It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soundgarden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I liked the RATM thread, so i thought i would start a Soundgarden one.

I love the talent shown by Soundgarden, they are brilliant musicians. People say that Nirvana was the start and end of Grunge but i believe Soundgarden was a major player in the Grunge scene.

My favorite tracks are:
Blackhole Sun,
Fourth of July,
Rust Cage,
Jesus Christ Pose,
And Spoonman.

What are your faverioute tracks? Why do you like/dislike Soundgarden?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Chris Cornell's Voice is why I liked them..great pipes!

I think Spoonman was my favorite track..

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I agree, Chris Cornell has an awesome voice.

I like Jesus Christ Pose, Spoonman, Blackhole Sun, Outshined and Searching With My Good Eye Closed.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I do agree that Criss Cornel voice was amazing, its not so good anymore, must be age

Just too add i do love Outshined and Full on Kevin's mum. Forgot to add them before.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I agree that the early stuff on BadMotorFinger and Superunknown was awesome but personally I think that 'Down on the upside' is their best album. It flows so well from start to finish, the instruments sit perfectly with each other in the mix, Cornell's voice is more mature and soulful and Matt Cameron makes the drumming interesting without overkill.

Pretty Noose, Burden in my Hand, No Attention, Zero Chance, Tighter & Tighter, Switch Opens and Boot Camp stand out on this record for me.

It's even more of an achievment when you consider that according to what I've read they weren't even talking to each other during the recording, which seems unbelievable given the musicianship on dipslay.

Anyone know of any good concert video torrents available? Especially 1995 Reading Festival UK which was the only time I got to see them, would love to relive that experience!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Soundgarden were very cool in my books but since he went with Rage... it is like a super mega ultron rock band!

Wurd!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

A Soundgarden thread, buried for 5 years! Wow.
edit on 12-8-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

*Soundgarden fans unite!*

C'mon, must be at least 300 members of this site that love this band.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

*Soundgarden fans unite!*

*shakes head* I'd been drinking.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by picklewalsh

"Fell On Black Days" is my fav.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The first girl i made out with was to "Fell on Black Days". I wonder if that was a sign towards our relationship?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
And the band is back together now. Looking forward to hearing what they have coming out. As for favorite songs? well, I don't have any at the moment that I could tell you.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join