It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Deaths of the World's Microbiologists and Other Leading Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I came across this article today, and what caught my attention, of course, was that yet another prominent microbiologist has died of unclear circumstances.

Death renews iceman 'curse' claim

The death of a molecular biologist has fuelled renewed speculation about a "curse" connected to an ancient corpse.
Tom Loy, 63, had analysed DNA found on "Oetzi", the Stone Age hunter whose remains were discovered in 1991.

Dr Loy died in unclear circumstances in Australia two weeks ago, it has been announced, making him the seventh person connected with Oetzi to die...

More...

While the "curse of the iceman" aspect of the story alone is interesting, I find it far more interesting that Dr. Loy's death is reported as having occurred under "unclear" circumstances.

I have seen various threads on ATS on the topic of such mysterious microbiologist deaths, but none in Skunk Works as of yet. Accordingly, I have attempted to aggregate those threads touching upon the subject here.

I'd like to invite everyone to theorize what is going on??? These deaths can't continue to be coincidences, can they?

Various ATS Threads On Topic:

List of murdered scientists..

WMD Expert Found Dead

The Body Count

MYSTERY OF THE DEAD SCIENTISTS

UK Porton Down WMD Expert Dies In Aircrash

Another leading scientist dead.

Assassination of Microbiologists

40 Microbiologists Killed: Something Fishy Going On?

Dead Microbiologists & H5N1

Why the die-off of the world's microbiologists?

[edit on 7-11-2005 by loam]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here's a VERY interesting and timely one.

H5N1 was first discovered in Scotland, in 1959.

Which means H5N1 has been spreading around the world, and mutating, for 46 years, at least.

A scientist identified only as Dr JE Wilson, of the Veterinary Laboratory in Lasswade, outside Edinburgh, is recorded as having worked on the case - sending the chicken to Addlestone, where the strain was medically isolated so it could be used in experiments. The Scottish H5N1 has been used in experiments, named "chicken/Scotland/1959". ...No medical agency in Scotland or England was able to give many details - except to say that the disease has become heartier and deadlier since it was found in Scotland. There is no sign of Dr Wilson. The Moredun Research Institute at Penicuik said that it had no record of him and that he was likely to have passed away."

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well when you make your living messing with deadly microbes...................

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I have seen various threads on ATS on the topic of such mysterious microbiologist deaths, but none in Skunk Works as of yet. Accordingly, I have attempted to aggregate those threads touching upon the subject here.

I'd like to invite everyone to theorize what is going on??? These deaths can't continue to be coincidences, can they?

ATS member dgtempe posted this on page 10 of the 40 Microbiologists Killed: Something Fishy Going On?

That fish you smell is coming from about 78 (latest count) dead bodies that would have been extremely qualified to handle the Avian Flu, vaccines and how to control it.

It's an interesting idea, even if a little too over the top for me. But as skunkworks is the place for speculation and collaboration i thought you may appreciate this angle to the "conspiracy".

new topics

top topics

join