It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Anyone else love em? Im new to comics but Ive just read the first 3 volumes. Cant wait to get my hands on the fourth.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've heard very good things about Walking Dead.

This book is definantly recomened to any zombie lover

You can actualy read Walking Dead issue #1 at image.com

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Cool thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Like hot cakes!

"WALKING DEAD" #33 SELLS OUT IN 24 HOURS

THE WALKING DEAD #33 is an instant sell out! The most controversial issue of Robert Kirkman's end-days epic to date has sold out at Diamond in less than 24 hours, and to respond to the overwhelming demand, Image Comics is going back to press .

In a world filled with flesh-eating zombies, humanity must become savage to survive. This issue features ex-lawyer Michonne turning the tables on her sadistic captor the Governor – who Wizard Magazine named "Villain of the Year." Fans everywhere are talking about the latest haunting installment of the fan-favorite zombie saga.

"A 24 hour sell-out is an incredible achievement," said Image's Executive Director Eric Stephenson. "Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard really pushed the envelope with this issue. It's terrifying, it's challenging, and what's so great about THE WALKING DEAD is you never know what's going to happen next. From brutal action to desperate romance to powerful commentary on the human condition, anything can happen in THE WALKING DEAD. This horrifying issue is a great example of why this series is such a hit."

:O

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It's one of the best books out there in my opinion.Once I read the first five or so,I was hooked.I highly recommend it to any comic fan.For that matter all of Kirkman's stuff is great.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Not too long ago I picked up Kirkman's Marvel Zombies HC.
That book was amazing on so many levels.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yeah,Marvel Zombies was awesome.Don't know what it is,but when it comes to the undead Kirkman is the man.Maybe he's the bastard son of George Romero or something......

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It is funny in a way.
In the Marvel Zombies HC he writes that he didn't want to be the "zombie guy."
He said that he loves zombies and Walking Dead "scratched that itch." He didn;t really want to do any other zombie books but Marvel gave him a great pitch and he accepted.
They are making some Marvel Zombies statues based on the covers. They look pretty sweet.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I thought the last installment was the final one. What a pleasant surprise to find the 5th book on the shelf of my local bookshop.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I just read up to the last issue. I was traveling from Denver to Providence and reading the whole series strait through. It was a hell of a read, but I've made it to issue #45. I'm completely hooked.

The best thing is it's constant nature. The one thing that I've always wondered about in zombie movies and books is the "what's next" factor. Lets face it, the zombie issue is never resolved.

They left this last issue on a major cliffhanger, so I'm a little annoyed. And, I think the next issue is going to be released when I'm in London, and I have no idea if the release schedules are the same. Or if it's released at all in this crazy wonderland known as the UK.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
My god what a great comic. I read this thread awhile ago and being a zombie fan(plagued by zombie dreams for years) I thought I would check it out. I love it. Its dark, heavy and intense. Great read. I can not wait for the next issue.

top topics

join