It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra News Report - Correct link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
www.krqe.com...[VideoBigLocal]=ID&ID%5BVideoBigLocal%5D=3160

I just found this link on another website. Pretty interesting.

www.krge.com...

[edit on 27-10-2005 by alienartifact]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I followed your link, but do not see anything about a chupacabra on that page. Can you elaborate a bit on what you read?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
interesting account of chupacabra. Looks like the thing can really jump far

I guess we will have to wait and see if it returns if it even exsists...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thanks for fixing the link, that is a really wild story.

That is just crazy, I hope they do manage to find some more convincing evidence of the chupacabra. That picture they were showing next to the reporters really had me cracking up. That has been floating around cyberspace for several years.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This seems to be my mantra on this forum, but that sounds like a cougar.

Cougars are native of New Mexico, have "long furry tails," "big furry bodies," and are capable of leaping that distance--in fact, they're well-known for it. They can leap an average of 20-30 feet, twice that leaping up. It's not unheard of for a cougar to come into an urban or suburban neighborhood and begin making off with pets.

Even if it's not a cougar, it's not a chupacabra. Let's think logically here for a second:

Carcasses: The MO is not the same as what's been reported before. The carcasses were not found with the blood drained, nor were the usual punture marks present. In fact, by the sound of that story, the carcasses have not been found at all.

Counterpoint: Cougars bury what they don't eat, so that they can come back later and finish off the kill. If the animals were not consumed immediately, they're concealed somewhere. Finding them won't be easy.

Description: Taken from here: "[La Chupacabra] stands three to four feet tall, has a flexible row of spines down its back, eyes that glow red and long, sharp fangs... some even say it has wings." The animal described in the report: "Real furry kinda creature with a long furry tail."

Counterpoint: As previously mentioned, cougars are big. Big. They average about 170lbs. and roughly eight feet in length from nose to tail. The tail itself seems abnormally long for such a cat, and the head is small in comparison to the rest of the body, making it appear a little odd if seen in certain lights, like, say . . . perched on top of a garage with the sun behind it, or the sun setting, or anything like that.

Behavior: In the report, the creature supposedly reared onto its hindfeet and then leaped from one rooftop to another, leaving claw marks.

Counterpoint: Have you ever seen a cougar leap from place to place? In preparation, they bunch up, and then they push off with their hindfeet. It really looks like they're raising themselves up onto their back legs. When they land, they extend their claws to get a good grip on the surface they hit. Check out this page to see a picture-by-picture shot of a leaping cougar.

In short: the "chupacabra" aspect was just brought up as a means to make a good story. It's not a huge deal in the broad scheme of newsworthy items when people's pets disappear--people around here lose cats and dogs to coyotes and bobcats and all sorts of wildlife at least once a year. It makes it all the more interesting when the word "chupacabra" is brought into the mix.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Wolvaurynphamir]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Chupacbra attacked a Donut man LOL. Are they sure it wasnt the cops?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Chupacbra attacked a Donut man LOL. Are they sure it wasnt the cops?

LoL

Wolvaurynphamir

Good post and point
I always look out for your posts in the Crypto forms. I think that is a very good explanation. The only question I would have is would not the person who seen the creature know a Cougar when he saw one? I would think even though I have never seen a cougar out in the wild. I would know a cougar or at least a large cat when I see one.

I would agree his description is not common of the chupacabra.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch
Wolvaurynphamir

Good post and point
I always look out for your posts in the Crypto forms. I think that is a very good explanation. The only question I would have is would not the person who seen the creature know a Cougar when he saw one? I would think even though I have never seen a cougar out in the wild. I would know a cougar or at least a large cat when I see one.

I would agree his description is not common of the chupacabra.

He might, and he might not. If it was seen at a glance with poor lighting, it could be mistaken for something "different." And, again, I concede that it might not be a cougar, but it's definitely not a chupacabra. I only state that it might be a cougar because a lot of the descriptions are similar to that of the big cat, and it could be a case of mistaken identity.

I agree with you: living in New Mexico, he should know what a cougar looks like. They're native of the area. However, I have met quite a few people, even in this area, who don't really know what a cougar looks like. So, who knows?

Cougar or not, it's definitely not a chupacabra.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
What ever happened to the good old scalley lizard thing with spines along its back?

Whenever people now see a creature they don't reconise, they seem to scream 'Chupacabra!'.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Jumping 40 feet is crazy. Especially since from what was described it wasnt a running leap.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
Jumping 40 feet is crazy. Especially since from what was described it wasnt a running leap.

Yes, either it was flying or hovering with the help of wings of some kind. I dont believe any creature can jump this far without the aid of a branch for instance, to help you get shot into the air.

top topics

join