It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 231
<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Uhhm guys? this picture was taken recently at a museum in Chicago by a friend of mine. it's the mayan calendar, which I've never really looked at closely before. she didn't make anything of it, but apparently this thing is -huge- it's well over her height. she doesn't know how much taller, because it was up on a wall or something. I'm going to look around for more images. but hmm.

Notice the 8 arrows which remind me of chevrons.
and the inner ring, which contains hmmm symbols representing star constellations!
in the center appears to be an Aztec god or something? and above it is what appears to be something similar to the point of origin.

the other thing I stumbled upon is that maybe 2012 isn't so much a world end date. maybe the calendar was more of a countdown. maybe it was a time of visiting, when the 'gods' or whatever would come back to earth through the stargate.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by kronflux]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Was there any additional info or description?
Which museum was it?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hi Undo, I have been looking at your picture from the pottery vase, to me it looks like Two Male Warriors (Headresses & Penis) with captive female slaves. As you would know in ancient Egyptian battles the dead enemy had their hands cut off to keep a Tally (count) of the dead and they usually kept the females as slaves. Really good job by all in this thread, I find the knockers, to have closed minds and instead of ridiculing the posters they should just leave the thread but they want their 10 seconds of fame I suppose. BUT keep up the great work all, I for one an impressed.
Hump

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I just joined the site a couple weeks ago and have been reading this amazing thread for the last several days. I wanted to applaud you guys for the incredible research and work you've done with this subject. Two thumbs up from me!

I've been really interested in the part in Revelation that talks about the angel of the abyss that is referred to as 'Apollyon'. After some research I've found an interesting take on who this might be and wanted to pass the info on to everyone. Here's what I found....

"Though most reference works apply this name to some evil personage or force, the whole setting of the apocalyptic vision is to the contrary, as it consistently portrays angels being used by God to bring woes upon his enemies.

The use of the related verb apollymi illustrates this, as at James 4:12, which says of God: 'one there is that is lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy.' (Compare Mathew 10:28) The unclean spirit cast out of a man by Jesus as God's agent and said: 'What have we to do with you, Jusus you Nazarene? Did you come to destroy us?' (Mark 1:24; Luke 4:23) Jesus warned unrepentant opposers among his listeners of the danger of being destroyed. (Luke 13:3-5; 20:16) These and other texts point to the glorified Christ Jesus as the one most likely referred to by this title."

Have ever considered that 'Apollyon' is not the name of the angel of the abyss, but is one of the several titles that Jesus is given throughout the Bible?

I'll look forward to any responses and reasoning on this. Keep up the amazing work everyone. This has been one of the most thought provoking threads I've ever run across on the internet! I respect anyone who is willing to think outside the box and dig deep for the truth!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shasta9600

hi,

i considered that since he appears to be in possession of the key at one point. problem is, yeshua is more related to apollo's opposite -- Dionysus. that's not to say they are exactly the same, but the etymology and evolving storylines converge on several points. apollo is more enlil-like and dionysus is more enki-like. ya know? for example:

apollo is the god of order and strict adherence to rules.
dionysus is more laid-back and prefers a sort of orderly chaos, if that makes sense.

apollo has a strict work discipline.
dionysus thinks we should vacation to smell the wine from time to time.

and although these are obviously archetypes of different styles of rulers, the apollo premise is more old testament and the dionysus more new testament.

they do converge and diverge however. like yeshua believes in sobriety but he's not above turning water into wine.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

hi,

i considered that since he appears to be in possession of the key at one point. problem is, yeshua is more related to apollo's opposite -- Dionysus. that's not to say they are exactly the same, but the etymology and evolving storylines converge on several points. apollo is more enlil-like and dionysus is more enki-like. ya know? for example:

apollo is the god of order and strict adherence to rules.
dionysus is more laid-back and prefers a sort of orderly chaos, if that makes sense.

apollo has a strict work discipline.
dionysus thinks we should vacation to smell the wine from time to time.

and although these are obviously archetypes of different styles of rulers, the apollo premise is more old testament and the dionysus more new testament.

they do converge and diverge however. like yeshua believes in sobriety but he's not above turning water into wine.

Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that Jesus is not like 'Apollo', who is described as having a strict work discipline and is of order/adherance to rules?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

it's a comparative analysis.
as i mentioned, they diverge in areas and converge in others

for example, the law (strict adherence) was old testament.
but think about what paul says in the new testament about the law. he basically says that trying to live strict adherence to the law ends up being a bad thing. you fall into the same trap. the law begins to take precedent over compassion and common sense. thus the need for yeshua's approach.
strict adherence took a back seat to reason, compassion and sensible
responses.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Just my two cents of brazillian money...

I read in some posts people making connection between the war in Iraq and a stargate. Well, coincidently, almost ten years ago i was watching Big Brother Brasil, our version of that reality show, and one of the competitors inside the house, called Domini, said he followed the teachings of some guru who claimed that stargates ARE the reason there is so much war in that area of the world.

He also said that the movie Star Wars is based on a true story, BUT that Darth Vader is actually our savior and instead of wearing a black suit, he wears a white one.

Anyway, I'm not here providing hard evidence of anything. Just adding an entertaining piece of information to this already interesting thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This thread is fun, but contains nothing to justify it's title.

