It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google censorship, world domination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Google has made gradual changes to the ranking system. They now seek to control and dominate Internet by monopolizing the rankings. Top pages have "dropped off" Google top rankings by keywords and entire companies will be shut down. Prices for adwords or "pay per click" is skyrocketing. Google is archiving your e-mails and tracking you, with out your consent. Hey, Check out Googles partnership with China! BOYCOTT GOOGLE NOW or at least do not click on adwords links. Yahoo is not far behind them.
I am changing my home page to MSN

www.webmasterworld.com
Their principles are to make as much profit by chargeing as high as the market will bear for their "services" ..thus minimum is set with regard to how much they can gouge you for ..how much do you need the word ..how much is a glass of water worth to a thirsty man in the desert etc ..

Your choice is to walk away ..or wait for the spin that your reps will come back to you with to try to disguise the underlying reason ..

Why the discount before the price hike?

How do crack dealers get you hooked ..virtually give it away and then when you can't do without it .. make the price as high as you can find the money to pay it ..

The principal is as old as our species .. mostly it's manifestations are seen on the street corners ..sometimes their naked face shows up in the boardrooms ..

No point being outraged ..just the way it is ..welcome to the world

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The old system of creating pages, uploading and selection by keywords is gone forever..... (Even if you are not computer savey, Google will affest you too, so please read this.)

Companies that were on the top rankings of google for years are deleted from the system. You have to PAY for addwords to get back on to googles top pages. I have said for years this would happen and now it is...

Thousands of companes will be put out of business.

Do you think "adwords" (the ads that companies pay for on top of pages) is not so bad... Well this is how they make money

www.kbcafe.com...

1) If you use addwords Google makes money
2) competetors "click" on your ads to drive you out of business, this costs millions and Google makes every penny!
3) You either pay more as adwords prices go to the highest bidder.
4) The system of "algorithms" is so complex that even if you figure it out and do get your pages in Googles index, it changes now several times a month. So you either pay the price or have not business!

Stand by for the bigger news. IMHO Google will join forces with other top engines and "charge you a fee just for using the internet"

www.google-watch.org...

www.kbcafe.com...

Related News Links:
www.searchenginejournal.com
www.webmasterworld.com
news.zdnet.com
www.google-watch.org

[edit on 12-17-2005 by Valhall]

[edit on 19-12-2005 by asala]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Admitting upfront that I haven't read the supporting links and whether there is evidence to what you are saying may be happening, I have contended for some time now that Google has far too much power - and we all know where power leads.

Google can control what all internet users see in the top returns on any given subject (as can any other search engine) - and that should concern us all.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Dear Submitter,

I have edited your headline due to a typo and to make it more attractive. This is an attempt to help your submission get upgraded.

Kind regards,
Val.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I agree - the ultimate objective is to charge us for the freedom associated with the internet.

Just think about how frustrating it must be for the "powers that be" not to have control over the speed with which information is shared???

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think the articles is rather biased by the call to boycott now. Thats all fine if you put it in the comment and opinion but the intros supposed to be news only. Without bias.

To the topic yes googles power grows and we place more and more info in the hands of them to control.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Mayet has a good point, and for that reason the classification of this submission has been changed to op/ed.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The 'news source' is a post from a discussion board. There are typos in the story and it's biased, as Mayet said.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Please, vote your conscience and let's stop critiquing fellow member submissions in the ATSNN thread.

That's what your voting power is for.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Did every one miss the point? What is the main search engine you use?
Google will change the Internet for the worse. Wait and see.....

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Before massive search engines like Google, Yahoo, Jeeves and Altavista were as popular as they are now, alot of other search engines existed that used ppc and ppi systems. There was heavy critisisme towards them because there was quite a bit of cheating done with these systems.

So big money was trown around to build the massive indexes Google, Yahoo and the other popular search engines of this modern day.

Now that they pritty much OWN the internet and can take websites out of bussines by simply removing them from their indexes, they are switching back to PPM and PPI systems to make even more money every single day then the original PPM and PPI systems made over the entire lifespans.

The reason why Microsoft became big, why Apple is still around and why Google has so suddenly become the behamuth it is today, is because these company's have visionaries, people that don't think in days, weeks, months or even years, but are able to look ahead and predict the evolution of our technologies decades in advance.

These companies work with long term strategies.

Google might actualy give Microsoft a serious catfight in the near future, with all the "black projects" they have running.

Some of these projects are rumoured about online, some are well known.

Its kind of cool to see relativly young tech companies display the exact same behaviour as the people that are behind the scenes in most goverments and politics around the world, pushing an agenda spanning decades if not centuries from behind the scenes.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
ps, for the less computer literate:

PPI = Pay Per Impression, this means that people had to pay a sum per impression (an impression is a displaying, showing) that was made of their search result, this is what ultimatly led to the widespread PPI systems used by advertising company's online.

It works by a person buying an x amount of impressions which will be shown over a y period of time.

