It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran Says it Has Proof Britain Involved With Bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The British Embassy in Tehran has dismissed claims by Iranian officials that Iran has proof Britain was involved in bombings last week which killed 6 people. The bombings in the oil rich south western state of Ahvaz's Khuzestan province, injured over 100 people and a further bomb that was planted under a bridge in the city was defused by police. There is growing tension between Britain and Iran at present but Britain says the allegations are baseless.

www.abc.net.au
The British embassy in Tehran immediately rejected the allegations, which came amid mounting tensions between Tehran and London over suspected Iranian meddling in Iraq and the Islamic republic's nuclear program.

"Information obtained by the concerned organs show that Britain is the main accused in the recent events," Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki told state television.

"The information shows that Britain is seeking to create insecurity in our country by interfering in our internal affairs," he added, warning the consequences "could be worrying for the British".

"We reiterate our total rejection of these accusations as well as our condemnation of these terrorist attacks," a senior british diplomat told AFP.

"We have made it clear to the Iranian authorities that the British government and British forces in Iraq stand ready to assist in preventing attacks of this kind."

Several Iranian officials, including President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, have already said that Britain was a suspect, but had generally stopped short of claiming they possessed evidence directly implicating Britain.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I would like to what what Proof Iran has got of Britain's involvement in bombings. if irrefutable this could blow the lid off all the "tension" in the area.

[edit on 20-10-2005 by Mayet]

cjf

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
I would like to what what Proof Iran has got of Britain's involvement in bombings. if irrefutable this could blow the lid off all the "tension" in the area.

I would like to know as well; however it it were 'irrefutable' then IMHO we would have already seen this 'proof'. I suspect this is no more than the old tactic of 'double finger-pointing'.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Not surprised if they do.

After all, they were already caught red-handed once: Iraq: Brit Soldiers Dressed As Arabs In car Packed With Explosives Captured

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Then what? The UK are terrorists?? even IF iran produce irrefutable proof , then what are they going to do about it?

cjf

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Not surprised if they do.

After all, they were already caught red-handed once: Iraq: Brit Soldiers Dressed As Arabs In car Packed With Explosives Captured

After reviewing the thread cited, 'red-handed' is a bit generous.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjf
After reviewing the thread cited, 'red-handed' is a bit generous..

The generous part is the UK forking over the funds to rebuild the damage, since they where caught redhanded.

Britain "apologizes" for terrorist act in Basra
Rescue of SAS men who were planning to place bombs in Basra City Square

UK agrees to pay for Basra damage
The UK Government is willing to pay compensation for the casualties and damage caused in Iraq when two British undercover soldiers were freed.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Look I don't doubt at all that Britain or even the U.S. , and im an american citizen btw, are behind alot of bombings in the world. When you blow stuff up and noone knows who did it eventually they will justt start pointing fingers at each other. And when that happens they will want to kill each other. When that happens we will have the top weapons suppliers in the world selling arms to both sides like they do already in every destabalized and warring region of the world.

I still dont believe anyone is going to invade Iran and I sure hope they get nukes so at least the ones who think about it wont even want to do terrorist bombings, like Britain is being accused of.

cjf

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
The generous part is the UK forking over the funds to rebuild the damage, since they where caught redhanded.

This thread is about Iran and the accusation of British terrorism inside Iranian borders. Jumping to the conclusion the British committed these particular acts of terrorism are a quite a leap based upon the one reputable source cited:

The UK Government is willing to pay compensation for the casualties and damage caused in Iraq when two British undercover soldiers were freed.
-[snip]-
Several Iraqis were killed or wounded when the police station walls were knocked down, and in a demonstration in Basra.....

There was a transgression which is being dealt with accordingly. By no means of your post have you proven your allegations of 'red handed' British terrorism concerning Iran or Iraq nor can you draw congruent lines based upon a weak assumption.

new topics

top topics

join