It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Update to the Terms & Conditions coming soon...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
All members participating in discussions within the Secret Societies forum, please review this post from one of our Administrators:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Secret Societies forum has evolved into a glad-handing social club of masons who are ostensible participating to defend the group in which they are members.

However, of late the participation of overt masons has become a disruption to the consideration of conspiracies surrounding theirs and other similar groups. While no site welcomes a balanced debate and collaborative discussion more than ATS, the organized disruption of any particular topic by one group will not be tolerated. From this point forward, any activity deemed an organized disruption of any ATS topic by any apparently organized group of members will subject the entire group of members to possible post banning or complete account privilege termination of the entire group of members. It will be up to the sole discretion of the three ATS partners and our Administrators as to who is within such a group.

I'm sorry that events have cause this policy change (which will soon be reflected in our standard terms & conditions), but please be assured that this step is being taken to guarantee that honest and fair collaborative discussion is a primary focus throughout all our forums.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
*hugs the admin

That is a fantastic move. I have noticed this happening and I know I for one haven't bothered going there for quite sometime now.

It really does scare off members and stops conversations and questioning dead. But I guess that was the idea of what was happenng. I also notice that a few of these particular members ONLY post in replies to masonic threads and don't post anywhere else on the boards or in other threads.

Sometimes it feels like a conspiracy of masonic members diving in wherever the word mason is spoken. Which I guess is kinda apt for a conspiracy board.

It gets kind of "arrgh" after a while when you see a thread with about ten different triangular schoolies geometry set pics all down the side of a thread in avatars poo pooing what someone has speculated on.

Thanks again guys, there will be many out there that appreciate this move.

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Mayet]

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yeah Mayet, I'm sure there are.

I decided to totaly stay out of certain topics just because of this behaviour.

Its 2 or 3 posts of discussion, then 500 posts of people trying to defend themselves against what seems to be a pack of wolves that seem to have copy/paste ready reply's to whatever anyone sais and keep copy/pasting these same reply's untill everyone that wanted to discuss the topic just leaves out of pure agrivation.

I know several longterm members which I find usualy post high quality posts on ATS that have been rather absent for several months, because they were just tired and fed up with how they were constantly attacked by the same people.

I do have to admit that the masonry related threads aren't the only ones that face this kind of behaviour though.

Imho, the reception of UFO topics and topics related to the Bush administration regularly recieve the very same treatment.

With UFO's its generaly non-believers that just love to treat believers and newby posters that share their experiences asif their nuts.

With topics (including news topics) related to the Bush administration, no matter what side the topic is biased to, theres always people blindly replying negativly towards the topics content because it contradicts their beliefs, this without ever discussing the subject or having an open mind about what is being said.

In alot of cases its not really organized groups, but groups of people with the same mindset, in the politicaly flavored topics, this mindset is usualy a blind copy of whatever the partyline feeds them. This is actualy organized too, but on a level that ATS can't ban or counter without going head to head with the 2 major political party's in the US.

[edit on 4/12/05 by thematrix]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I've been waiting for this for so long. Kudos to the Three Amigos plus One.
I've joked to myself in the past that the Secret Societies Forum should be renamed to simply, "The Lodge", and I haven't stepped in there since not long after I first came to ATS.

I'm not one of the "masons are controlling my TV" crowd, but if there's one mason-related conspiracy that can be shown to be as close to real as possible, it is the conspiracy to manipulate and control public perception of freemasonry on the Internet.

Bravo SO, Springer, TC, and Simon.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
*hugs the admin

Surprise, surprise...

That is a fantastic move. I have noticed this happening and I know I for one haven't bothered going there for quite sometime now.

We've SURE missed you!

It really does scare off members and stops conversations and questioning dead.

You question the dead? Amazing. I am aware of LOTS of dead. I'm also really surprised that you're not. But to each it's own, huh?

But I guess that was the idea of what was happenng.

I guess you're right. It was indeed the idea of what was happening.

BTW, what does that mean? Is it English, because it ALMOST seemed to be...but not quite.

