It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran plans nuclear weapon test.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Picked this up on the UPI wire,

First Iran pulls cash from the EU today, now she states that it will test weapon.

2006 looks to be an interesting year, buy Halibuton stock today!

"quote"

Tehran plans nuclear weapon test by March

www.upi.com...

WASHINGTON, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- Tehran is planning a nuclear weapons test before the Iranian New Year on March 20, 2006 says a group opposed to the regime in Tehran.

The Foundation for Democracy citing sources in the U.S and Iran offered no further information.

The FDI quotes sources in Iran that the high command of the Revolutionary Guards Air Force have issued new orders to Shahab-3 missile units, ordering them to move mobile missile launchers every 24 hours in view of a potential pre-emptive strike by the U.S. or Israel. The order was issued Tuesday, Jan. 16.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Nowhere I could find a reference to the Iranian capability of having a working nuclear device on such a short time scale. The fact that they might be moving their Shahab launch platforms is probably nothing out of the ordinary, either.

These events don't bode well, but I totally don't believe we'll see a nuclear test early this year.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wait if this is true what happened to Irans nuclear projects as purely peaceful?

I always thought it was a tad strange a country with massive reserves of oil would need nuclear energy for power production so bad.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If you are a country who is the 2nd largest exporter of oil, why doi you need nuclear energy? Well, more than likely they would like to have a more efficeint form of energy, and continue to take the profits from oil sales.

However, we and other countries have offered refined nuclear material for fule, but they blaked and stated they wanted to do it themselves. I think they are are much farther along with weapons research than we are told.

This is a very humbling statement by them after removing money from the EU and visiting terror supporting nations this week.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If you are a country who is the 2nd largest exporter of oil, why doi you need nuclear energy?

Because OPEC Quotas are for oil production, not export.

Nuclear energy is already less expensive, and is even cheaper if Iran produces their own fuel.

Oil prices, and the international political power that comes to those who export, will only be increasing in the future.

Every bit of domestic oil consumption that can instead be exported puts money, and power in the hands of the STATE.

Irans Uranium deposits are a gold mine only if they can convert it to fuel, and build reactors to use it.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
now she states that it will test weapon.

- No "she" doesn't.

www.upi.com...

WASHINGTON, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- Tehran is planning a nuclear weapons test before the Iranian New Year on March 20, 2006 says a group opposed to the regime in Tehran.

- Aha; it's those incredibly reliable and ever so convenient (
) oppostion groups popping up at 'the right time' to tell those that want to hear this kind of thing what they want to hear.
Let's have another disasterous horrible ME war, eh?

Nevermind.
This is sheer propaganda.....and rather lame and obvious stuff at that.

It's not that 'the Iranian gov' has actually announced or said anything at all about a "nuclear test"......in March or any other time for that matter.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They're planning a nuclear test with what? A conventional bomb that someone's drawn a radiation symbol on? If they really had a nuke, don't you think we would have been all over them by now?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
However, we and other countries have offered refined nuclear material for fule, but they blaked and stated they wanted to do it themselves. I think they are are much farther along with weapons research than we are told.

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

intresting read

so why should they trust another nation to do it for them aka russia.
as soon as Iran have a problem with russia or they disagree with price and so forth russia (or whom ever) could easily cut them off from the fuel.

Iran have the option of making their own fuel since they have the material required.
so they wont have to relly on another country look at europe mostly ukraine

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
To put this claim in perspective, I've prepared a brief analogy.

You bump into a long-lost friend's ex girlfriend on the street. You say hello, chit-chat for a moment, and then ask after your friend, who you've lost contact with. Despite knowing details of the nasty break-up between the two, you are inclined to believe her when she tells you your friend has become a syphilitic terrorist drunk who beats his wife and molests his kids.

The dissident groups will say that Tehran worships a goat idol and sacrifices children, anything to gain support for their political movement. They've got a distinct agenda, and they make no claims to the contrary.

