It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This...is interesting video...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They claim they found an ice giant...the story is very interesting and they have some video. I posted this here because honestly, I feel like it's way too big to be an ice giant, but possibly a craft of some sort based from the video.

Check it out. I'd like to know what people think about this.

www.arkadysimkin.pl...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Very interesting EC!

I havent heard of Ice Giants. Who are they?
Craft? I have no idea what they have found.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Neat. They say the thing has giant horns, but I can't see that (or a head) in the video. I'd like to see some still frames. Pretty cool, though! I wonder what it is..

Zip

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well, I just finished listening to the radio interview and reading the full story.

It appears they found some sort of huge bull with armor and fur. From the video you can tell that even a small part of this thing dwarfs the hellicopter they came in. It's simply enourmous which is why I thought maybe it was a craft. Then watching the video again it looked like someone was playing with some sort of long hair.

I'm not sure if this is a new hoax or if it's a legit find, but I'd like to know more.

This afterall may not be proper for this thread category so it may be moved, or not.

This story has my attention, thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Nice find, EC
the video was quite interesting,
but i've got to admit, i could'nt help but feel that the radio interview, was staged managed, it just somehow sounded rehearsed.
is this just me who thinks this?

I maybe wrong, just a thought.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have no idea what the hell that thing is

And yes, it does resemble a mammoth in some sort of armour.

Very strange.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I kind of wondered about the interview myself. I couldn't tell if I was skeptical because it felt staged or just becuase it wasn't an Amercian interview. In other words, there wasn't any production or anything, call signs that sort of thing to add credibility to the radio station...

This whole thing could be an elaborate hoax the more I look into it.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Now this is very interesting, for sure. I saw the video, and heard the radio interview. Did you catch the part where the scientist said, "The company sponsoring the expedition confiscated all the video (except for that brief one he has), and then paid them all more money than they are used to getting, to all keep their mouths shut. Even sign non-disclosure agreements??"

He also pointed out that he has an attorney and that they are pursuing suing the company to get their video footage back, but it is more complicated than that, because the company is subsidized by the Russian government, and "You can't just go suing the Russian government- it does not work like it does in England."

WTF? So why would they want to keep it under wraps so bad? You'd think a discovery such as this would excite worldwide scientists to the point of fervor! And yet, he says no one is really interested.

And then he goes on to tie the discovery in with an age-old myth: "The Myth of Khatanga." This was interesting too, as the myth talks of a tribe that kept having their village meat stocks being eaten by a very gigantic creature, to the point that they stopped settling in villages and became nomads to keep away from this thing.

So being interested, I did a bit more research. And it appears this new huge creature was discovered close to the area where the famous frozen wooly mammoths were discovered: near Khatanga in northern Siberia. First a bit on Khatanga:

www.vicaar.spb.ru...

Khatanga is a small Siberian town of fishermen and hunters withpopulation of about 3,000 people, situated on the right bank of Khatanga river on a latitude 72 deg. North. Population of Khatanga consists of the Russians (50%)and indigenous peoples Dalgan and Nganasan.

Khatanga hotel is a brick five story building with central heating. There are 4 suites with all private facilities. All other rooms are for two or three persons. There are 3 WC, 2 showers and a washing area on each floor. We assume double room accommodation in Khatanga.

Meals are served at a local restaurant - cafe. There is an opportunity to buy local souvenirs and handicraft articles. The local Museum of Nature, Ethnography and Culture possess a small but rich collection of local handicraft, cloths, examples of wild life and mammoth ivory.

In Khatanga temperatures in April range from -25°C to -10°C. Mostly clear and dry. Dark time at night for 3-4 hours. Polar Lights are likely to observe during the night.

www.christiancourier.com...

In 1901 a mammoth carcass was found so well-preserved that there were food fragments, as yet unswallowed, in its mouth. Moreover, there was more than twenty pounds of vegetation still in the stomach cavity - some ofwhich was not yet decayed. The animal had died and been frozen in virtually a matter of hours (Dillow, pp. 319-20).

