It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water = Ark , Fire = Flying Ark? (other bibe Qs?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hey if when the earth was flooded an Ark was built, what about when the eart is detroyed by fire? What happens next? Someone builds an flying ark so to speak?

Also does anyone know what text states how man will try to take over the moon and also how man (government) isn't honest about visitors from above? I forgot the exact words I don't think it was a ref. to aliens but a ref to something I donnu angels? I think it was from maybe a Gospel of Thomas or Nag Hummadi etc etc.

Also in the bible doesn't it state not to belive of life from different planets?

Thanks for any and all help!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I should of mentioned I am not familar with rapture to know if it will be the spam sort of plan or if everyone just dies and some die and some go to heaven or what have you.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The bible deals with earth, not space. So it is very likely that the second coming or rapture could take place before we set up a permement presance onto other heavenly bodies.

of course the rapture could just take place when we die, and doesn't need a physical or earthly representation for it

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
, what about when the eart is detroyed by fire? What happens next? Someone builds an flying ark so to speak?

Also does anyone know what text states how man will try to take over the moon and also how man (government) isn't honest about visitors from above? I forgot the exact words I don't think it was a ref. to aliens but a ref to something I donnu angels? I think it was from maybe a Gospel of Thomas or Nag Hummadi etc etc.

Also in the bible doesn't it state not to belive of life from different planets?

Thanks for any and all help!

There is no flying ark. Elijah was taken up in a chariot of fire, that is probably what you are talking about. It doesn't say man will takeover the moon. The Bible talks of deception on satan's part and how people who serve him deceive also. The books that were not included in the Bible were not included for a reason. The authorship couldn't be verified and they conflicted with the accepted books.

We are to believe in Christ not aliens. There is no mention of life on other planets. We are told there are angels and fallen angels.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hi Japike/
If you are sincerely interested in knowing God ......then pray!
Do no harm to anyone...
Does anyone require your Help?
if this is possible, do so.......does not need to be with money.
Pray.
Do not judge others mistakes(accuse others of being at fault), but firstly look at your own.......i'm sure we are all guilty of this!
Pray.
Be Humble ....

God's mercy is just!

As for the flood.....
quote///
Hey if when the earth was flooded an Ark was built, what about when the eart is detroyed by fire? What happens next? Someone builds an flying ark so to speak?
If it says in the Bible that there will be a ''flying ark'' then, YES i'm sure they could build one!

"God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually... So the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth" (Gen. 6:5,7).

On whom goes to heaven or not.....God alone knows this...and Judges.

The Prophet-king David already writes in one of his psalms: "He has prepared his throne for judgement. He shall judge the world in righteousness” (Psalm 9, 7-8).

"For we shall all stand before the judgement seat of Christ” (Rom. 14, 10). The Christians of Rome, to whom this is said, had knowledge and experience of what the emperor's and the judge's throne meant.
He also says the same thing to the Christians of Corinth: "For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad” (2 Cor. 5, 10).

quote here
Sorry,
No rapture......this teaching is not true......and can be dangerous .....making people think that they will be taken away from what is to happen at the end of times........by- pass all the suffering......There are many subject posts on 'rapture' alone in the forums....
take care
IX
helen

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

If it says in the Bible that there will be a ''flying ark'' then, YES i'm sure they could build one!

No rapture......this teaching is not true

Although I'm am going to sound mad I'm not but what kind of answer is this to tell someone. The Bible doesn't mention a flying ark!!! There is no "if", it's not in there.

There are plenty of threads about the rapture. I've posted on plenty of them with the verses confirmimg it is real.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
dbrandt/
Im sorry!
Of-course there is no 'flying ark'!

People talk about flying chariots being in the Bible(many books written on the subject.eg Enoch and Elijah)........is there a flying chariot?
Is that what it stood for in the time of when the Scriptures were written?
Of-course it didn't.
Should not people try and work out for themselves to what the Bible tells them?
And not try to rely on jus anyone trying to use their opinion on what the Scriptures says and means!
I'm sure Jpike is capable of reading and learning.

As for the RAPTURE......this is no Tradition/or scripture to support that this was passed from the teachings of the Apostles........therefore it is not a teaching that holds any TRUTH!
No matter how many RAPTURE threads there are, this is not a teaching of Jesus Christ or His apostles.....

helen
edit some spelling mistakes and added.....(many books written on the subject.eg Enoch and Elijah.

[edit on 10/23/2005 by helen670]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

As for the RAPTURE......this is no Tradition/or scripture to support that this was passed from the teachings of the Apostles........therefore it is not a teaching that holds any TRUTH!
No matter how many RAPTURE threads there are, this is not a teaching of Jesus Christ or His apostles.....

[edit on 10/23/2005 by helen670]

Not true Jesus said in Luke 21:66 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The book of Acts 15:13-17 13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
[14] Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
[15] And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
[16] After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
[17] That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

These are 2 verses among many.

Yes, everyone should read the Bible continually for themself and you will see there is no flying ark and you will see that the rapture is presented.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

There are two sources I'm aware of that speak of things sort of like this. The first is the Indian vedas, which refer to flying vehicles called vimanas, and the second is the books of Enoch, which refer to a battle in the heavens.

The books of Enoch are particularly revealing in regards to aspects of the New Testament that make little sense without their context.

Neither of these sources are in the Bible though if that's what you were thinking.

No.

new topics

top topics

join