I'm not inclined to take their word for it. If everyone wants to get spooked and start another war and get behind a draft and watch Israel get nuked anyway (for our petulence), go right ahead. I aint helpin' you.

I wouldn't be caught dead in the holy land though, not now, not ever.
That places has been trouble since Jericho and probably before. Who ever wants to fight over it can do so as far as I'm concerned. The ground I live on may not be 'holy', but we've never had a suicide bombing, or a beheading, or a threat of nuclear attack, and I suspect we never will.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

There might be more behind this story.

DEBKAfile�s Iranian sources add:

FDI reporting has a reputation for credibility. Western and Israeli intelligence have known for more than six months that Iran�s nuclear program has reached the capability of being able to carry out a nuclear explosion, albeit underground.

It would probably be staged in a desert or mountain region and activated by a distant control center.

Tehran would aim at confronting the Americans, Europeans and Israelis with an irreversible situation. At the same time, an explosion of this sort would indicate that Iran is not yet able to produce a nuclear bomb that can be delivered by airplane or a warhead adapted to a missile. [....]

and The Telegraph:

Iran extends nuclear plant in secret

Iran has secretly extended the uranium enrichment plant at the centre of the international controversy over its resumption of banned nuclear research earlier this month, satellite imagery has revealed.

(The Natanz site)

Seven buildings have been erected around the concealed centrifuges which Western governments fear will be used to manufacture weapons-grade uranium at the Natanz site, 200 miles south of Teheran.

The discovery has heightened fears that Iran is stepping up the pace of its suspected weapons programme, in breach of international agreements, since it removed International Atomic Energy Authority seals on nuclear equipment at the site 10 days ago.

Western intelligence agencies are focusing on alarming similarities in satellite imagery of Iran's nuclear sites, which the regime claims are for civilian purposes, and atomic facilities in Pakistan used to make the raw materials for nuclear weapons, as they try to identify the purpose of the Natanz construction spree.

(click for image)
graphiclens.com...

and also:

Iran may have received advanced centrifuges: diplomats

VIENNA (AFP) - Iran may have received three shipments of sophisticated P-2 centrifuges capable of enriching uranium, diplomats said, which could support Western claims that Tehran is hiding sensitive nuclear work.

Iran, which already has the less high-tech P-1 centrifuges, denies having received the more advanced machines, which make enriching uranium easier.

One diplomat said there were reportedly three shipments of one centrifuge each from the black-market network of disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan in 1997. [...]

A second diplomat said the

UN watchdog International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which has been investigating Iran's nuclear program for three years and has already found Tehran to be in non-compliance with international atomic safeguards,

was actively working on the P-2 report.

Asked if it could be the "smoking gun" that confirms the West's fears, the diplomat replied: "Yes. If this is confirmed the game is over" for Iran.
[...]

Admin Notice: Image hot-link removed at the request of the source.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Lets just get this damn war over and done with.
Its obvious the warmongeres are marching us toward it.
War is bad, people die yeah booo friggen hooo.
Until the next world war is over, mankind is stalled in terms of a civilization.

We need to blow up a large portion of ourselves, get us so close to extinction that we finally grasp the realities of human life.

Maybe when we have removed the middleast, we wont rely on petrol, oil and fossil foools... maybe then our planet can go back to the working ability it once was, no more hurricanes, below freezing winters, droughts and so forth.

Maybe then when we have exhausted the idea of bombing the bajeezers out of someone, will we finally STOP STOCKPILING these weapons of the apocolyps.

Im ready, lets go.
I could do with a nice desert tan.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Doesn't this sound just the reports of Saddam to buy yellow cake ?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Maybe when we have removed the middleast, we wont rely on petrol, oil and fossil foools... maybe then our planet can go back to the working ability it once was, no more hurricanes, below freezing winters, droughts and so forth.

Sorry to go of topic here but...

