It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is My Friend Mind-Controlled?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I know this is going to sound crazy, but if it does, I might as well sound crazy at ATS.

What are signs that someone is under mind control?

I've read up on mind control techniques and MKULTRA, but I'm still unsure of how to test my theory about one of my friends.

She was diagnosed bipolar in her mid-twenties after a suicide attempt. I lived with her for a few years, and I've seen her do and say many strange things--things I feel go beyond mere manic depression.

She has a genius-level IQ and came from a poor, abusive home. I read that children used in mind control tests usually had parents who were compensated for giving their kids to these monsters, but she claims they were always poor, and refers to her family as "trailer trash."

Here are her some of her stats:

IQ: at least 160

Education: Masters Degree

Health: Bipolar, prone to delusions and hallucinations

Attitude: Nomadic--she's moved to nine states in fifteen years. Periods of celibacy or manic promiscuity.

When we lived together, I noticed something strange, something I attributed to her rough upbringing. Every time her mother called, my friend would immediately go to her bedroom (like a zombie, like she was in a trance) and sleep. After seeing this happen a few times, she brushed me off when I mentioned it. Finally, she said her mother stressed her out. (My friend's younger sister has been diagnosed a narcoleptic--she falls asleep inappropriately all the time.) Her father molested my friend from her toddler years until she was about twelve (when she began menstruating, according to her).

During her manic periods, she becomes overtly sexual, compulsive and mean. In her "normal" state, she's almost prudish, and extremely secretive. She's a alcoholic--drinks every single day, beer and hard liquor--and she used to hide hard liquor when we lived together.

I know none of this sounds like mind control by itself, but my friend told me something last year. She claims that every couple of years, she checks in with some woman who's supposedly doing a study about her intelligence and how being the child of a criminal (her father is a deviant, drug addicted punk, molester and wife beater.) She's been talking to this woman since she was about twelve--over twenty years.

She won't go into details about what they talk about (she says the woman is testing how children of criminals cope in the world) but I don't believe it. It sounds creepy to me. If she doesn't fly down to see her (Washington, D.C., I think and Florida) she has two hour telephone conversations.

How long is this study? I don't believe a word of it.

I guess what I'm asking is: How do I tell if she's involved in some mind control project? Currently, she's spending lots of time in the hospital because her lithium therapy is failing. Last week, she told me she was considering shock treatments to get her manic depression under control.

She's done a lot of things to anger me, betray me and hurt me, but I'm still worried about her. I'm feeling paranoid about her health. But just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I haven't stumbled onto something.

Is there a way--a test, code word, something--I can use to determine if she's mind controlled? I hate to say this, but the fact that speaking to her own mother makes her go to bed immediately, makes me suspect the family is on it. (I once saw her leave food cooking--meat in the oven, vegetables on the stove--and take to her bed like a zomble. I tried to wake her. She was out cold. She looked at me like she didn't know who I was and talked in weird riddles).

I'm hesitant about my theory because she doesn't fit a lot of stuff I've read about mind control subjects. Her family isn't rich. They don't have a military, or CIA connections (that I know of.)

I've seen mental illness before, but nothing like hers. Sometimes she just seems "programmed," especially after conversations from "home." Sometimes, she'll disappear for days with no explanation. Maybe it's just a product of her bipolar disorder and alcoholism.

But maybe not.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wow that's quite a story. I really don't have any real knowledge about mind control but given what you have described something definately seems off about her conversations with her family.
Perhaps her therapist is giving her hypnotic suggestions and whenever she speaks with her mother that is the trigger. A sort of coping mechanism and she goes to sleep after.

I have read of stories in similar tone about people who have tried to get out of organizations such as Scientology in the Sea Org area.

I would definately suspect something about her therapy and the length of it is fishy. But if she is disinclined to talk about it I don't know where you could go for answers.

Really interesting and her case sad. Keep us posted it you come up with anything.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's nice that you're concerned for your friend, but most of this can be explained, I think.

You said that your friend sleeps a lot after her parents call and that she acts "zombielike." This could simply be depression-- sometimes, depression causes people to sleep more and act differently upon waking than they do when they're not depressed. I am speaking from personal experience-- depression takes people in funny ways, and just the fact that she leaves food cooking doesn't necessarily mean that she is being controlled, either.

