It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engine I.D

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I noticed this in a few images, it looks like an engine of some sort. Can anybody say if it is from a 757?

MOD EDIT: Fixed image link

[edit on 26-3-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Can you provide a link to your original pictures so we can look at them ourselves?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yes of course, its on the DOD site with a file name of DM-SD-02-03909.

I so wanted to use your method....
The images are from here, just search for "pentagon", there are literally dozens of them and all in high resolution.

Don't forget all images in the public domain are vetted by the Government.
And besides, the original high-res image which started off the whole thread is on the same server and probably originated from there anyway

www.dodmedia.osd.mil...

But i am not here to give people the run around.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
We need a pic that has something in it to get an idea of the size.

It's hard to tell one engine from another in a pic like that, but to get an idea of size would help a lot.

There is another pic floating around of an engine sitting next to an SUV. If it is an engine in that pic it's far to big to be a turbo-fan. Looked more like an A3 Skywarrior size engine, which is one theory floating around.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Links
The images are from here, just search for "pentagon", there are literally dozens of them and all in high resolution.

Ah yes but you forgot one thing. I wasn't trying to con people by showing a tiny portion of the poorest picture out of a series which included some much clearer ones to try and stir up heated debate over nothing (isn't that called trolling?). You also forget that at the time (as I said) I was in a hurry as I was just leaving for work and I would post more information later (which I did), I also posted exact file locations on request. But then I have nothing to hide... Would you mind elaborating further on why you do not wish to post the exact locations of the files so our many readers can participate in the investigation, or is this a childish vendetta against little old me? Perhaps you are once again trying to con everyone?
Which is it, you haven't left yourself with any other options realistically...

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Originally posted by The Links

Ah yes but you forgot one thing. I wasn't trying to con people by showing a tiny portion of the poorest picture out of a series which included some much clearer ones to try and stir up heated debate over nothing (isn't that called trolling?). You also forget that at the time (as I said) I was in a hurry as I was just leaving for work and I would post more information later (which I did), I also posted exact file locations on request. But then I have nothing to hide... Would you mind elaborating further on why you do not wish to post the exact locations of the files so our many readers can participate in the investigation, or is this a childish vendetta against little old me? Perhaps you are once again trying to con everyone?
Which is it, you haven't left yourself with any other options realistically...

Ah now i am a conman troll providing poor pictures. Cheers.
You want me to elaborate further, well ok, i am not willing to trawl thru 2950 images at the dod server to find a file for you, sorry. I have provided the file name which i was lucky enough to take the time and name each file from that server.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by The Links]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
LOL you made me 'trawl' the server for the links to my images and I returned them as requested, how about returning the favour or do you want everyone else to do all the work? Maybe these are delaying tactics....
The same way you couldn't trust me, I can't trust you. Even less so actually because we've already seen your dishonesty at work in the past, so how about it... Pretty please

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
LOL so i did, drat.
Let me see what i can come up with, not spending more than 30mins on this, im golfing in the morning.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Why would they make someone who is obviously biased a moderater?

So anybody who doesn't follow your thinking will be considered a troll now?
And any thread that you don't like will be locked ala...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You just going to moderate away any non-believers of the official story?

You know, just asking?

[edit on 25/3/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I had made a slight mistake with the file number but never mind.
www.dodmedia.osd.mil...

Somebody mentioned the skywarrior engine, here it is www.pratt-whitney.com... well well well.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by The Links]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Even less so actually because we've already seen your dishonesty at work in the past, so how about it... Pretty please

I did not get that far into your message to notice what you actually said.
Making out i am dishonest is disgusting really imo, could you please provide evidence of my dishonesty. If you can't you should not be a moderator here.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Looking at the picture posted from the DOD site, and I don't know if anybody covered this before, but why the cave in on the right hand side of the impact? Has that ever been explained by anyone?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Why would they make someone who is obviously biased a moderater?

I don't think he can do anything unless you actually break a rule. I don't think Smith's the kind of person that would be abusive of power, either. So it should work out.

There's too much back-and-forth around here in general to justify doing anything biased anyway.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The image server i used canceled my account, i had to setup another account elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Apologies the Links, I was probably being rather hasty and suffering from a lapse of judgement. What you did was no different than what I do when I post resized images with zoomed in detail without the original source. I should know all to well that after you've spent hours combing things for any clues the last thing on your mind is putting together a dossier!
I hope you accept my apology, and I have taken the liberty of editing your original post to accomodate your image, now it has changed location.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yes of course i accept your apology.

I will just assume you include the dishonesty charge in that apology, and move on.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yes I do, I take back what I said about you being dishonest. There is no evidence for that, I just misread your actions, and it was an uncalled for remark.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Agent Smith, maybe I misjudged you. I hope so.

(sry no more OT)

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Thank you Agent Smith, we can now all move on.

So back to my question.

Can anybody ID the above engine.
In other images the engine was first photographed as shown in the image above, a little later it is noticed on the back of the trailer, a little later than that both the trailer and the engine are removed from the area.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
because you posted this :
""I had made a slight mistake with the file number but never mind.
www.dodmedia.osd.mil... ""

which is a lowres JPG file (640x420 pixels) where you can't see anything laying there at that particular spot at all. Surely no engine.

It should be this hires JPEG file :
www.dodmedia.osd.mil...
(3000x1968 pixels).

So not a JPG but a JPEG (JPExpandedG), and not 03911 but 03910.
You nearly triggered all my paranoid trip-wires when your link suddenly seemed to be brought back to a lowres picture, after you posted that wrong link.
Hehhe, healed again....

I'm now going to look into your engine suggestion.
And the removal of it by truck, as you noticed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join