It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learning A Trade? For 2nd Job?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What's a good trade to learn for a 2nd job? Something where I can make around $13-$15+ an hour, part-time on nights and weekends?

[edit on 26-12-2005 by Samsonite]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I found bouncing to be the easiest money (more than what U mentioned per hour) but of course U will need to get a licence, then U can boucne or security maybe ?
Perhaps bartending/club work ?

These can usually be done cash as well so U don't get taxed, at some places.

Ummm I guess it really depends on what U want to do. Wanna throw out some suggestions ?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, I was thinking about possibly the A+ certification and fixing computers at a store or something part-time.

Or maybe dental hygienist, or paramedic.

I don't know. The job market seems to be getting worst every year. I'd like to have a 2nd trade just to fall back on as well.

Being a bouncer doesn't sound so bad. I'd like something with more job security though. Seems like there aren't many places that really would need a bouncer.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ok cool, yeah needed a hint of what direction you wanna go in lol

Well yes but bouncers are needed everywhere people drink really so there are plenty of those jobs here and I got into it because of the demand for them (cause let's face it most bouncers these days are undesirables lol)
I got into it because yeah the job market sucks these days and well like I said it's easy, good money.

But not really a job U wanna have to fall back on as U mentioned. U can't really go wrong with computers
And if the dental or paramedic work is something U would like to do why not get that ball rolling ? That is definitely something that would be great to have under your belt

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Try being a carpeter or something in that kind of field. I own a cabinet store & am always looking for GOOD reliable carpenters for instalations. The only good one I know has his full time job working as a carpenter & then also does side jobs on nights & weekends & averages about $500 a job & he normally finishes his job for that cost in a day or sometimes less. $500 cash isnt bad for blowing 4-6 hours on a Saturday.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Or you could do H&R block. Just pass the exams and when you get certified you can make good money for filling out other people's tax returns.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
jonsun has got the right Idea.
Construction trades are the way to go if you are not afraid to get your hands dirty!

I read a book on how to lay natural stone [stonemason] built a BBQ and small wall, contacted a few contractors with my pictures and now I have to turn work away. Average pay $25 an hr and UP.

This is not my main gig but this skill sure comes in handy when times are slow!

Good Luck!!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samsonite
What's a good trade to learn for a 2nd job? Something where I can make around $13-$15+ an hour, part-time on nights and weekends?

[edit on 26-12-2005 by Samsonite]

Home Depot, driving a fork lift. Easily make 13+ per hour.

I dont work there, but I know this as fact.

top topics

join