It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1999 ABC News Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
1999 ABC News Report Linking Saddam Hussein And Osama Bin Laden.

www.mediaresearch.org...

Hmmmm, we were all told by the major news networks and the Democrats that OBL and Iraq had no connections and the WOT was for oil and revenge for Bush 41.

Funny how things get pushed aside to promote ones agenda.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
could you maybe put the origin web link up, instead of the download link?
we can find our own download link from there... thanks

People dont usually like to punch a link button, and have an unknown file download on your computer...

it is the age of hackers and viruses you know...
thanks
cheers

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here's the link to a story from the site hosting this video.

Nets Pounce on No bin Laden-Saddam Link, But Bush Believed Media

The video link is about 2/3s of the way down.

Peace2All

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
An Iraqi Military official once went to meet Osama, thats less than Bush and his dad have met Osama personally and his Brothers, Father and cousins.

Today the CIA is working closely with the Syrian secret police, you know Syria on the 'Axis of Evil".

I totally agree Sirr1

Funny how things get pushed aside to promote ones agenda

How True.

Regards
Elf

[edit on 5-12-2005 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think it shows that the whole idea of Saddam having links to terror, wmd and so on was nothing new when Bush came into power. There are many people out there who would have you believe this is something the Bush administration cooked up, but anyone who can read a history book knows different.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
As mischievious Elf pointed out...

If meetings alone were the key:
If one meeting between a top Iraqi Official and OBL is the evidence used to convince the world of a terror connection, then the US looks far worse.

We truly did know this guy thru OBL's fathers funding of Bushes first oil company. In other words... Bush lost lots of OBL's daddies money...
the connection of these two players makes for all kinds of conspiracy talk...

and statistically speaking... i have a better chance of winning the lottery twice in a row... than Bush did of being elected president while his old friend OBL hit us (without any connection from previous connection). Now if there was a recent inside connection between them, then it all adds up... but to a very sinister sum...

the three amigos podcast of the Iran Contra conspiracy is a good place to start looking for these original "terror" connections.

as well as our funding of OBL's russian resistance in afghanistan...
I still think he is still working for the CIA

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Dronetek how can you possibly say that and expect people not to SCOFF

condo, Powell and various others PUBLICALLY stated PRIOR to sept11 that saddam has NO WMD , and was NOT ACTIVLEY PURSUING them.

now your saying that from the begining it was known that they were..

jee's, the american government and its gullable public seem to flipflop and change direction more than the male mind......

so what is it... there always WAS the WMD evidence prior to sept11....
there never was any evidence prior to sept 11
the government was lying
or the government was telling the truth.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

by LazarusTheLong:
the three amigos podcast of the Iran Contra conspiracy is a good place to start looking for these original "terror" connections.

as well as our funding of OBL's russian resistance in afghanistan...
I still think he is still working for the CIA

Laz ... in order to see the documented history behind these connections, people would have to lift up the rug and really look at what has been swept under it. Sadly, for the majority it seems, the evening news and daily newspapaer articles are a sufficient representation of the world around them.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Hmmmm, we were all told by the major news networks and the Democrats that OBL and Iraq had no connections

No, we weren't. We were told that Saddam/Iraq had no connection to 9/11. I know it doesn't matter to some, but there is a difference.

About the ties between Osama and Saddam

A 9/11 Commission staff report supports the Bush Administration's longstanding conclusion that there was no evidence of "collaboration" between Iraq and al-Qaeda on the 9-11 attacks against the United States.

Edited to add link and quote

[edit on 5-12-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I remember somewhere that back in the mid 90s that Osama or somebody in his organization ask for Saddam for support but Saddam and his regime nevered answered back. Thats all I remembered.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
I think it shows that the whole idea of Saddam having links to terror, wmd and so on was nothing new when Bush came into power. There are many people out there who would have you believe this is something the Bush administration cooked up, but anyone who can read a history book knows different.

Correct, but Saddam had no links to OBL. The only link he had was prior to 9-11 and that was an offer extended to OBL to use Iraq as a safe heaven. From what I understand OBL didn’t care much for Saddam, per the 9-11 commission reports.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Dronetek how can you possibly say that and expect people not to SCOFF

condo, Powell and various others PUBLICALLY stated PRIOR to sept11 that saddam has NO WMD , and was NOT ACTIVLEY PURSUING them.

now your saying that from the begining it was known that they were..

jee's, the american government and its gullable public seem to flipflop and change direction more than the male mind......

so what is it... there always WAS the WMD evidence prior to sept11....
there never was any evidence prior to sept 11
the government was lying
or the government was telling the truth.