Another amazing revelation amidst these discoveries is the fact that the stomach content of some of these creatures indicated they had been grazing on vegetation that grows only in warm regions, yet they were quite near the north pole. Scientists were mystified.

And another one discovered in 1997 From:
www.trussel.com...

The mammoth, dubbed "Zharkov" after a local man who first discovered its tusk sticking out of the ice in 1997, was a 3-meter-tall adult male that would have looked like a hairy elephant to the modern eye.

Carbon dating of bits taken from the mammoth at the site show it is 23,000 years old. Other tests show it died at the prime of its life, aged about 47 years, Mol said.

Also, it should be noted that some scientists have wanted to clone these mammoths:
empirequesthof.com

And another interesting read on these mammoths:
hanskrause.de...

But anyway, I digress. The whole point of illustrating this is to establish that this new discovery of a very large, unknown creature took place in the very region where other such discoveries have occured, and that by doing so, hopefully makes this whole thing just a bit, not much, but just a bit, more believable! Lord only knows what further research on the creature, and even further expeditions in this region seemingly "frozen in time" will produce!

But unfortunately, after searching my buns off, I could not find another reference to this "Myth of Khatanga" that the scientist so referred to in the radio interview. Please post it if any of you find out something or know more on this!

Thanks,
TA

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ahahahhaha, you're lucky I'm interested in games as well as UFOs. This is a viral marketing sceem to promote the new game Shadow of the Colossus. The game in wich you climb HUGE colossi in order to bring them down, all in the name of love.

I just finished a 4 hour session, and that is absolutely 100% the second colossi in the game, no doubt about it. Also you can notice the CG when they shoot the colossus part in the vid.

Got a laugh out of me, good thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Interesting. As a resident skeptic
and I don't know what to say about the video. I'm generaly bored to tears by most videos/sites posted here. THis is a bit different. It's such a remote location and inhospitable area that a "Hoax" would take significant amount of planning and determination to carry it out.

I'm also taken by the fact that the site isn't throwing concocted mangled theories and photos at every opportunity.

My only reservation appears to be a percieved change of scale from the close up shots inspecting the hair area and then the larger panning shot were the chopper then lifts off. If there is compositing work, the camera tracking is done very well and the color correcton of the plates/layers is done very well.

Beyond that, even if it was herbavore, the amount of food something that huge would consume would be unimaginable. It would definately be older than is suggested in the interview.

Interesting find. Will keep an eye on this one.

Ram

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
looks like computer... grafic's...

But it's very good work...

The same as the india one.
I can see how you can get fooled by this one... hehe.

Oh ask me how i can see it?

It's the shadows again. But it's very close call..

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Read my post, damn youz.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
well done Drexon , I think you could well be right. I don't know how to get a screen cap from windows media, so instead here is a camera phone pic taken of my screen with the thing in the video alongside a clip I found of shadow of the colossus from here
media.ps2.gamespy.com...
(gameplay 1# video clip)

sorry if it's not too clear, but it looks like it could be a pretty good match to me!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Drexon,

Can you look at my thread and tell me if this is part of that game, because I see some similarities.

Your comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You have GOT to be kidding me!!

HAHAHAHA

I've been duped by the game industry, and I'm a gamer!

LOL

Nice one. And good job on recognizing this.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Of course its a hoax from the video game developers but really I'm amazed at how anyone could be fooled by this in the first place.

Not a single photograph of the thing on the website.

A nameless DJ on a nameless radio station?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Right,
you come in after everything unfolds and act like you were just too smart and knew it all along?

haha, anyway...

Your just too smart for all of us boy lemme tell ya.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Umm, why did my post have the word Rember on it?

I didn't add this...am I missing something?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What is this?!?!?1

My second post said, Faling.

Remember faling....?

Once I refresh the words are gone..

Is this a game?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wow. That sounds like what I went... or am going through. Noone really replied to my thread though, don't know why. I was being serious with it and having a real hard time pressing the post button in the end. I was just so frustrated at the whole ordeal.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read it, and then give me a 'call' on ICQ. ICQ: 92518363 or MSN Messenger: [email protected]

Unless you're toying with me. :/

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join