It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could ancient gods be aliens?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
the awe of them were the SIZE. A triangle or square is no great feat, so making one in a third dimension (pyramid or cube) isn't that hard either. Man had DRAWN them for many years.

However, a great engineering feat was moving and placing the huge blocks to form such structures. Add to that the excellant cutting of the stones to fit in such form (the straight lines are amazing, especially at such a great distance, when considering the time) and how they usually coincide with other pyramids or structures and you have a very complex achievement. If you go with the idea that some of these sites are placed to mirror the stars above, then you go even further into sophisticated process and see it as truly a marvel.

If these were just sand pyramids on the Nile made by a 3 year old, I would yawn. These structures, while on paper easier than aquaducts, were much harder to actually create.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
forgive me for taking your post out context then. It seem as you were chiding me for preaching. I misread (it happens).

Here is an idea I want to run by you. You seem a tad knowledgable on Anti Matter, and on TFI. You also mentioned exotic matter.

You stated that anti matter has already been produced, but that the costs make it an unlikely source for anything.

Could Anti-Matter fill the void of "Exotic Matter" for fuel to reach or exceed the speed of light? (Yes, I know the problem would be how to contain it and use it safely. Still working on that one!
)

I mean, once you have the fuel you only need to build a craft capable of withstanding the acceleration process (and not going BOOM! when the fuel ignites). Not that these aren't complex issues. Just wondering about the validity of Anti-Matter as a FTL Fuel.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Okay, I only have one question...

Who do the Aliens pray to? (And no, I don't believe they're all atheists.)

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Other aliens?

A unified god?

John Travolta...

hmm...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BradKellBrrexkl
Here is an idea I want to run by you. You seem a tad knowledgable on Anti Matter, and on TFI. You also mentioned exotic matter.

Not really. I'm a fairly good Googler, and I'm one of those nerds who as a child used to sit inside on a summer day reading old encyclopedias for fun. Still do.

Originally posted by BradKellBrrexkl
Could Anti-Matter fill the void of "Exotic Matter" for fuel to reach or exceed the speed of light? (Yes, I know the problem would be how to contain it and use it safely. Still working on that one!
)

I don't know. As I understand it the exotic matter wouldn't be used as rocket fuel but its existence would somehow allow for the manipulation of gravity, space and time in the manner necessary to create wormholes or fold space, or make bubbles that could avoid the effects of light speed travel (ftl is really a misnomer, nothing goes faster than light). By what machine or mechanism such a feat would be enacted is beyond me. I can't get my head around any of it. As a species that still regularly has large numbers of its population, in its most advanced societies even, wiped out by uncontrollable natural forces, the idea of manipulating these fundamentals of reality that we barely comprehend seems laughable. And am I the only one who wonders if there might be some intrinsic harm done performing such distortions? Is rearranging the fabric of reality to suit your own purposes the actions of an advanced consciousness?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I wonder what the Indians thought when they saw Columbus and other settlers enter their lands for the first time. I have a feeling our existence is in the very, very early stages. In a million years the universe will be colonized and we'll realize we're are not inside it, but nothing at all.

LoL, just joking about the last part. But I find it funny that the human mind justifies with what it thinks it knows. We used to think the Earth was flat; animals were God; the stars were God; and then all of a sudden a guy gets crucified on a cross and thousands of years of beliefs are thrown away because this man said he's the son of God. Without the knowledge of our origin, we will forever been ignorant and fearful.

I'd argue we're living the perfect simulation

Another comment, this regarding intelligent design and evolution. So humans are the only species with supreme intelligence. Imagine then when we begin building organic computers / robots that think like us and better. That seems like evolution in itself - so perhaps we are God. Imagine if we built a couple of super computer robots (male and female), put them in a room with nothing but say a cross and a hidden camera. They'd eventually wonder where they came from, who they are, etc. It's no different from us.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Glooper23]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Glooper23.

I wonder what the Indians thought when they saw Columbus and other settlers enter their lands for the first time

To answer your question, the American Natives welcomed Columbus and his crew as well as the settlers that came later. This was due to ancient American Native legends that were about a white man that was a friend to the Indians.
Here is a link to one belief in how the Red and White races were created
www.ilhawaii.net...

Were the ancient gods aliens..... probably but so were the demons and the "monsters" of legends

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well this was a long thread to read, but I think I noticed someone mention that a biological entity could not cross such mass distances traveling near or at the speed of light since time would be at a slower rate (excluding the possibilities of bending space/time and the use of worm holes)
What about the possibility of advanced biological beings sending artificially created non-biological (or semi-biological) self-sustaining self-replicating beings? Could this be a possibility for using a propulsion system to transverse mass spatial distances in this argument?
In conclusion, I don’t think we can discredit the possibility that aliens might have been a representation of earths historical god figures by saying it’s not plausible to travel great distances.

BTW if I’m off base – cut me some slack because I’m new to boards and certainly new to posting on them. Thanks for the awesome site! This is possibly the most fun I’ve had on the internet!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I keep wondering about a fundamental question that might be pertinent to this discussion.

How did the different races of people on this earth spring up in different parts of the world at the same time and be different, but also be able to crossbreed?

Where are the half monkey men, that we cannot effectively breed with, but are similar to us, that should have sprung up "somewhere" in some form and did not.
How is it that the humans of this world are so much the same, if we came from different evolutional geographies?

