It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snapshot of Nessie on Web cam ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
is this nessie in the waters of loch ness ? we can rule out a boat because i have seen many boats on the web cam and the boats are bigger
than that and they are white not a silvery gray colour the first pic it looks like it is small possably just came out of the water the second is of it swiming and looks a bit bigger wat do you think ?

[edit on 16-12-2005 by ThE TrUtH 11 5 5]

[img]http://[img=http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/6091/lochness4jq.th.jpg][/img]

[img]http://[img=http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5954/lochness25pz.th.jpg][/im g]

i 100% took these pics on the web cam with the snapshot button !

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Nevermind, you fixed it

good find btw.

Looking at the images, it's hard to tell. Could it perhaps be a whale or floating debris? how often does the webcam refresh?

[edit on 12-16-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
about 15 second may be a little bit more say 17 or less 13 12 i will count

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Mind sharing the link to the Lochness webcam you're using so I can take a live look too???

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
no prob www.lochness.co.uk/livecam/
that should do

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
u wont see much because its a bit dark and you can just see the moon

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm getting a moonlit night time image right now. When did you snap these pics?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have to say it sorry, but if thats u on your avatar you are beutiful!!

Now i shall disappear with extreme embarassment......

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a few days ago it iz a good clear image on a day

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
must be the multiple personalties, because there are so many different me's

now back to topic on hand.

nevermind I see the date on the pic, Nov. 23rd, 2005. What took you so long?

I think it is too inclusive to say whether that is a Nessie, it's just a hump, probably a whale? btw do whales go there?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i dont think so because i dont think it is connected to the sea !

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Duh
the Loch Ness is closed from the sea, so no sea access.

rules out the whale theory then. Could be a garbage bag or debris or some kind. However I never got the impression that the Loch was frequently polluted place. So I guess you have yourself a Nessie sighting.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
just a little sumthing else wen i was watchin the cam it came out of nowere then swam across it cant of been a garbage bag either could it because they float !

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Loch Ness is connected to the sea in a manner of speaking by the Caledonian Canal, although how "large" this canal is when compared to the size of a whale I am not sure.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I guess I don't see it. I saved the picture, and zoomed in on the object in question, and it doesn't really look like anything. I don't think it is nessie, because it lacks defining features, such as a head, neck, or body. I'm not sure WHAT it is, but I'm guessing it's NOT Nessie.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Looks like waves to me. Waves are commonly seen and thought to be the loch ness monster in the loch. Especially by tourists. And well, by people using grainy webcams

What disturbs me more is the big vortex appearing in the sky
(Fingerprint on lense?)

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I use to have some belief that there was a chance Nessie might exist. The the Best evidence we had IMHO the surgeons photo was proven hoax
The I said we still have the Robert Rines obtained underwater (flipper) photo. Then that turned out to be airbrushed from the orginal

Then I gave up, all the evidence of just how small the Loch really is all the radar sweeps that turned up nothing and so much other evidence all added up too much to deny.

I personally dont see anything really interesting in those pictures. Just looks like a boat or some debris floating in the loch.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
regards waves on the loch :

many people mistake a phenonemon called " standing waves " for anomolies on the loch - they are caused when the wave from a boat rebounds from the shore and collides with later waves

regards acess to the sea :

yess the river ness [ north end ] gives direct acess to the sea , BUT it has 3 wiers that i can recall - and the canal has locks [ the surface of the loch is 15 metres above sea level ]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
thanks for explanation about the sea access thing ignorant_ape (I don't like typing your username btw).

but how can this be a wave? it's a singular lump with no other disturbances around it.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
WORLDWATCHER :

glad to be of service

as for the issue of the waves on lock ness , these sites should give a better explainer than i :

seiche_phenonemon

skeptic_explaination

this last link is drifting off topic , but illustrates how cause and effect can become divorced - and the effect appear greter than its cause

soliton_wave

in short : due to the narrow deep nature of the loch - underwater currects and the passage of hi speed boats , can cause standing waves on the surface . caused by interference between wave pattens travelling in different directions , these standing waves appear greater in magnitude than the waves that caused them , and can remain / occur long after the boat that caused them has passed - prompting the observer to dismiss the link between the two

hope that halps .

PS : as for my log in name , its only a nickname - i chose it - so dont take any offece

top topics

<<   2 >>

join