've talked to many people who believe in reincarnation and they say the worst part is the early years when your trying to figure it all out and come to grips with who and why you are. For me, those are the best years. When your safe and warm and loved.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The wage statistics aren't taking the ridiculous levels of inflation and currency devaluation into consideration. At least in Canada, a dollar from 1900 has a value of about 6 cents now.

The amount of inventions is just absolutely mind-boggling in the past 100 years. Especially electricity. Turn off all the electricity in your house, and try to do something, anything. You will be bored out of your mind in about 5 minutes, unable to cook or entertain yourself. Sometimes I wish we weren't so ridiculously dependant on electricity, but I guess that's how things go. I'm sure glad we have it, anyway
. So yeah, we've gone to living in log cabins and riding horses, to living in skyscrapers the size of mountains and travelling in OUTER SPACE (depending if you believe in the moon landing or not
).

I have two theories, either that we have hit the plateau in "revolutionary new growth", and we will just start to make small improvements, or else the next 100 years are going to be so ridiculous that you can't even begin to imagine the kinds of things that are goin to be done and invented. I'm very surprised that old people aren't in a sense of techno-shock from all of the new stuff going on around them. Well, I guess many of them probably are.

And yeah, my childhood was also my favourite part of my life. Especially grades 7/8. It's all gone downhill from there. Although I guess I have lived in some of the best times ever. All this crazy technology, essentially no wars (at least not affecting Canada), and I can honestly say I have never been hungry. Came right after that big recession in the 80's, and everything has been pretty good since

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
niice job wupy...

you should make more humer ones...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the great welcome back to podworld. I plan on making many more podcasts in the near future, I just have to set aside the time and come up with something I believe the membership may be interested in listening to. I promise I won't let you down.

Love and light my friends,

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
OMG! What the hell?

The reverend Wupy is -->YOUNGER

join