I'd like to see these quotes.

As far as the whole WMD/Iraq thing pre Bush, you don’t even need a history book. This was 7 years ago and for those of us with a good memory it’s laughable that you would have us believe Bush came up with all of it.

In 1998 Clinton and the Democrats started beating the same damn drum. There were claims of WMD and terrorist connections. Saddam not only shot at inspectors but then he kicked them out of Iraq. Clinton promised there would be war if Saddam didn’t let them back in.

www.cnn.com...

Clinton: Iraq has abused its last chance
Clinton
President Clinton addressed the nation from the Oval Office
Clinton spells out Iraq's non-compliance
# Iraq repeatedly blocked UNSCOM from inspecting suspect sites.

# Iraq repeatedly restricted UNSCOM's ability to obtain necessary evidence.

# Iraq tried to stop an UNSCOM biological weapons team from videotaping a site and photocopying documents and prevented Iraqi personnel from answering UNSCOM's questions.

# Iraq has failed to turn over virtually all documents requested by the inspectors.
US Forces:

There are 15 U.S. warships and 97 U.S. aircraft in the Persian Gulf region, including about 70 aboard the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise. More than 12,000 sailors and Marines are in the region.

U.S. sources said eight of the warships, equipped with cruise missiles, have been moved into the northern part of the Gulf, within easy striking distance of Baghdad. More troops and jets have been ordered to the region.

More than 300 cruise missiles are available for use against Iraq, and there are air-launched cruise missiles aboard 14 B-52 bombers on the British island of Diego Garcia, sources said.

December 16, 1998
Web posted at: 8:51 p.m. EST (0151 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes against Iraq.

The president said Iraq's refusal to cooperate with U.N. weapons inspectors presented a threat to the entire world.

"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.

Soon Cinton began making claims that Saddam had links to terrorist groups. In fact, he claimed there were links to Osama!

www.washtimes.com...

By Rowan Scarborough
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The Clinton administration talked about firm evidence linking Saddam Hussein's regime to Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network years before President Bush made the same statements.
The issue arose again this month after the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States reported there was no "collaborative relationship" between the old Iraqi regime and bin Laden.

www.aim.org...

Stephanopoulos, who used to work for Clinton, should remember that, back in 1998, the Clinton Administration issued a sealed indictment of bin Laden that read, in part, "...Al-Qaida reached an understanding with the government of Iraq that al-Qaida would not work against that government and that on particular projects, specifically including weapons development, al-Qaida would work cooperatively with the government of Iraq." What evidence did they have?

Again in 1999:

And ABC reported in December of 1999 that "ABC News has learned that in December, an Iraqi intelligence chief, named Farouq Hijazi, now Iraq's Ambassador to Turkey, made a secret trip to Afghanistan to meet with bin Laden. Three intelligence agencies tell ABC News they cannot be certain what was discussed, but almost certainly, they say, bin Laden has been told he would be welcomed in Baghdad."

Here are a few more Clinton quotes:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

Bush didn't make all of this up in a vast conspiracy to get oil. I know you want to believe it, but it just isn’t true.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The 1999 ABC video is indicating nothing that was not already known to both the Clinton Administration and the Bush Administration. The 9-11 Commission findings were basically directed towards a OBL-Saddam connection to 9-11, not whether there were terrorist ties between OBL and Saddam, in general. That was already established and known, as mentioned previously.
Case Closed: Saddam and Osama Connection

seekerof

[edit on 6-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I love it, it absolutley makes me lose my head when people start on this topic.

what more PROOF do you need?...

THEY FOUND NO F'N WEAPONS
THEY FOUND NO LINKS WHAT SO EVER TO ANY TERROR GROUP

So anything you have that says there was evidence, there was this that or the other is immediatley MUTE
why?

Because the stupid americans stupidly invaded that damn country, occupied it and guess what didnt find a single f'n thing.

Havnet u seen farenheit? do you REALLY need me to type those quotes which u PERSONALLY saw them say to the camera?

" we have no indication or evidence saddam is activley seeking WMD ''

if you need to have it spelt out like a baby, i will do so.. but I thought this website was for those atleats a LITTLE bit educated .

everyone knows about gulfwar1, I dont even understand why you need to bring that up, but that was 14 bloody years ago.

new topics

top topics

join