It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ruins of Turkey.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have always love ancient ruins and when i went to Turkey there was a ruins place called Ephesus. It was amasing, truely breath taking.

i also went to a hut at a top of the mountain and it was said that, that was were the Virgin Mary died. because a nun lived there and she said she had a vision of the Virgin Mary (that is the story).
me and my father went into the hut and you could feel the power within it! it was amasing! words cannot explain the feeling that i felt. (i am not religious) thought i would mention that. you were able to talk within the hut but i felt that i couldn't speak!
thought i would share this with you all.

oni x x

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
bloody turkish builders eh?...youd think they would have finished the damn thing?

yeah oni...i know that feeling of over whelming power and spiritualization......i felt it last time i was in manchester and i went in the Lamborghini dealer ship.....breath taking.....

lol..sorry.....

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ah Oni, I envy you. This is one of the places I would love to visit. Glad you had a nice trip and such a wonderful experience.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Relent that is so nice. it was an amasing experience.
fett like you to think of cars! but Lamborghini's are lovely and kewl!

oni x x

ps: fett hows your babba? getting enough sleep? Lol

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Oni x x]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
hey oni!..heres some more pics of turkey....i dont think its ruined but it does look a tad under cooked?

sorry...bored sunday morning at the office.

Babys fine, thanks for asking and yes im not getting much sleep!

laters.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

This looks more like the ruins of turkey:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yes Oni x x............ Im glad you enjoyed your visit to Ephesus .........of what was Greece ...... of what lies in ruins today !
Famous for it's New Testament sites.......for all Christians!
Thank you Turkey!
For Your respect to other Religious Holy sites........
What can I say......This is Greek, not Turkish History.
One day.....SOON.........

i also went to a hut at a top of the mountain and it was said that, that was were the Virgin Mary died. because a nun lived there and she said she had a vision of the Virgin Mary (that is the story).
me and my father went into the hut and you could feel the power within it! it was amasing! words cannot explain the feeling that i felt. (i am not religious) thought i would mention that. you were able to talk within the hut but i felt that i couldn't speak!
thought i would share this with you all.

oni x x

On the cross Jesus entrusted his mother to the care of Saint John and it is thought that when John was in Ephesus (37-48AD are possible dates) Mary was with him.

Take care
IX
helen

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ahh, Turkeys great. I think i'm going again soon which I hope will be awsome.

BUT WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GO AND BAN THE FEZ!!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm leaving for Turkey on Thursday - I can hardly wait! Our first trip and it will be with a group as sort of a cultural/interfaith kinda thing.

We fly into Istanbul but we're supposed to go to several other cities - I don't have the itenarary yet. We'll be there for 10 days.

One thing though - I've been checking the weather forecasts and I can't figure out just what to pack. I need to pack the bare minimum! We bought a bunch of overpriced microfiber clothing because we were told it would be really hot but, the weather reports and forecasts don't seem to bear that out. In some places, it looks like we might even need light jackets. ARGH!!! Any jacket will take up about half the suitcase I was planning to pack.

Any advice?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Back from Turkey and what can I say?! A most beautiful and amazing place with the warmest and most welcoming people I've met anywhere!

Our group went to a lot more places than I had expected - we went to about 10 cities, I think. I can barely remember some of them. Konya was wonderful! We went to Ephesus and it was mind-blowing. We also went to the legendary house of the Virgin Mary and, I have to admit, I thought it was a complete fake. Very disappointing. The structure there was certainly nowhere close to 2,000 years old - maybe more like 500 years old at the most.

Istanbul - WOW! Go there!

U2U me if you want details and pictures and such.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Turkey is a great place, i wish i could travel there but i have no idea where to stay..... on the coast looks like a great place i believe

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The coasts of Turkey are indeed beautiful!

On my trip, our group was booked into some fabulous hotels but they really weren't my style - they cater to a lot of Russian and eastern European tastes which seem to be more along the lines of Miami in the 80's - very "disco" and glitzy. I'm sure there are coastal cities that are more "authentic" and less of a jukebox atmosphere. I still had a great time but I'd love to go back and explore some of the quieter areas - more off the beaten path.

new topics

top topics

join