It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Avatars provide a means to express one's character, demeanor, and personality, they also afford one the ability to "beat the bush" [so to speak] from time to time.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I really never thought id hear that,Im jealous of so many of them....Im just learning but If the problem is that you dont know how to make one or add one i havent talked to anyone on here that wouldnt be more than willing to throw you some pointers on avatars or anything else for that matter...Use your U2U

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Some ats-member used to have this as his/her avatar... I can´t remember who had it...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Avatars don't suck, missing the Beer Store by 2 minutes sucks.

Creating your own avvy's is fun, it's a creative expresion for some.

BTW, I made this one. Fun man.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Now, THAT would be an Avatar whoich would confuse me, and drive me insane if I was trying to read a text at the same time!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think avatars are the greatest thing since the invention of fire.

They are signposts of the personality and there's some really interesting personalities out there. Every time someone changes their avatar, I take notice...especially WCIP's, lysergics and netchickens, to name a few.

Think of them as ATS heiroglyphs.

JAK

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
BTS Member Art: Game: Rate the Avatar above You 1 to Ten

Pages 112

Views 38917

Replies 2229
Jak

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

I beleive it was Lysergic's, but I'm not 100% sure.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I find that the avatars are the only representation of the persons current feelings and emotions. Basicly it puts a face on the member. I don't judge people by their avatars but I use them to understand the persons stance in a subject. For example, If the guy has aliens in his avatar, he must have a strong opinion about aliens and believes in them (duhhh...). The image can be representative of interests, hobbies and current political stance.

I picked mine because of it's serious look that means I'm all buisness and no crap will be taken or given.

Avatars are essential in forums.

GoldEagle

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Looks like the majority is winning. I have a new computer, also, so bandwidth is not the problem. I like simple on the web. Again, I like this site but I charge it with having too much clutter.

I am just not into avatars. I think a good siganture with perhaps a small pic is more than enough.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Avatars reflect our personalities and define who we are.

I like them.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
One of my personal favorites:

Oppps, thats not an avatar.
Let me try again:

seekerof

[edit on 27-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Personality aside *sorta*. The avatars are what make the ATS community
boards unique... without 'em, this place would be your typical
average message boad community.

And we can't have that, now can we?

Yep! Guess imman "avatar lover" too!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This site has some of the best Avatars I have seen.

I can't complain about the signatures either. Many forums out there allow outrageous abuse of signatures. One thing I like here, is that most posts are bigger than the sig's.

I cant' stand boards where sig's are bigger than posts and avatars.
That is unreadable

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I use them to quickly locate some members responses in long threads if I'm just following their posts on a topic.

Or if I'm trying to review something I've posted it's very easy to scroll down the screen fast and find my distinctive background colour.

I do admit to blocking some members images if they move around too much and annoy me. I use "adblock" to remove stuff like that spastic image posted above.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think Avatars are a nice way of tracking someone down, I use it a lot of the time in "some" forums, to see if a "certain" member has posted on them. Primarily those members who back up their view points with evidence, so that I can see if my work has already been done there.

It is a lot easier than finding a name and also it makes it look nice, many avatars are fantastic to look at and the whole page never takes more than 2seconds to download for me so all is well.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I was thinking about making a "Avatars rule!" thread but it looks like this one is doing the job already

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Moving to Chit Chat.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Maybe you want to look like everyone else, but I don't.
Avatars are a form of self expression just like clothes or hair style.

I agree with Umbrax 100%.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And lets not forget all the talented people here who create them and generously give them to us.
Thank you for your amazing talents!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join