Sometimes, people sleep 'harder' (for lack of a better term) when they're depressed. Subconsciously, she might be trying anything possible to forget about what's bothering her. And this could explain not knowing who you were when you woke her up, as well. If she's sleeping restfully, then she could easily be disoriented when she wakes up.

She might also be trying on some level to pretend like everything is all right, so this could explain why she's acting 'programmed'.

About the study... it could just be that your friend is checking in with a counselor or someone else, or that the person is just that... a researcher. Case studies can sometimes last for a person's entire life, so just because it's been twenty years doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong. It just sounds like a case study to me... the same basic thing Sigmund Freud would have done with Anna O or Little Hans.

Depression is a scary thing, and it's often misunderstood. It's not something you can put in a neat little square, yet people insist on trying. I'd imagine this is what's wrong with your friend.

Best of luck, though, and I hope you find what you're looking for.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Maybe mj13 is in on it. If you start thinking like that....

Walter, I have the feeling that the way you look at her and interpret what might be going on is actually stranger than what is actually happening with her. I even sense a bit paranoia in your side of the story. You tend to analyse what she does, rather than really trying to understand her point of view and what is going on with her. Try putting aside you own wild theories and listen to her. If talking with her mother tires or depresses her, sends her to a deep sleep, this can be the result of some kind of struggle between the two of them. In a normal relationship, this should be possible to talk about with her. But just listen to her, get into what she tells you, but don;t theorize.

Some mental illnesses or personality disorders can ofcourse cause strange behaviour, especially in the eyes of someone who is not familiar with the effects of the disorder. Studying these will help a great deal in understanding, unless ofcourse you yourself are suffering from paranoid dillusions or something. But I don't know that.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by phiniks]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
While I am open to the possiblity that there are "mnd controlled" people out there, always make sure to look at every other possibility of what is affecting them first, because those things are far more likely.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
All of your responses make sense. I've been reading so much conspiracy stuff lately that I'm probably the one acting weirder than usual. It might be time for me to take a breather away from various subjects. If not, I could wind up more depressed than my friend.

Thanks, everyone.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I read somewhere that if you know someone is under mind control, do NOT suggest that to them, as it triggers a suicidal response.

So approach this cautiously.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Very interesting. Although I don't believe in mind control experiments, I do have to admit that there is something dark going on here. There might be a plot with your freind even more sinister than mind control. My advice: take the spying angle. I know it sounds immoral, but Get some hidden cameras, and spy on this "therapist", or even on her. Maybe when she goes on her dissapearances. Knowledge is power. Morals are not to be considered when dealing with possible government black projects.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
Very interesting. Although I don't believe in mind control experiments, I do have to admit that there is something dark going on here. There might be a plot with your freind even more sinister than mind control. My advice: take the spying angle. I know it sounds immoral, but Get some hidden cameras, and spy on this "therapist", or even on her. Maybe when she goes on her dissapearances. Knowledge is power. Morals are not to be considered when dealing with possible government black projects.

I thought about it for two reasons: curiosity and concern.

But to be honest, if something fishy is going on with my friend, it's probably none of my business. I watch and read so much information about stuff like this, but now that something that might worth further investigation is staring me in the face, I realize that I'm more cowardly than I thought. I'm starting to believe maybe there are things I'm better off not knowing, ya know?

Originally posted by Amethyst
I read somewhere that if you know someone is under mind control, do NOT suggest that to them, as it triggers a suicidal response.

So approach this cautiously.

I've made jokes about mind control in her presense, just to see her reaction. She thinks I'm crazy with all my conspiracy stuff. Hey, she's probably right.

But I am being cautious. I guess the reason I posted here is because I've never seen such strange behavior from a human being. I have an aunt and a cousin who have been diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, and even their weird behavior hasn't bothered me as much! (But that's probably because the texts and articles I've read on the subject sync up, and they behave in a way I expect.)

I've done some reading in manic depression/bipolar disorder, so I understand many of my friend's behaviors. But some of what I've seen bothered me after reading way too many mind control texts.

I'm not going to pursue it. I'm probably wrong, anyway. Hell, if I'm right, what on earth could I do about it, anyway? It would mean her parents are involved--and despite her spotty relationship with them, I know better than to butt into family business.

new topics

top topics

join