It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dr. Germ" and "Mrs. Anthrax" released from Iraqi Prisons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Now isn't this interesting?

Can someone tell me why these people were released from jail? Why are they not on trial with Saddam Hussain? I find it hard to believe that no charges were filed against these two and that our government deemed these two as no longer being security threats. These people where officials in Saddam regime and come on, the whole wmd's things, I'm pretty sure if there was indeed a wmds stockpile and program, these two would still be in jail.

'Dr. Germ' and 'Mrs. Anthrax' released from prison in Iraq, legal official says

But this past weekend, after more than 2½ years in detention, the scientists were quietly released without charges, a legal official in Baghdad said.

U.N. inspectors had given Taha the nickname "Dr. Germ" for her work in running the Iraqi biological weapons facility where scientists produced anthrax and botulinum toxin in the 1980s. Taha has said that Iraq never planned to use the biological agents it produced during that time.

Ammash was dubbed "Mrs. Anthrax" for her alleged role in trying to develop biological weapons. She was No. 39, or the five of hearts, on U.S. military's deck of cards of most-wanted Iraqis – the only woman on the list.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
They probably played the game and debriefed the ISG on what they knew regarding the WMD development prior to the invasion. Don't worry just like the Jews were able to try Eichmann the Iraqis will eventually get around to dealing justice for these criminals.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What can you expect? From this farce known as a trial !
Perhaps Dr.Germ will be smuggled into Iran where she will use her skills to future Irans WMD programs or she could be assassinated by elements of the population who feel that justice wasnt done. One thing is for sure she wont be doing anything that is in the best interests of Iraq.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
WW, I think the US is trying to cut a deal with the radical Sunni's to try and stabilize the violence in central Iraq.....this is a peace offering to them.

If thats the case, it will only buy a little bit of time...you can't placate the Crocodile for long and I don't think most Shiites and Kurds would support this gamble...it is a gamble, but it does show American leadership is thinking "out of the box"

If someone told me (1) year ago this was gonna happen, I would not have beleaved it. I also think these released prisoners know...we caught them once, we can do so again.

Maximu§

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
They must have the delivery dockets for all the biochem they got from the US originally to be able to begin WMD research and development.

Better cut them a deal and let them go, they know to much to possibly be of any use in the Saddam trial - only an internationally run trial would want them on the stand.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Mrs. Anthrax

Dr. Germ

In combination with Chemical Ali, is it just me, or are iraqis obsessed with comic books or something???

Next, Hussein and a ressurected Ayatollah Khomeni and Bin Ladin will join forces to create a counter to the United Nations, the LEGION OF DOOM.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
they never make deals with the terrorists, right???

www.timesonline.co.uk...

WRONG!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That'd be pretty cracked out if they didn't release them when it coudl've saved this guys life, but then a year later figure that they aren't worth holding.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't know how many times the terrorists have made threats, wanting these women out of prison....it seems like it's been alot. they seem to want them bad....
did our government cave into the threats.....or will these two women come home with our troops to a nice comfy lifestyle and well paying jobs in our labs is what I am wondering.

new topics

top topics

join