I also notice that a few of these particular members ONLY post in replies to masonic threads and don't post anywhere else on the boards or in other threads.

Some of these "particular members" don't give a rat's *** about the other boards because they're not being lied about in other boards.

/quote]Sometimes it feels like a conspiracy of masonic members diving in wherever the word mason is spoken. Which I guess is kinda apt for a conspiracy board.

Yep. Those ****-*ng Masons...they'll dive in when that word (you know ******) is spoken...then on top of that they'll actually give money to charity and they'll have the audacity to help those in need. Damned devil-worshipers....

It gets kind of "arrgh" after a while

I know what you mean. I've been kind of "arrgh" from time to time. Mostly when I read posts from clueless posters who've never contributed to ANYTHING on this so-called conspiracy forum....except to kiss the arse of Nazi-moderators who wish there were actual conspiracies being discussed here as it's supposed to be. Oh well.

when you see a thread with about ten different triangular schoolies geometry set pics all down the side of a thread in avatars poo pooing what someone has speculated on.

Uhm...uhm...was that English (or perhaps German) because I don't read or understand anything else.

Thanks again guys, there will be many out there that appreciate this move.

Wow! Including YOU? Awesome. Maybe now you'll actually participate in this forum. (be still my heart)

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
We're not kidding. The above member was just banned.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Senrak: your constant bitching and attacks about other people's language/writing skills is one of the main things that piss everyone of.

Instead of discussing the subject at hand you and your fellow masons tend to attack the authors of these threads, on their language skills, person, mental state, do attacks on the people they say they have the information from and so on.

This usualy goes on untill people just stop participating in the thread and in some cases leave ATS completely.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

if there's one mason-related conspiracy that can be shown to be as close to real as possible, it is the conspiracy to manipulate and control public perception of freemasonry on the Internet.

The proverbial nail.

...and I've noticed that the same applies elesewhere.

Bravo SO, Springer, TC, and Simon.

Bravo. Applause.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
...and I've noticed that the same applies elesewhere.

Information is power.
Control over the information is control the power.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I've dipped my toes into Secret Societies a few times myself and found the water a bit too hot/cold.

Without beleaguering the points already brought up, I hope it doesn't come to a 'blanket ban' of "the entire group of members", mainly because a few of them (without mentioning names) are actually very courteous individuals who are extremely well read and knowlegeable. I would miss their input.

But I do understand what this is about and I applaud the Three Amigos +1 in their effort to make it a place where none fear/dislike to tread.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yeah, there are Masons on ATS that are definatly likeable and rather productive members on ATS. But these seem to be the Masons that are people first and masons in their passtime.

If I'm not mistaken, one of them is even a moderator on ATS. Say Hi to Mirthfull Me.

I think this warning is mainly for a specific group of masons that have been haunting the same board for almost a year now. They are active in threads related to masonry and nothing else at all. All of their posts are reply's to threads bashing and attacking whoever dares to mention masonry in a negative or questioning way.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Good. I get tired of even trying to post anything Mason-related there, so I've just pretty well steered clear from that topic.

Way to go admins/mods!

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What was the reason for banning them? Because they're all masons? I don't know what "glad-handing" means or why defending their group is not correct if they feel it's the right thing to do. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by Mayet
*hugs the admin

Surprise, surprise...

You know what...I don't ever go into the freemason forum, nor do I care what you guys do while you're wearing your cute little aprons. I don't think you're all wicked evil little things, or that you're attempting to take over the world. That may be under-estimating you, but it's based on the fact that the few professed masons I've met in life looked like they just got through divorcing their sisters.

BUT, with my sheer lack of caring one way or the other professed, I have to say that if you intended some kind of "representation" for your apparently beloved order, you just flunked with honors!

Way to represent.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
To senrak, the banned, and any of his ilk that seek to disregard our simple requests of behavior while in our "digital living room", I ask why it is so hard to follow tradition here when apparently your "clubs/societies" thrive on it?

I have not been able to wrap my mind around this dichotomy.

For months Thomas Crowne has been trying to work with you lot, he even made a Podcast for those who refused to read his words. AboveTopSecret has a tradition, a tradition some of you have refused to honor.

