It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would aliens care?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here's the thing: I believe that there are intelligent beings out there that can travel vast distances within a human lifespan.

What I don't get is why would such an advanced civilization care about us? We're a pitifully primitive civilization compared to them.

Let's say it's 30,000 years into the future, and we've mastered wormhole travel--do we take over planets with sentient beings only as advanced as we are now or possibly even less so, like some version of a medieval era? I certainly wouldn't care that much to do so.

J_3

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That's one way of looking at it. WOW 30,000 years...hmm..

Lets take the concept of the atom, within it we have the fundamental pieces of the universe. In the last century or so we have start to uncover the potential of harnessing and manipulating the more fundamental pieces of the atom.

In the last decade we have jumped leaps and bounds in science and tech. I'd say the ability to use worm holes or black hole type systems to travel, is not incredibly far off for us. But, besides that, I would assume IF there were aliens of comparable intellignence who have mastered wormhole technology, they would be concerned for as many other sources of life in the universe at it can find. Just as we are searching for life, I am sure that once we develop this tech, and start to find life, we will continue to search. I imagine aliens (IF they exist) would be most interested in finding sources of life which are just on the brink of developing such advanced communication and transportation devices.

So IF, then it would make sense to consider our civilization prime candidates for a visit, some monitoring, and eventually some influence where it can be benificial.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
They care about us, or should I say our galaxy for a very good reason.

They could care less about us as a species. We have the several things they do not. ( List below )

1. Cows guts. They are always mutilating the darned animals...must not have any cows on HermVisias Prime.

2. Time. They are always abducting people and they are always missing time right? Well the aliens are taking the time and have found a way to use it for their own good.

3. Corn or Wheat. Crop circles experts never speak of the 'missing' crop. There is always 8 to 12 % of the actual crop missing, the aliens are making corn muffins and wheat bread. They were hungry.

4. Dreams. They can not dream so they abduct humans when they are sleeping, in the middle of a dream and take that dream from them, they also use this opportunity to grab a little time from the abductees as well. ( See rule # 2 )

- One Man Short

[edit on 9-2-2006 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah
Let's say it's 30,000 years into the future, and we've mastered wormhole travel--do we take over planets with sentient beings only as advanced as we are now or possibly even less so, like some version of a medieval era? I certainly wouldn't care that much to do so.

Well if you could look 30,000 years back in time? Wouldnt that be like totally awesome since we dont know a thing about that time! Look at it that way, in 30,000 years we have prolly forgotten alot about how life was in 2006, its very interesting to "go" back in time and see how's its been in that time! Maybe thats just me though

MoonScar

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hahaha. One Man Short makes a very, very good point. Ha, that had me laughing for a while.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why do aliens care?

Why does the farmer care about his cattle or his chickens or his other animals?

We are property, but we are so stupid like the cattle, we don't know it.

The most clever thing the aliens did was to let us think we have "free will"

Need proof? Go to Church.

Or Maybe earth people are just part of a cosmic game where the "players"
place bets on which human unit will prevail.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah

What I don't get is why would such an advanced civilization care about us? We're a pitifully primitive civilization compared to them.

Some humans spend there whole lives studying bugs thats a pretty pitifully primitive animal compared to humans. We study all types of "inferior" creatures on earth and we learn alot about and from them. We also observe all types of inferior human cultures on earth. Natives in the amazon are quite primitive compared to the modern world yet we observe and study them

Aliens are most likely scientist just like those we find on earth. They study and observe all types of animals.

Humans are also taking the first baby steps into space. Any alien race that made it to earth would have had to do the same in their own history at one point no matter how advanced they are now.

If all of a sudden we observed wild chimps using fire one day you could bet human scientist would be all over that. Thats very primitive tens of thousands of years behind us humans but it would be very important.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
why would aliens care? maybe the same reason we explore space and would travel to distant solar systems if we could and observe other alien life.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood

3. Corn or Wheat. Crop circles experts never speak of the 'missing' crop. There is always 8 to 12 % of the actual crop missing, the aliens are making corn muffins and wheat bread. They were hungry.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by One Man Short of Manhood]

Speaking of corn....

I made some corn muffins today for dinner, but when I went to fetch them for the table they were gone. They dog was locked up and I was the only one home....I guess they waited to covertly strike.