PPC = Pay Per Click, this means that people had to pay a sum per click on one of their advertisement links. This is what google now uses with Google Adsense.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
google-watch ( www.google-watch.org... ) is a good site for info on google and contains an excellent no ads, no cookie search page ( www.google-watch.org... ) or you could also try 'scroogle' ( www.scroogle.org... )

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Do you people realize how many search engines are on the net? Using googles own search I can up with 8 search engines listed before Googles and you call them a Monopoly? Microsoft is a monopoly not Google. In order for a company to become a monopoly they HAVE to have little to no competition and this is obviously NOT the case as of yet. And what is this about stifling business? If that were the case their AdSense program would not be so easy to join, all you need is a blog or a webpage.

I am changing my home page to MSN

HAHAHAHA! Sorry that's all I can say.

www.mamma.com...

www.dogpile.com...

www.altavista.com...

Here are some google "alternatives" but notice one thing about them? They all look identicle to Googles home page.

Do you work for M$?

[edit on 17-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Having brought ATS to the top of Google on several relevant (and semi-relevant
) searches, I have some experience with Google.

There is often good reason for sites dropping off the top returns, they're often doing something unethical to get there, the site was replaced by a more relevant site in Google's 30-day "shuffle" cycle, or content of the page has changed (this happens more often than many realize).

The AdWords system does not effect placement in natural search returns.

Now, there is an issue with fraudulent clicks on AdWord placements, as well as long-standing issues with the potential power of being the primary information search engine. But the two major points of your article are not valid.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thank you Skeptic for making the point I was about to make. Google may be guilty of greed and ambition, but so far I have not seen anything bad come from them being at or near the top of the heap. As a matter of fact, their rapid emergence and climb up the ladder has served to stimulate other companies to try to do better and that is a plus for users all over the world.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Almost everyone here does not get it. Have you not ever created your own webpages and worked on them for months on end only to reach the top and become googles next "victim" in the google shuffle dance? Its nearly a "forced pay system" that is all based on greed, not SEO's ability to generate quality pages and content like it was before.

Unless companies have been decimated by Googles power, (like mine) you will only see the good side of google. When Google and other engines start "charging to surf the Internet" then maybe all of you google friends out there will cry foul. Interent is free now, but soon unless customers are warned, you will have to pay for information. (or have to have a "microchip in place to activate your account)

This is really serious. (OK I have a prophesy on this, don't ask me how I know... I really KNOW...)

What about GOOGLE EARTH? earth.google.com... ( its starts out free but....) those that use it will have to pay for this too.

Could it be used with microchipping? Could it track criminals? (not such a bad thing) Could GOOGLE EARTH locate law abiding people, and families that are on the move out of cities during a disaster?

I just think that the Internet has a lot more power that most people realize and Google is being unfair and greedy above what is normal or expected.

Internet users WATCH OUT!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Almost everyone here does not get it. Have you not ever created your own webpages and worked on them for months on end only to reach the top and become googles next "victim" in the google shuffle dance? Its nearly a "forced pay system" that is all based on greed, not SEO's ability to generate quality pages and content like it was before.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. I've had years of direct experience with getting websites into Google, and have been paid to write White Papers on the subject. "Search Engine Optimization" can often include forbidden tactics such as hidden text, keyword spamming, stealth pages, link spams, doorway pages, and a host of other techniques that can actually end up in a penalization from Google and Yahoo. The smartest "Search Engine Optimization" is simple HTML with clear use of legacy format tags such as headlines and paragraphs.

There are no opportunities within Goolge to pay for enhanced natural search returns. There is no "forced pay system."

Unless companies have been decimated by Googles power, (like mine) you will only see the good side of google.

What happened? Have you heard of Search King? Was your experience anything like his? I've been optimizing pages for Google for nearly seven years and have never seen properly structured pages using ethical optimization techniques disappear from natural searches.

When Google and other engines start "charging to surf the Internet" then maybe all of you google friends out there will cry foul.

When and where did you hear that this might happen? We've seen Comcast suggest that Google, MSN, Yahoo, etc. should pay ISP's added feeds for distributing their broadband content, but this has been the only discussion of new charges of late.

Interent is free now, but soon unless customers are warned, you will have to pay for information. (or have to have a "microchip in place to activate your account)

The Internet was never free, someone somewhere always pays for a connection to the net.

I just think that the Internet has a lot more power that most people realize and Google is being unfair and greedy above what is normal or expected.

And I think you've had a bad experience with a search engine optimization strategy (either internally or from a less-than-ethical firm) that ended up negatively effecting your search results, and thus your business model. As a result, you have an inappropriate fixation on Google which has resulted in some inaccurate knee-jerk reactions.

Now... this is not to say there are well-founded concerns about a company such as Google being a de-facto gate-keeper for an extraordinary amount of information. But they lately they have become a victim of their size. Just two years ago, they were the darling of many with their "do no evil" corporate ethic and everyone cheered them on in their climb against Microsoft.

