It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Compressed Air Powered Car - Something that the oil companies don't want you to know!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is not new but i believe it didn't have the proper attention from the media (dont know why.... oh yes... they are under the control of money).

So i'm posting this website that show the work of Mr. Guy Nègre a motor engineer that created a car powered by, believe-me, COMPRESSED AIR
!!!

www.theaircar.com...

So please! i'm asking you people to help bring such amazing thing to light!!!

I'm sure that you all would like to give to our children a word less polluted and with one less reason for "oil motivated wars"!!

[edit on 10/2/06 by supay]

[edit on 10-2-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Your post is rather deceptive. The car is powered by COMPRESSED air. The COMPRESSED air is just a means of storing energy. Where does the energy required to compress the air in the first place come from?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElTiante
Your post is rather deceptive. The car is powered by COMPRESSED air. The COMPRESSED air is just a means of storing energy. Where does the energy required to compress the air in the first place come from?

Ok, ok, the car powered by compressed air obtained by the use of electric powered charger any way it would cost to much less than gas and would not pollute as an conventional car agreed?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No, no, no and no. THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH.

While using compress air, the car, may not emit pollutants, the electricity used to compress the air was probably generated with hydrocarbon based fuels

Additionally, the car has a max speed of 50 km/h or about 30mph. That’s not a car I want to own and it has a supplemental gas engine.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by ElTiante]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by supay
Ok, ok, the car powered by compressed air obtained by the use of electric powered charger any way it would cost to much less than gas and would not pollute as an conventional car agreed?

Unfortunately most electricity is created by burning of fossil fuels. If the demand for electricity increased because of the compressed air powered cars you would still be creating the same amount of pollution.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Was going to ask that myself. Be OK to make them into another hybrid type car probably.

What we really need is clean energy from the source to the use, not just clean car technology, but the source of power for the clean cars must be cleaned up as well to make it environmentally feasable.

Gotta' start somewhere though!

Remember those air powered toy cars and planes, took a bit-o-pumpin' there eh?! They were cool though.

No free lunch, painfully true.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So please! i'm asking you people to help bring such amazing thing to light!!!

I'm sure that you all would like to give to our children a word less polluted and with one less reason for "oil motivated wars"!!

You have got to be kidding put kids in a car that has no airbags????

I do not think so :shk:

Check out the pictures of the car on their website, Little if any padding on the seats. Seats 3 very small people. Also the car was designed very badly, it is ugly as all get out.
Again I do not think so.

[edit on 2/10/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You all have a point there...

the problem is that in my country almost all the energy is produced by hydroelectric sources (i will get some official data to release here EDIT: here is the data www.braskem.com.br... )!!!

So for me the advent of something like de AIR COMPRESSED car would have significant impact on pollution matters!!!

But there's another point... i wasn't aware of such data so... in the case of the US it won't help much.

EDIT: As i said in Brazil 72,9 % of all the electricity are from hydroelectric origin and only 12% are from coal / natural gas origin!

Supay

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

the problem is that in my country almost all the energy is produced by hydroelectric sources

Are you from Norway?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Are you from Norway?

Nope..... Brazil

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have to agree with shots, and also adding that is the ugliest car I ever seen. It looks mean also. The way they placed the headlights and the coloring around the headlights makes it look like it is angry. UGH.

There is aonther concern that raises in my mind. Compressed air reminds me of all the warning lables on arsoel spray cans. Those cans are operated by compressed air. There is a flamable warning not to impact it or get it overly hot.

Exactly how will compressed air react to a collision? Will it automatically explode thus eliminating the need of airbags, since everyone will automatically be dead anyhow from the explosion? How high is the chance it will catch on fire even with a small fender bender? What about areas that are extremely hot? Air expands in the heat even compressed air. Will the compartment holding the compressed air be able to with stand any extra pressure?

They also said they are making the car out of light material. It sounds like it has not solid structure to protect anyone from an accident. I hate to see that get into a fender bender with a real car. I can imagine it would crush easily like an aluminum can. Better pray it doesn't tangle with a semi truck.

How much weight does it hold? Heck around here we like heavy cars in the winter time to give us extra traction on the roads. Many people add extra weight to their cars like an extremely heavy tool box which we have in our mini van currently, or a couple of extra sand bags. If the car is too light it will be all over snow covered roads, and I don't care how good the tires are. Any type of heavy winds will have it blown all over the place.

Other than that, all I can say it is a start, but they have a very long way to go if they want to creat a car that is gas free, stable, and can protect the passangers in all types of conditions and curminstances.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There are lots of ways to make a safe non-polluting car...
you just have to have the way to "charge" them. This comes from the grid

If you want to make all cars non-polluting, then just convert our grid to use solar and wind power... it is feasable, and possible...
Oklahoma is doing it as we speak... You can now choose to buy normal electricity, or use exclusive wind power for slightly more (to help with intro costs)

solar and wind are getting advanced enough to make a difference...
there is another thread that talks about a prototype backyard solar array, that can generate enough electricity to power a mid sized home with energy to spare...
these units were projected to cost between $12,000 and $15,000 dollars...
If you use electricity like i do, then it would pay for itself within 6-8 years, then I would never buy power again...

plus, I could charge my electric car every night for free... whoo hoo free gas...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Other than that, all I can say it is a start, but they have a very long way to go if they want to creat a car that is gas free, stable, and can protect the passangers in all types of conditions and curminstances.

You got yourself some good points there, i'm not aware of the answers that's why gave the site

but as you said above, It is a start!

i thought this car was a excellent idea, and i admit the car is ugly (but there are worse
)

I think it's very important for us all to support new ideas (even the ugly ones
) !!!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
solar and wind are getting advanced enough to make a difference...
there is another thread that talks about a prototype backyard solar array, that can generate enough electricity to power a mid sized home with energy to spare...
these units were projected to cost between $12,000 and $15,000 dollars...
If you use electricity like i do, then it would pay for itself within 6-8 years, then I would never buy power again...

Actually i do use solar power in my house, it's not enough to cover all my needs but saves me some bucks!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You could compress air directly from a windmill with no electricity involved. That would be totally non-polluting.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Somehow i dont think thats gonna work...
you need quite a strong force to compress air

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This was covered a few months ago in this thread.
abovetopsecret.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=173248

Everyone went boo hoo poo poo in that thread too. Winners. It was on tv in Australia on a show called Beyond Tommorrow. It could be useful for commercial vehicles.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ummm Teph2112, I use an 8 foot tall windmill with a 14 inch blade to pump air into my pond to keep the ice from freezing it over. I had to install a pressure relief valve because the pressure kept going up over 80 psi and blowing the hose.

With proper gearing a fullsize windmill would pump just about any pressure you'd need.

Why is it that people are so eager to down things they know nothing about?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Oh I see
but thats gonna be a mighty long pole sticking above the car
and as for your question, i really have no idea

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
We can have cars powered by just about anything, the trick, as others have pointed out, is finding that elusive something that requires less energy than gasoline to convert into a form that's usable by the car.

Ever see a compressed air generator? Those things eat up a LOT of power... and most of the time they're diesel powered, since they're used in ways which require mobility.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by koji_K]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join