Hopefuly they abduct rachel ray and torture her to give up her culinary intelligence. God how I hate her...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Why would they care?

What's to say they are advanced enough to travel but have limited basic resources? in that respect we would certainly not be primative

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy

Speaking of corn....

I made some corn muffins today for dinner, but when I went to fetch them for the table they were gone. They dog was locked up and I was the only one home....I guess they waited to covertly strike.

Now that is a damned shame. It must be a real low life alien lifeform to steal a persons FRESH corn muffins. I can see taking the corn whilst making a crop circle, but after you have done all the hard work of making the danged things they just fly on over and ** ZAP ** beam those little golden cakes of heaven back to the ship.

They are probably having a good laugh this very minute with their little alien buddies over a mug of ale on HermVisias Prime about how they took your corn muffins and , quote, " THE STUPID HUE MAHN NEVER KNEW WHAT HAPPENED...PASS ANOTHER CORN CAKE PLEASE "

How are we ever going to stop world alien domination if we can't protect our corn muffins?

- One Man Short

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy

Hopefuly they abduct rachel ray and torture her to give up her culinary intelligence. God how I hate her...

How can anyone hate Rachel Ray? Y'all leave Rachel alone.

We may be in trouble. Googling "corn muffin defense" returns -0- hits!!!

Although the good news may be that it's part of a corn muffin - pancake exchange program.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That space pancake website has just been awarded The One Man Short Of Manhood BUNNY / CAKE Award.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I apologize for resurrecting this old thread, but it's just too damn funny to let it die.

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
They care about us, or should I say our galaxy for a very good reason.

They could care less about us as a species. We have the several things they do not. ( List below )

1. Cows guts. They are always mutilating the darned animals...must not have any cows on HermVisias Prime.

I just got done watching Clerks 2, and all I can think of when I read that is alien necrophilic interspecies erotica. *shudder*

2. Time. They are always abducting people and they are always missing time right? Well the aliens are taking the time and have found a way to use it for their own good.

Why don't they take that time from stoners? They seem to have way too much time on their hands. (Not that I have anything against smokers of marijuana--just users of excess.) Oh, them and Uwe Boll...and Paris Hilton.

An alien stole a corn muffin from me one time. He said there was a three headed monkey behind me, but it ran away before I could catch a glance. Oh, and he was gone along with my muffin when I turned around. That bastard trained a three headed monkey just to distract me. Well, I'm going to train a three headed monkey to beat up his three headed monkey.

4. Dreams. They can not dream so they abduct humans when they are sleeping, in the middle of a dream and take that dream from them, they also use this opportunity to grab a little time from the abductees as well. ( See rule # 2 )

- One Man Short
Hehe, hopefully they don't abduct Tom Cruise for his dreams. They'd be psychologically scarred for life.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
ROFLMAO!!

I just love One Man Shorts first post here.

Friggin hilarious!!

Toc

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You have to have a bit of imagination I think.

Once your civilisation has reach a peak, understanding all concept, reached maximum technological and spiritual enlightement, I believe the next thing to do is to try to find ways to assist other civilisations in making progress too.

A bit like when we have people go over africa to try to make their lives a bit better.

That's how i see it.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
all I have to say about this is

www.universe-people.com...

click the link, and read for yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why do some scientists make the study of earthworms their life's work?

Assuming that at least some possible aliens think similar to us, it isn't unlikely then to assume that they'd find another sentient being (even if primitive by their standards) interesting at least.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I was going to make a thread on something similar to this, but, ZOMG THIS ANSWERS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toc
You have to have a bit of imagination I think.

Once your civilisation has reach a peak, understanding all concept, reached maximum technological and spiritual enlightement, I believe the next thing to do is to try to find ways to assist other civilisations in making progress too.

A bit like when we have people go over africa to try to make their lives a bit better.

That's how i see it.
If that's their objective, they're not doing a very good job of it. The world is as fractured as it has ever been, and I don't see them swooping in to even attempt to save the day.

PS By the way, that post was really old. My view have changed a bit. I figure if they're here and studying us, I, like others have said, think they would do so out of scientific curiosity--just as we study earthworms out of scientific curiosity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join