It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Cult gathers in NY for Apocolypse...Wha?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is to ease the tension, have a good laugh folks. I sure as hell can't stop laughing. Enjoy.

i-newswire.com...

[edit on 4-1-2006 by the_renegade]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The funniest part of the article is that it speaks as though the SubGenius's were serious. But every Sub-Genius(myself included) knows that the whole thing is a discordian-style joke(yes, I know the SGs predate discordianism by a few years). In 1996 on July 5th their web-site said something to the effect that "The site is closed, we've all been picked up by aliens", I laughed hard. Time mag called them the biggest hoax of the 20th century? That's even funnier! In my opinion there is a difference between a hoax and a joke.

Vas

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
hehehe.. nice find. that's gold for sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
following in such a belief is nothing but for the weak minded people who lack self education too differentiate between Fact and fiction. All religions for that matter, only the fact of evolution over time and other invention's of other beings. Who knows only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by salsa
following in such a belief is nothing but for the weak minded people who lack self education too differentiate between Fact and fiction.

But it's a joke! Always was! I know many Sub-Genius's, they all know its a joke. Open to any random page of the Book of Sub-Genius and you will laugh your ass off. I just had my copy in front of me and I was reading about the art of Pyroflatulation, the art of lighting your farts on fire. The fact that some people think it's a serious religion is funnier than the book itself.

Vas

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I, personally, am a mind slave to J.R. "Bob" Dobbs! I even own a pipe like his.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
To think that "Bob" would joke about such a serious event should not even be considered. These sub-genius types are not to be taken lightly. Oh yeah, on the surface it looks like just fun and games and hedionism run rampant but underneath the jolly exterior lies a core of dedication to reality seldom seen; Except maybe in the pentagon or Churches in South Texas.

Scoffing will get you nowhere.
Get your tickets early, seating is limited and leave the kiddies at home.
Bring a jacket because the weather in upstate NY in Jan. could be chilly.
This is not an all ages show!! Apocalypses never are! Be 21 or be gone!!

[edit on 5-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
To think that "Bob" would joke about such a serious event should not even be considered. These sub-genius types are not to be taken lightly. Oh yeah, on the surface it looks like just fun and games and hedionism run rampant but underneath the jolly exterior lies a core of dedication to reality seldom seen; Except maybe in the pentagon or Churches in South Texas.
[edit on 5-1-2006 by whaaa]

Damn, you need laugh once in a while.
Year 2000, the world will end. Remember that, it was huge. And look, we're all still here or is this some alternate universe, dimension. Now I've lost it

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_renegade

Originally posted by whaaaDamn, you need laugh once in a while.
Year 2000, the world will end. Remember that, it was huge. And look, we're all still here or is this some alternate universe, dimension. Now I've lost it

Thank you Renegade, how true I do need to laugh once in awhile.
Thanks again for the reminder and the help.

May the spirit of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs be with you and all those close to you!!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hey, I'm not one to judge. Your beliefs are yours to believe, just like me and everyone else.

May the spirit of the Terminator be with you an your loved ones, because as he always said "I'll be back."

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_renegade
Hey, I'm not one to judge. Your beliefs are yours to believe, just like me and everyone else.

May the spirit of the Terminator be with you an your loved ones, because as he always said "I'll be back."

J. R. "Bob" Dobbs owns the terminator! Always has and always will.

Slack is the power of the universe!

Gimmeeee SLAAAAACKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahem ...

new topics

top topics

join