There are indeed concerns over what Google will do with it's new-found size, importance, wealth, and power. But most of what you're discussing is completely inaccurate.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You say you have been paid for your services? When was the last time you tried to get anything new up on Google? Quite simply you can't start with a new website and get to the top with basic html protocal like a few years back. Anyone with a domian name that is registered for one year is considered "spam" and automatically blocked (with the new google system)

I said Google is "nearly a forced pay system" you said....." working with Google for nearly seven years and have never seen properly structured pages using ethical optimization techniques disappear from natural searches."

I am saying its all changing and will not be as easy to do as has been done before. Lets get to the real point....... Google has too much power and is currently changing the system for the purpose of domination and greed.

Are you paid to defend google? You may not feel the same after reading these posts from top ranking companies and people that are lost in the new google changes. Many Companies will HAVE TO PAY FOR ADWORDS as Google is "shuffleing" the top pages on a regular basis even if you follow all of the rules. You cant say that this does not affect you or your customers see proof from other poeple below. this is REALLY HAPPENING!

Is there anyone out there who is an SEO that can back me up on this? See a few of thousands of posts on Addweb's site about the sudden drop and shift in rankings. GOOGLE RULES THE INTERNET AND YOUR RANKINGS! When you click on adwords you may be putting other companies at a disadvantage or even hurting their company.

see PROOF of companies that have been hurt by Google with new changes:

INFORMATION POSTED BELOW FROM ACTUAL SEO'S ON ADDWEBS FORUM

Content Removed
Please do not directly paste material from other boards, links are fine.

Same here...

But ONLY for the clients that have Addweb Link Trader pages (about 50% of my cleints).

All the others with no Addweb pages have either stayed the same or risen slightly.

It looks very much like it is time to leave Addweb behind as it has now obviously lost the edge it used to have a year or so ago.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by newageuponus
You say you have been paid for your services? When was the last time you tried to get anything new up on Google?

Every new thread on ATS appears in Google within days.

However, be aware that Google pagerank system gives increased importance to "aged domains". Meaning domains that have been around longer automatically received an increased page rank.

Lets get to the real point

The real point is your inaccurate and misleading statements.

Google has too much power and is currently changing the system for the purpose of domination and greed.

Your evidence? That's an exceptional statement that would require some detailed research.

Are you paid to defend google? You may not feel the same after reading these posts from top ranking companies and people that are lost in the new google changes. Many Companies will HAVE TO PAY FOR ADWORDS as Google is "shuffleing" the top pages on a regular basis even if you follow all of the rules.

Many companies have been tragically burned by unethical search optimization firms who employ improper techniques for what appears to be quick results, but end in long-term problems.

If Google were interested in such tactics, why would they freely publish the Site Map XML schema and freely provide a page rank benefit for any site using this free and easy to deploy service?

Also, AdWords is an advertising system that is separate from natural search returns. As I've said before, AdWord budgets have no effect on natural search. Also, I have some deep experience with AdWords and there are several strategies to both prevent possible competitor click-fraud, and aid in the detection of the fraud once it happens. It's not more different or difficult than advertisers monitoring the proper placement of offline ads in magazines and newspapers (offline ad monitoring/confirmation has been widespread for decades).

Is there anyone out there who is an SEO that can back me up on this? See a few of thousands of posts on Addweb's site about the sudden drop and shift in rankings. GOOGLE RULES THE INTERNET AND YOUR RANKINGS! When you click on adwords you may be putting other companies at a disadvantage or even hurting their company.

Again, see above... AdWords is different. "Search Engine Optimization" is very different from "Search Engine Marketing". Are you sure you're not confusing the two?

see PROOF of companies that have been hurt by Google with new changes:

Are you associated with the AddWeb firm?

Link trading, submission spamming, some "position boosting code", keyword spamming, and other tactics employed by this software are known problems and can result in page rank penalties from Google and Yahoo. No one should ever submit any URL to any search engine more than once! This type of software encourages users to perform multiple submissions which may very well be part of the problem they're experiencing.

The single-most proven method of exceptional long-term search results is an intelligent combination of XML site maps and smart, simple HTML.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
No, I am not a part of Addweb. I am a customer. Addweb does not encourage the "spamming tactics" in any way at all. They suggest that all SEO's follow all guidelines to get to the top. Some of the cloaking, hidden text and multiple submissions were known to have happened before. its just does not work and will get anyone caught banned from the search engines all together. Addweb discourages these practices all together.

I positively disgree with you. You are obviously a know it all and have not felt googles new system shuffle. I have sent proof above from other SEO's
Believe what you want, but you are missing the point and off of the subject all together.

"The single-most proven method of exceptional long-term search results is an intelligent combination of XML site maps and smart, simple HTML" BALONEY! DON'T BELEIVE IT!

I'll tell anyone out there. Do not think that Google is not trying to control Top engine placement for their own good. You can get technical if you want to, but REAL SEO's that are current and up to date on the new system in place will all disagree with you. ENOUGH SAID no more postings from me on this subject. You are a "know it all" and cannot learn from anyone because you have all the answers. ARE YOU EMPLOYED BY GOOGLE?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join