It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I tell someone they did a good job?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
The group wants to hear what you think, for sure, so just add a quick paragraph of your thoughts and your post then becomes a valuable part of the thread. Problem solved.

Hi. I just clicked on this thread because of it's unusual title. Then, I saw that Derick Trance(?) who started it, had an unusual, but valid question. I sometimes find myself just reading along a thread, interested, but just not in the mood or whatever to post. I also sometimes nod or "cheer" to myself at someone's particularly clever remark. But I always felt that if I were to say, "good going", or whatever, I would (and have in the past) deliberately added on something like, "I don't really have anything else to say at the moment, but I don't want to have a one-liner". Which, IMO makes no sense and certainly doesn't further the conversation. But, it does seem to keep me from getting one liner warns.

Anyway, smallpeeps, what you wrote that I quoted, was very warming and encouraging. Sometimes I don't feel as if anyone particularly cares what I do or don't think. But the way you say that the group cares about what everyone thinks - that (whether true or not of all), was good to hear.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
Anyway, smallpeeps, what you wrote that I quoted, was very warming and encouraging. Sometimes I don't feel as if anyone particularly cares what I do or don't think. But the way you say that the group cares about what everyone thinks - that (whether true or not of all), was good to hear.

Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah, I think sometimes we forget that there's a sizeable audience watching each thread, and like DT says, sometimes you just want to comment and point out a great post which draws it back into focus.

The thing is that single line "Right on!" may make someone feel good, but it amounts to somebody going "woooo!" in the audience. Not really contributing much, even though the sentiment is there.

Lots of folks have shyness or hesitation to post, but that's less of an issue here due to the great moderating crew. All the Mods want in return for their hard work is for people to feel comfortable and to try and express their thoughts honestly. Nobody needs to feel afraid to comment on ATS, because I don't think ANY of us really knows the whole truth. We need each other for that. Even just to comment briefly on how the thread in question is making you think --you don't have to suggest your solution or opinion. Personal observations and feelings are what I enjoy reading most, and that's not too hard to sum up in a paragraph or two.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
It's very rare that you'll find the board mod-less

When it happens though, the mess when we return isn't always nice. There have been several foodfights. 1-line posts are the least of our worries.

I still have meringue pie up my nose from last time.... :shk:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How about this.

Post your kudos,
In the style of a poem,
Keep it short,
Keep it sweet,
And say
at the end.

Do you like that?

Post your kudos, In the style of a poem, Keep it short, Keep it sweet, And say
at the end.
You see if I wrote that in one sentence after the other it would of been a oneliner. Also the size of box when replying doesn't correspond to the size that is shown after posting. So it's hard to tell if it's one line or not.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by MrDog]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Personally, I tend to be an abuser of ellipses......

...the more ....the better....

keeps me out of trouble....

....I never have one line problems now....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join