It should be called:

"Wouldn't be cool if stargates are real, though there's no proof AT ALL that they are, were or will be."

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Man, this thread certainly has some staying power.

I apologize that I haven't made it thru all 6 trillion posts
, but have there been any decent shows/videos done on the subject? I'd love to learn more.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

perhaps. however, i had to start with a hypothesis and work from there. it wasn't as if i just up one day and decided stargates are real. the entire thing started with the reference in revelation 9 to a thing called "the bottomless pit" somewhere in the euphrates river, or rather, under the euphrates river. the trail lead back to ancient sumer and the abzu, which is the abyss, the original word used to describe the bottomless pit as well.

further research has lead to suggest that the entire universe was ALSO created in a similar fashion, just on a much grander scale.

watch this (you won't be sorry)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
How could some Ancient civilization possibly generate enough power to actually create Stargates?

They've got to get their energy sources from somewhere?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rigin

Quantum wormholes could carry people
www.newscientist.com...

Wormholes take on a new dimension
news.bbc.co.uk...

the impression i get is, a special wormhole has been discovered that creates its own exotic matter to hold open the neck of the wormhole so that it doesn't "pinch off" and creates a sufficient opening for the passage of various sizes of matter, up to and including people and space vehicles. combine that with the data in the video of my previous post.......

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ok , lets just simplify this ... Where is the nearest one to the UK, map coordinates please, and a rough geophysical map of the area would be good, just so I can locate it under the detritus that has probably covered over this invaluable object.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

theoretically, the closest one that i have pretty solid, textual evidence for, would be somewhere under the 65 miles of new river system created by silt deposition from the euphrates river since ancient sumer. that's about 6000 years of silt deposit, which created an additional 65 miles of shoreline out into the persian gulf since the days of Eridu.

based on the data from the sumerian texts and biblical texts, mentioned in this thread, there appears to be more than one such "gate" but the big one, the one that earned the moniquer "bottomlesss pit " or "abyss" or "abzu" or "nun" or simply "underworld", seems to be located in what was once the bottom of the persian gulf and is now part of the extended euphrates river.

to pinpoint it more accurately than that, would be difficult since the texts didn't mention coordinates, but at least we have it narrowed down to a 65 mile long stretch of river.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

300 years ago? You mean the time of enlightenment? People read up on the religion of Mystery Babylon PLEASE. This has nothing to do with anything outside the realm of Man Manipulating Man.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SoundTheory

what i'm suggesting is that because of the "enlightenment" we are lead to believe the ancient history is in fact, ancient myth. i don't agree with that.
i believe the ancient historical texts are telling us relevant information. the enlightenment, which claimed to bring us out of the dark ages, managed to swap one problem for another.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Okay, if you know anything about ancient Sumer, then you would know Enki (or Ea, or Enki-Ea, all the same guy) . He supposedly built a ziggurat in ancient Sumer but the description of it is FAR from being a ziggurat. It's said to have been composed entirely of silver (not mud bricks covered in silver but entirely of silver). It's interior was a "tangled thread beyond understanding", the walls speak and give advice, it floats and hovers, and shines so brightly it lights up the area. Oh and it also "roars." I'm not making this up. It's in their ancient texts (see "Enki and the World Order"). "This is not the description of a ziggurat. But if you were to see a depiction of Enki's ziggurat, it would be maybe four floors high, each floor a bit smaller than the one below it, with a glowing "Temple" on top, and have the appearance of a throne (such as the Emperor's throne in the Emperor's Palace, Forbidden City, China) or the typical UFO model (the saucer, but in this case, with squared corners and a lighted, glowing dome on top).

When Enki's "ziggurat" first came here, it emerged from the abyss, the underworld called the Abzu or Apsu, and landed in what was to become Sumer. He and his compadres then set about building ancient Sumer. This event is detailed briefly in Genesis 6:4 of the bible, the Book of Enoch and in Enki and the World Order. "

Everything you state in this paragraph could also be summed up as An elite few in ancient Sumeria RULED over the rest with thier superior Intelligence. As soon as you tell me the "Real Ziggurrat" was made entirely of Silver I know I am listening to Mystery School Babble. Get it? "Babel". Its all about keeping the profane confused and my sir you have fallen for it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by seethelight

perhaps. however, i had to start with a hypothesis and work from there. it wasn't as if i just up one day and decided stargates are real. the entire thing started with the reference in revelation 9 to a thing called "the bottomless pit" somewhere in the euphrates river, or rather, under the euphrates river. the trail lead back to ancient sumer and the abzu, which is the abyss, the original word used to describe the bottomless pit as well.

further research has lead to suggest that the entire universe was ALSO created in a similar fashion, just on a much grander scale.

watch this (you won't be sorry)
www.youtube.com...

You "reaching conclusions" =! your conclusions are based on factual evidence... especially as you seem to be starting with The Bible...

I watched that clip and pretty much nothing you said is in any way referenced in it... was that the right link?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SoundTheory

read the rest of the thread! i'm extremely curious what your take will be on it when you are done. i know about mystery babylon. yeppers. read read, again i say, read. and then, take notes of what comes to your mind when you reach a part you think is relevant to your own studies and how you view it. thataway, we can compare notes!

top topics

<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join