It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

%% Discussion of Astro-images READ BEFORE POSTING %%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There have been a rash of threads where someone posts an image (or a link to one) and then doesn't offer any discussion.

Here are a few recent examples:

Mars Global Surveyor anomalie - new

Cydonia Smoking Pyramid

Curious Spot On The Moon

Seriously now... If you're going to start a thread discussing an image, please, please, PLEASE include some discussion. Don't know what to say? Tell why you think it's interesting. Say what it was that YOU saw. Ask what something in it is.

From this point on, any threads where someone just posts an image and says "gawk away" will get closed until more information gets added through an edit by me or the thread starter.

[edit on 4/25/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Woo I was used as an example!

Hey, I didn't post my info for a good reason. If I posted what I thought, then one could say I planted that thought into their minds. When I asked for an opinion with no other information... that was getting their opinions fresh and clean....

I'm not gonna argue, just stating my point.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
Woo I was used as an example!

Hey, I didn't post my info for a good reason. If I posted what I thought, then one could say I planted that thought into their minds. When I asked for an opinion with no other information... that was getting their opinions fresh and clean....

I'm not gonna argue, just stating my point.

I agree with Foxe. Why lock these threads just because they don't have any personal opinions on the images? This forum is almost dead anyway, why restrict it further by locking potentially interesting threads based on lack of poster input. To bad..

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Is it really that hard to add a line or two of your own thoughts? Because if it is, then that's just pathetic!

As for calling this forum dead, I would have to disagree! New threads are made every day and even more posts are made. Sure, it doesn't get all the attention that some of the other forums get, but there are fewer people here to discuss the sciences than there are to discuss things such as politics.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Keen, its not hard to write up thoughts, real or not. Im a proffesional story writer, artist, and have had a long time to study how people think when they read. On my thread atleast, I did not put my opinions up because I wanted to see other peoples reactions who have not real my opinions on it.

On after sight, I should have put my opinion but bellow the image with a warning to type your response first, then read my opinion, though... which I shall do next time. Happy?
I agree user imput should be done, I had my opinion, I was just reluctant to post it. However, other threads I can not account for. Their intentions and so forth were not mine.

Oh and btw, this forum ain't dead man... what makes you say that?

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Foxe]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Did i fall into the twilight zone? is something happening like a black hole apeared nearby and is slowing everything into a sureal chaotic drug enduced slur? because that did not make the slightest bit of sense to me whatsoever!

Im going to go make an appointment at the doctors surgery im sure ive had a stroke

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

Most of the time the default implication is the image is not for reals.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

====================================================
FORMATTED UNIFORM TICPC SUBMITTAL (FUTS Convention)
Normally, only NASA-JPL source images are considered valid for TICPC (Target Image Curio Pixel Coordinates). As much as obtainable, utilize the lowest generation, highest resolution, valid source image.

FUTS TICPC CONVENTION:
A) VALIDATE SOURCE IMAGE LEGITIMACY
URL: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Navcam: Mast-Mounted Left Navigation Camera
Sol: 345
Site: 10
Drive: 288
Last Updated: 2013-07-26 20:18:45 UTC
NASA-JPL Source File Name: N_L000_0345_EDR010CYLTSB0288_DRIVEM1

B) TRANSCRIBE TICPC DATASETS
Declared format for submitting TICPC (Target Image Curio Pixel Coordinates) are:
"X, Y, Zoom, Descriptor"
Example: "2682,4551,375, Half moon shape on apparent sphere" translates to;
2682 pixel row address,
4551 pixel column address,
375 zoom/magnification,
"Half moon shape on apparent sphere" is the curio specified to locate and evaluate.

C) AUTHORSHIP LEGACY OBLIGATION
If reviewers and evaluators have valid questions on your source data or procedures, you have an "authorship legacy obligation" to provide clarity, outline methodology and/or to correct typographical errors committed on your part.

SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW & COMMENT;

URL: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Navcam: Mast-Mounted Left Navigation Camera
Sol: 345
Site: 10
Drive: 288
Last Updated: 2013-07-26 20:18:45 UTC
NASA-JPL Source File Name: N_L000_0345_EDR010CYLTSB0288_DRIVEM1

TICPC Dataset:
163, 400, 600, Apparent circular curio with spokes
2139, 546, 600, Rectangular vertical curio with hollow sides
70, 545, 600, Unnaturally intricate rock formation
3355, 555, 600, Spheroid with apparent circular opening to left side

Cluster field;
4508, 789, 600, Remnant of?
4596, 858, 600, Spheroid base with toppled ornate spire/finial
4597, 819, 600, Translucent sphere
4469, 856, 600, Ovoid shaped object with curved trailing object
4601, 776, 600, Sharply lighter cylinder-type object with center hole

5466, 1067, 600, We ran over it - what is it? MSL roadkill?
2857, 1257, 600, Bright curio with possible translucent to structure
3211, 130, 600, Structure emitting vapor/smoke
316, 138, 600, Very bright, well defined (apparently very large & shadowed/shaded) distant spheroid
2314, 264, 600, Arched symmetry in a length
1783, 508, 600, Capsule-esque curio laying point down right in frame with to flat processes upward
3235, 500, 600, Apparent round opening with horizontal protrusion extending outwards

edit on 7-1-2014 by BuzzDengue because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join