Please understand this board belongs to this community and this community welcomes intelligent and courteous debate. Allowing ALL sides of a situation to be represented is one of our most cherished traditions.

This community will NOT suffer the attempted skewing of an issue by the omnipresent, quasi-organized, policing of a topic and or forum buy a would be gang of like minded individuals hell bent upon squelching any view points or theories in opposition to or not supportive of "Secret Societies".

This site is here for EXACTLY those kinds of theories and view points to be courteously and LOGICALLY debated REGARDLESS of the personal beliefs of members who are "Lodge Brothers and or Sisters". The opportunity for the "Brothers and or Sisters" is to courteously and logically rebut these theories.

Please take heed and return to civility.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If any member publishes a lie or a falsehood , ATS has a moral obligation surely to allow the opposite opinion to be freely published likewise. You carry the same obligation of any Publisher, of fair and balanced content.

It would appear from a readers point of view that the accusation is that this is an orchestrated group of people who are all on a campaign to take over a section of ATS.

Or is it a group of people from all over the Globe with no other tie than they wish to defend what they belive against the attack of untruths. It would be common for a constant attack to be repelled by a constant defence.

At the end of the day it is your board and if you do not want Freemasons here , I am confident they will leave.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This ride just keeps getting better and better.

Seriously, these "Brothers" wouldn't allow any criticism without descending like a pack of wolves. When they get aggressive en masse, they really do drown out other voices and make threads go way too long.

The funniest part is that the ATS top dogs would be the first fellows to step up and defend a Mason who was being abused or treated unfairly here. They are clearly just trying to moderate a tone without allowing any group to grab the microphone.

And yes, senrak, there are Masons who commit crimes and do naughty things. Now we will be able to discuss that possibility without calling down the entire brotherhood.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott

At the end of the day it is your board and if you do not want Freemasons here , I am confident they will leave.

That is rediculous.

Either you completely missed the message "This is a CONSPIRATORIAL BOARD, not a Masonic Lodge or you on purpose misunderstood the podcast and countless moderator efforts.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'd like to commend the management for this action. I was invited to join the Masonic Lodge in 1999 and did. I then discovered that there are two reasons that you're invited to join the Masonic Lodge (1) you're one of the 'boys' and part of an honor among thieves and (2) they suspect that you are a whistle-blowr or a potential whistle blower....the best way to control you is to invite you into the Lodge tell you a certain amount of things that you have already figured out and that the lodge members realize (but no more!) then threaten to ruin you, harm you and your family, etc, etc, if you reveal any of the 'secrets'. I would never join the Masonic Lodge again. The absolutely filthiest person whom I've ever worked with was in fact the person who extended my invitation into the lodge.
Later I discovered it was to cover up the fact that he had tampered with high pressure equipment that I was working with, and that mechanics for our employer discovered this equipment had been tampered with.

Since this could have resulted in very serious injury to me, even possible death, they were trying to get the incident investigated. I didn't suspect him at first because he had been my supervisor. While I was a member of that same Lodge, I witnessed the same person swindle his step-sister out of 18 acres of land that was legally hers by having a "Masonic Brother" come to the property during the weekend and do an illegal survey on the premises. This actually stood up in court; an outrage to anything that the United States is supposed to stand for.

BTW: If you are a Catholic, you loose the last rites of the Church if you take the oath of Freemasonry.

I will admit that I have some very good friends who are Masons. Ironically, one of them is a member of Law enforcement and in a very responsible position. While I was a member of the Masonic Lodge I was warned not to talk to my own friend again. That was when I had had enough. I have confided this to my friend, as well as who in the local lodge extended that threat. My friend is still in the Lodge, respects it highly and admitted that it had a few "bad apples".

If I was a benevolent dictator one of the first things I would do is shut down, completely, the Masonic Lodges.

Again, all I can say is: this is a very thoughtful and progressive move by the management. Keep up the good work.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Why not have a secret societys forum on BTS?
Why not have a place where the likes of mason can debate the merits of there societys with the NWO being invovled?
After all reglion has its own topic on BTS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join