I agree that we should develop and expand on alternative energy sources such as nuclear and hydrogen.
However, the rest of you statement is complete bunk, to suggest that recent human activity has significantly
contributed to geological and meteorological changes is a bit of a stretch. Hurricanes, Tsunamis, what have you have been occurring long before our species ever existed. Just because we are paying more attention to them, and just because our population has exploded leading to more people living in danger prone areas does not mean that storms are increasing in intensity. It just means that we feel their effect more then we did before.

Now, on Iran.

Iran Threatens Full-Scale Enrichment

VIENNA, Austria- Iran upped the ante Monday in its nuclear standoff, warning that it will immediately begin developing a full-scale uranium enrichment program if it is referred to the U.N. Security Council.

The message, delivered by Ali Asghar Soltaniyeh, Iran's senior envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency, reflected Tehran's defiance in the face of growing international pressure over its nuclear program. Enrichment can be used in electricity production but it is also a pathway to making nuclear weapons.

AP News

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems to me that Iran is trying to do all it can to stop or delay its referral to the UN Security Council. First threats of cutting off oil, now threats to commence full Uranium Enrichment. It seems to me they are trying to prolong the status quo that so far has allowed them to seek weapons grade Uranium.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I dunno westpoint,
The Hurricane for NO was caused simply because the water temp was higher in the gulf of mexico thus creating a major storm.
Russia is experiencing a deep freeze at the moment, and japan has been by constant out of the ordinary typhoons.

The weathers changing, and i think mankind is to blame with the amount of crap we intoduce to the atmosphere.,

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sounds like unfounded rumour resulting from internal divisions within Iran.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
too many iran-related threads, I wonder what that all means?

Iran has cooperated with IAEA more than any other countries.

from my point of view, iran wants a nuclear fuel cycle for economic stability.
And if US/allies decide to start a military build-up in the region, Iran rearranges its centrifuges, and goes ahead with a nuke program and builds one just before the war breaks out.

and iran wants to play in the big guys club (Nuke Club), and the west doesn't want another rival.

RESPECT

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
double post, sorry

RESPECT

[edit on 24-1-2006 by proprog]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by proprog

Iran has cooperated with IAEA more than any other countries.

from my point of view, iran wants a nuclear fuel cycle for economic stability.

urrm, didnt saddam allow access to ALL factories?
where as IRAN didnt?
Didnt IRAN just BREAK IAEA seals and RESUME nuclear work?

doesnt sound like there helping, compared to the PREVIOUS IAEA incidents.

And the plants that IRAN is working with, have been concluded by officials as NO WHERE NEAR large enough for civilian energy processes, yet they are the perfect size to produce NUCLEAR MATERIALS.

Bush may be a lying SOB, the patriotic morons following him like sheep over IRAQ, MAY BE gullable yanks, but I beleive Iran is the threat that Iraq was played up to be.

When youve got a man, whom considers himself on a mission from God, and who believes when he DIES, he'll be sent to his god with his virgins ( the greatest moment of his religous life ) then what does he care?
why not remove israel from the planet.. as he's already said is his dream...
ESPECIALLY now the world are starting to stamp there feet at him.
He knows one way or another, he's gunna get attacked by either Israel, or the western world.

why not destroy your mortal enemy before they have the chance.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
How about this scenario...
Iran tests this crude nuclear device in the desert..
shortly after a similar crude nuclear device goes off in a small us city...

Because stealth and warplanes are already in the gulf region, the USA can strike hard at the Iranian leadership, BEFORE they can put out a statement of deniability.

Would the US go as far as to nuke there own town, then destroy the leader of IRAN so he doesnt speak up and deny he had anything to do with it?

Ive seen the government do much worse...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Why is it so many on this site deny the obvious? Iran has been racing toward thsi end for several years now. Even IAEA said they were "months" away from a bomb. Well its been months.........

This is truely a "nero fiddled" issue.............the world will soon burn because of the lunacy of denial............

The world was wrong on N Korea nukes,

The world was wrong on Pakistainian nukes

The world was wrong on Indian nukes.........

Now these nut jobs are a few days away from a test............

How many smug members here are really ready to bet the planet on this issue?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join