Are we to beleive that there was a White man "missing link" and a Chinese man "missing link" and other races had their own "missing link"?
that doesn't make any sense, does it?

To me this is evidence that different races where placed here in different geographical areas, by someone, at the same time.

Does science have a good explanation for this?
Where did the different races come from originally?

[edit on 5-1-2006 by KDX175DUEX]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDX175DUEX

It is known as the "Out of Africa" model, was put forward by several scientists.

They argue that you have two groups that came from Africa, H. erectus and later on you have a second group that left H. sapiens.

Here you go.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

It is known as the "Out of Africa" model, was put forward by several scientists.

They argue that you have two groups that came from Africa, H. erectus and later on you have a second group that left H. sapiens.

Here you go.

Thanks for the link.
But is this the best the evolutionists have?
I'm not ready to believe a strictly evolutionist point of view yet.
It still doesn't explain to me how Continental Drift fits in.
I did a search in there for continent, drift, continental, nothing in the entire thing.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by KDX175DUEX]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
KDX175DUEX, I suggest you use the internet as a research tool and begin to look at the evidence. There is no need for people to spoon feed basic information to you.

Bering land bridge is just one of the many arguements put forward. It is wise you go and do a bit of your own research, because it is wrong to be critical of a theory you do not know the basics on.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
My apologies for my ignorance...

In case anyone else is curious,
Here is a link with a DNA project tracking the migration of the whole earth,
This will be an interesting project.
The map at the bottom showing the migration is neat.
news.bbc.co.uk...
Shows we all came from one Y chromosome, "Adam".

KDX - out

PS. God is an Alien - He isn't from this Earth (Definition of an Alien)

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think it could be possable that alains were origanaly what we call gods. I used to belive, still do to be honest, that we were put here by alians as a experiment. My theory is that they placed a de-evolved vresion of themselves here to see how we would advance, maybe to find out how they came to be. whether that civilisation still exsists, or not, is another question. But that could go to explain why there have been so many UFO/Abduction claims, maybe they are still conducting there experiment.

I know this will be pulled apart by the vets. but its just a therory isnt that how all things start out.

Pickle.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Everybody smell the roses. The sooner we can except this the quicker we can get on with life.
All of the major religions have taken the truth about aliens being our creators and twisted it. Why, because it gives them power.
We did not evolve here from the apes. We have a different amount of chromosomes to apes.
We were not created by an all powerfull being (god as the religions would have it). Why would such a being leave so many genetic disorders in his/her creation. If that was the case then shouldn't we be perfect in design?
Don't we talk of one day tweaking the atmosphere of Mars to make it habitable? If we think this way then wouldn't others.
There is only one conclusion in my mind.
I just wish that who ever they are would come forward and explain the truth.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberWasp
Everybody smell the roses. The sooner we can except this the quicker we can get on with life.
All of the major religions have taken the truth about aliens being our creators and twisted it. Why, because it gives them power.
We did not evolve here from the apes. We have a different amount of chromosomes to apes.
We were not created by an all powerfull being (god as the religions would have it). Why would such a being leave so many genetic disorders in his/her creation. If that was the case then shouldn't we be perfect in design?
Don't we talk of one day tweaking the atmosphere of Mars to make it habitable? If we think this way then wouldn't others.
There is only one conclusion in my mind.
I just wish that who ever they are would come forward and explain the truth.

All this about us being created here by aliens, or aliens created us from hominids that were already here, or whatever, still does not answer the fundamental question, nor does it negate evolution or creation. For, where did the aliens first come from? How were they created?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It goes on and on, my friends!

Doesn't matter. Alieans, God, Evolution, you can always add "What created that?" and bust the balls off the debater.

It's coming to a time where I believe their is no truth, only belief.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Chiclestick
i hope ther is not already a topic like this one. is it possible that our ancient gods like the Mayans', Greek's, and etc's are actually aliens. there is that one tale in that one Hindu book that tells the story of great flying ships battaling. the sumerans also claim to be desended from aliens. the mayans said they werw also from another planet as well. wat do ya'll think.

[edit on 07/29/2005 by Mr Chiclestick]

great question. www.bibleufo.com... offers great reading on this subject! check it out.....

The Greatest Deception is that mankind has been falsely led to believe that the Gods could pose a threat to the very race they created. And as the deception grows the true enemy is destroying the planet's environment, and the wealth, diversity, and social structure of all global civilizations through monetary, and social control in every aspect of life. The ultimate goal is world domination by global corporate financial powers and social monitoring, with the resulting threat of planetary devastation, and eventual destruction. The ultimate eradication of all known life will be stayed only by the intervention of those beings flying in our skies, as evidenced in the writings of the world's ancient cultures. One of those ancient writings is the King James Bible

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
who says advanced aliens are even a form of life like ours? they could be energy beings, or they could be so advanced that their thoughts could change our reality. they might be able to change matter to energy. the possibilities are as infinite as the universe.

also, you can't prove a negative.

who knows? mars could be the source of an alien life form that came to earth. also, who says the aliens that seeded life on earth are even still alive as a species?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I first read the bible as a teen, to see if I felt that angels might be aliens. I found the accounts did describe them having many similarities. And in the 25 years since, in my reading other texts from all faiths, the 'Gods' almost always sounded much like aliens. They could be. But I am by no means sure of it. The existance of guardian angels as spirits is something I believe in, and the spiritual realm also. They may be from space, but they are connected to us, if I am right, and they are real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join