It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge may quit Saddam trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The judge presiding over the Saddam trial announced he may quit the job. He cites an inability to control the courtroom as the cause. Other reasons believed for his exit are thought to be the two defense lawyers that were killed. If he does step down it is a large set back and embarassment for the US and the fledgling Iraqi government.

www.msnbc.msn.com
"SULAIMANIYA, Iraq - The chief judge in the trial of Saddam Hussein plans to step down, a source close to the judge told Reuters on Friday, in a development that could throw an already turbulent process into further disarray."

"Asked why the Kurdish judge, based in the northern city of Sulaimaniya, wanted to pull out of a trial that has made his face familiar around the world during long days of television coverage, he would say only: “It is too difficult.”

"But in practice, the resignation of the most visible face of the court outside of the dock may be an embarrassment for the Iraqi government and U.S. officials keen to show the world that Iraqis are capable of giving their former leader a fair trial."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Just another set back in the war on....whatever this weeks reason is. This is embarassing. We can't keep a judge to convict a man accused of genocide. I thought they told us this case was supposed to go through quickly and smoothly without any problem. Well, this is a victory for the jihadists and Saddam loyalists. America and the free Iraq are incompetent.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by asala]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Looks like MSNBC just shot your story down use the original link and you get

Judges: Saddam trial's chief judge won't resign

The chief judge overseeing the Saddam Hussein trial has no plans to step down, and media reports suggesting that he will are “baseless,” another judge on the Saddam tribunal said Saturday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Based on that I have to vote

df1

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The lack of consensus requires me to make my vote "Yes"

If the judge changed his mind about stepping down, I wonder what kind of pressure was applied by the powers-that-be to cause this change of heart?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hmm....I had three differnet sources that all said he was likely to step down and he was strongly considering it. Wonder what happened.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Hmm....I had three differnet sources that all said he was likely to step down and he was strongly considering it. Wonder what happened.

there is a very simple explanation, it is called media spin. AP is saying one thing AFP another and UPI yet another just to confuse the Masses.

All part of the great media conspiracy I tell ya

[edit on 1/14/2006 by shots]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sa ddam Judge Offers Resignation

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The chief judge in
Saddam Hussein's trial has submitted his resignation after becoming fed up with criticism that he had let the proceedings spin out of control, a court official said Saturday.

Looks like he's resigning all right.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

new topics

top topics

join